Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

positionals and reactionaries confirmed by MJ

nf4mousnf4mous Member Posts: 45

in his latest update.

huzzah!

Comments

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    And this means ?

• Positionals = Attacks that require you to attack an opponent from a specific direction. Backstabs for example require you to attack from the back.

Reactionaries = Attacks that you can only activate after a specific event occurs. For example a counterattack ability usable shortly after you parried an opponent's attack.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by tinuelle
    And this means ?

They copied more from DAoC.

Not a bad thing, but it seems almost every "new" reveal is a rehashed DAoC mechanic.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• chrissreefchrissreef Member Posts: 24

I asked him about reactionaries... I've seen them in other games but not as good as daoc.

daoc you could select 2... i hope CU has this

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Originally posted by tinuelle
    And this means ?

They copied more from DAoC.

Not a bad thing, but it seems almost every "new" reveal is a rehashed DAoC mechanic.

That's because there were so many good things in DAoC that revamping these stellar ideas makes me happy.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Well we are up to Aion combat now
  • EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

Do you mean Aion was up to DAoC combat?

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Edany

What? No I mean that Camelot: Unchained is now up to the combat level of Aion. Did you read my post at all?

• Duvall_LoboDuvall_Lobo Member Posts: 10
    After reading over just about everything put out it seems they will take everything that worked with DAOC and add to it. If its not broke don't fix it.
  • EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Edany

What? No I mean that Camelot: Unchained is now up to the combat level of Aion. Did you read my post at all?

Yes, I read your post, and I facetiously asked you if Aion's positional and chained attack combat was up to the level of DAoC since it was DAoC's implementation of them that CU seems to be following, not Aions. 

• PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167
    This is fantastic news that positionals are back (and reactionaries!)

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

• Delavega86Delavega86 Member Posts: 112

dammit!!

i dont like this. ill prolly not play a backstabber then.

cause it usually goes like this:

you're trying to backstab someone.

he fuckin knows what you're trying to do, so he just spins and strafes around.

and even though you're doing the exact same thing, and you can see his back...

because theres like a 100ms lag between you, you get the error "must be behind your target"...

even tho you clearly are behind him.

thats just great -_-

• I love positional attacks because of the tactical aspect, but you make a good point with the lag.
  • DocmanduDocmandu Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by nf4mous

in his latest update.

huzzah!

When he says, he's a "fan" of positional combat.. it doesn't automatically mean it will be in there. Since he's also a "fan" of some WoW mechanics, RIFT mechanics, GW2 mechanics, DAoC mechanics... basically anything you ask him, he's a fan of.

• What about knives?
  • SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

I love how you guys claim something is going to be in the game when there isn't any demo of the game.  EVERYTHING he says is an idea that he thinks would be nice to have in the game.  EVERYTHING.   It doesn't mean it will be in the game at the end.  

Positionals and reactionary combos are pretty simple stuff, but stop saying "this and that is in the game" because there is no game.  Nothing is in the game until it ships.  Jeez.

• ReeseFlamelocksReeseFlamelocks Member UncommonPosts: 45

The fact he has to waste his breath at this point saying he is going to implement something that most games have boggles my mind. Really? Positionals and reactionaries?

And are there going to be these things called "banks"? What about if...if...wait for it, your character wears these things called "rings" that give bonuses to this number called a "stat"?

Start the revolution. /sarcasm

Played: UO, DAoC, Shadowbane, DDO, LOTRO, Aion, Rift, TERA
    Sampled: WoW, AoC, GW2, Vanguard, FF XIV, Neverwinter
    Playing: ESO

• nf4mousnf4mous Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by ReeseFlamelocks /sarcasm

some of the more recent large mmos have neither.  but maybe he shouldn't say anything at all . just to please you.

/sarcasm.

• VargurVargur Member CommonPosts: 143
    DAoC's melee sustem is the best I have played to date. Granted, I haven't played many of the newest releases, but DAoC reigns supreme compared to LoTRO, AoC, TSW, and GW2. There was some balancing issues, and hopefully CU will avoid the early reactional problems due to different swing speeds, but all in all good news.