Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changeable terrain!

tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

So I watched the Mark - a - Thon series today, and found a real Gem in the updates.

Mark said that Andrew is currently working on a system where the terrain of the game will change base on which realm owns it.

In my oppinion, that is very amazing. A very dynamic world, It will be awesome to be able to caapture a building, and for example if you're a TDD, watch trees and nature grow around it.

This is something that to my knowledge has never been done in an MMORPG, it will bring a whole new level of immersion, and realm pride in my oppinion.

If I knew nothign else about the game, other than this information, and that it will be RvR focused, and Mark was making it, that would be enough information for me to fund the game alone. Just sayin lol.

Such a cool idea!

Comments

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

its about time honestly.

i hope its not like just fully scripted that after like 20 seconds it just fully changes but rather it gradually changes depending on how long a realm has had influence there.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    Originally posted by skyexile

its about time honestly.

i hope its not like just fully scripted that after like 20 seconds it just fully changes but rather it gradually changes depending on how long a realm has had influence there.

I couldn't agree more. :)

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by MarkJacobs
    Originally posted by skyexile its about time honestly. i hope its not like just fully scripted that after like 20 seconds it just fully changes but rather it gradually changes depending on how long a realm has had influence there.

Perfect.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• chrissreefchrissreef Member Posts: 24

LOVE the idea... I just have to wonder about how much resources this would take to develop.

Would we prefer this or another class if it came to it?

I think terrain would bring in more players and forever change MMO's but a new class would be fun to fight and might bring in more people too... hmmm

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Great idea. 

Maybe the Vikings can bring some winter with them as they conquer the world.

Nanulak

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by MarkJacobs
    Originally posted by skyexile

its about time honestly.

Awesome. Towns could really develop uniquely from server to server. Gives me more ideas for the soul/crafting system, too.