It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
You have to know the ending of Bioshock and have watched Fringe for this to even be remotely interesting.
Ok, so I was thinking about the ending of Bioshock: Infinate (and whole plot once you look at the big picture after the end) the other day and it hit me... the new Bioshock is essentially the whole plot of Fringe the TV show.
Let me explain. I know concepts and ideas are borrowed across the industries all the time, but this seemed a little more blatent; or at least someone was writing from their subconcious. Let me give you a few examples:
- Booker and Comstock are the same person but in different universes / the two Walters.
- Book and Com end up on divergent paths in the two universes / again Walters.
- Comstock steals the child of Booker from another universe / Walters
- The "tears" are bleeding into both universe that a girl controls / Olivia (no she wasn't walters daughter, but he did give her the powers essentially.
- The universes bleed over into one another.
- There is a war that bleeds over into the other universe altering the main plot
- One universe is technologically different (Zepplin theme in both)
- Dead mother in the picture
- The divergent paths lead to two totally different worlds / One ends up a bum, the other rises to power
- The cyphers in Bio / the hidden codes in Fringe
There are several more I can list but I'll let you put them together (unless I'm totally seeing something that isn't there). I dunno, I was just laying in bed at the edge of sleep and all these commonalities started popping in my head.