Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Origins Video Debuts

2»

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Precusor
    Originally posted by Muke
    Do people still fall for their PR stunts?

Yes, that's because it is still growing after 10y and the most innovative MMO out there which noone till this day has equalized.

I agree EVE is a great mmo for its genre.. my point is the devs tend to over hype their ideas and talk about stuff that never gets implemented.

calling EVE the most innovative mmo out there is just showing how crappy the mmo industry is.

True, a game of landgrab, politics, wars, markets, ruining others, making a difference on the game, 1 big servercluster is -unfortunately-  still a unique thing in MMO world, that's why EVE is still imho the BEST world generator game out there, and growing.

And yes, EVE is innovative because they think out of the box and try new technologies where themepark devs are scared to try new things as it might scare players away.

Themepark devs should take a look at this game, because players generate the content and all the devs do basicly is deliver the tools....no need to race to push out new raids and dungeons every month when the players are done with it in a mere few days. Player generated content ties them longer to the game and -should- be the mmo future because they make a difference and can leave a mark on the game, whereas in themeparks you are just another number on one of the servershards out there.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Originally posted by ethanlalla
    the combat is like the video's you just need to zoom in :P some people find it hard to zoom in and out constantly but i do it and i know my fleet vs fleet experiences have been excellent

nah it's detailed yes, but ships fight in stationary postions most of the time, it's not like your drivng your ship threw fights firing at random targets.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by chaintm
    Originally posted by ethanlalla
    the combat is like the video's you just need to zoom in :P some people find it hard to zoom in and out constantly but i do it and i know my fleet vs fleet experiences have been excellent

nah it's detailed yes, but ships fight in stationary postions most of the time, it's not like your drivng your ship threw fights firing at random targets.

try to be a tackling interceptor giving warpins in big fleetbattles, then you go from left to right, up and down while avoiding getting tackled from all sides lol.

I get your point though, but unless you are a 'fleet grunt that listens to the Fleet Commander and let them get fleetwarped and press F1 when asked' EVE combat can be VERY dynamic.

It's not always 'use warp disruptor--> orbit at 20km and press f1 till the opponent or you explodes'.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Naeh... not me, I've already tried EvE a few times, was fun for a while, but I couldn't stick with it.

That doesn't mean I can't like their trailers though, they're always very well made.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by PieRad

Naeh... not me, I've already tried EvE a few times, was fun for a while, but I couldn't stick with it.

That doesn't mean I can't like their trailers though, they're always very well made.

Yup. I'v been duped for 10 years now. Probably will remain duped by their evil marketing for another decade. I mean, it is not possible that I actually like the game, now, is it?

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

I plan to buy the game in a week or so, just after finishing my trial period. So yeah, I guess I fell for it.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by Muke

Yes, that's because it is still growing after 10y and the most innovative MMO out there which noone till this day has equalized.

*hahaha* 

Oh wait your serious? let me laugh harder then.....What the hell is "innovative" about eve?  please   damn thing is a glorified spreadseet with graphics.  and  dust is a fkin  debacle if I ever seen one.  an game  not fit for 2005  made for 2013.     Time=wasted.       [mod edit]

It..Burns..