Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For : One Piece Mmo

GrayZeeifyGrayZeeify Member Posts: 4

One Piece MMO Idea (A 3d Sandbox game)

Main Idea

Okay, Here's my Concept/Idea for a One Piece MMO, Whilst you may not be familiar with the One Piece world i can assure you it is a vast open world that could easily be transferred into an MMO. Lets start with the 4 main seas, The North Blue, The West Blue, The South Blue and of course the East Blue. You could create a character, not necessarily a Pirate - You could be a marine or even a Bounty Hunter (I'll talk about this idea later), It would be your choice as the player and you would start off in your choice of which sea you would start in. There would not be a level system, more of an Open world sandbox type of deal, where your 'Threat' level could be based off of the amount of 'Bounty' - as a pirate, or Reputation as a Marine or Bounty Hunter (Both could work for a Pirate and Bounty Hunter),  and the islands and ports could be explored freely. Also you would have a fully customisable ship, even as far as being able to create your own flag/banner on your ship, such as they do in the One Piece series, and obviously like pirates did. The customisation on your ship would also reach as far as your crews quaters, size of the ship, Captains quaters, amount of sails ect. There hasn't really been an MMO that really does this whole Pirate deal very well in the past, the only one i can think of is Uncharted waters, which you aren't even a Pirate in.

Combat

Naval Combat would be a big thing in the game, obviously and, i don't beleive that it has been properly acheived in any naval game before. My idea for this is very similair to the game 'Guns of Icarus' where you are free to walk around your ship in a battle situation and choose what to focus on, like manning the cannons, reparing the ship and of course steering the ship. If you were a Solo player you could hire 'crew' members to help you out in certain roles, you could set priorites for these crew members in the situation, but, say if you had your ship with friends you could play with them and be on the same ship and battling others (Whilst still having the option of additional A.I Crew members), The A.I crew would cost a monthly fee (Which would not be real time of course) for their services.

Other than Naval Combat, you would need Ranged and Melee Combat, which could  incorporate Devil-Fruit powers at the same time (Very hard to aquire). This type of combat could be more conventional, e.g. Similair to WoW, But i think that it would be far better in a Hack/slash sort of style, where you have combos to pull of, whilst still having certain skills. This type of Combat would be initiated on land or If you were boarding other ships or if you were being Boarded in turn. I also like the idea of having your ships physically showing the damage that they take, e.g. Holes in the ships during Naval Battles and on boarding, being able to break barrels and enemy's cannons and just the wooden bannisters on the ships.

Devil Fruits

Devil fruits is one of the main concepts of the One Piece series, and i feel could be incorporated quite easily into a MMO, No one would start with these devil fruit powers but they could find devil fruits throughout the world, Maybe on remote islands that are hard to get to or very well NPC Guarded areas. These devil fruit powers could be Unique ore there could be multiple, Whatever could make the game more balanced. (I would prefer Unique ones). Whilst these devil fruit powers would give an advantage to other players, there would be ways to defeat them as all Devil fruits have a weakness, e.g. Whilst Luffy's Rubber abilites can repel bullets and cannons they can't do anything to block swords/sharp objects because they can cut/pierce. And of Course one of the main disadvantages to Devil-fruit's the fact that after consuming one the person can't swim, (which could be bad in a naval battle where they couldnt swim after their ship is destroyed). 

Development

Like i previously said, I don't think that there should be levels only a bounty/reputation system which would distinguish the threat and experience of the other players. Other than these levels you would have skill development, which is seen quite often in new MMO's, advancing your skill with swords, or specific typre of guns to other things such as cannons or your ability to steer the ship, the more you get up these skills the more benifits you would get in that area. However, Im not sure if there should be a cap in the amount you can 'spec' into, like in 'Mortal Online' you only get a certain amount of total points for all skills, otherwise the balancing could just get ridiculous. Otherwise you could have 1000 in your swords abilities and also 1000 in say your gun abilites, which would be unbalanced, because it would mean you would be a overpowered god-type character. I still think this is a better system than if there where levels.

Now death - If you were to die, i don't think that your char should be dead for ever, but otherwise you just lose a fair amount of stats and you lose the majority of you bounty/rep. You would also respawn at the nearest friendly port/town for your 'class' (Like Pirate/marine/bounty Hunter's would have different friendly ports, Bounty hunters would be Neutral). Your ship would also be on say 25% of its max Durabilty And i dont think you should lose all of your money either, just a small amount. 

'Classes'

Pirate - This 'Class' would be just a general pirate, you would roam the seas taking out marine ships and fighting for a better reputation or bounty on your head and of course, Treasure! You could also pillage and loot towns of course as long as you have a sufficient strength to be able to complete the task. 

Marine - This 'Class' would be the lawbringer to the Pirate's and any rougue Bounty Hunters that don't know there place, you could take your share from any pirate ships that you sink and would increase you rank through the Marine rank-system starting from recruit and eventually, maybe working your way up to Luitenant's or Officer rank positions.

Bounty Hunters - The 'Class' that would usually travel Solo or in a small group, and would hunt down Pirate's for there Bounty that they have accumulated from travelling on the sea. You would cash in these bounties in the nearsest Ports/Towns at the marine office there (Or bounty office).

Well, thats pretty much it, i know that there are definatley some of the features/ideas that i have left out, i just couldn't think of it.

Comments

• JaffakeikJaffakeik Member Posts: 2
    Actualy there is already One piece mmo, called> pockie pirates< but if u not money user u cant win anything in there so basicly its waste of time.
  • GrayZeeifyGrayZeeify Member Posts: 4
    Yeah, I knew that there was already the Pockie Pirates MMO, But i was thinking more of a 3D Sandbox where you create your own char and ship...
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

uncharted waters online

voyage century

etc....

• GrayZeeifyGrayZeeify Member Posts: 4

I mean't something that was more based in the One Piece world, i did mention Uncharted Waters in the post, but you don't play as a pirate.

I would have wanted the art style more geard towards an Anime/Manga style, Possibly cell shading, im just saying that i think this would be an awesome idea.

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Wish something like that existed already. Basically that idea can be applied to every main shonen anime/manga out there...
  • zonjimasenzonjimasen Member UncommonPosts: 32

I think there's already a naval-based mmo, although its a lil more focused on trading routes/merchandises.(Uncharted Water Online).  Never played it, though I guess its like a watered(no pun inteded) down version of EVE. I havent played it, but a close friend of mine played it extensively and he did say it was fun overall.

Not exactly a game you can wish to be pirate-bounty hunter-naval officer thingie, but you can go rogue-like and plunder other;s trading ships/combat on sea/land. Never played EVE either, but it does sound like what you can do; mine/trade/combat, with few ganking here and there.

• SaitouX3SaitouX3 Member Posts: 14

Really wish there was such a game, one could be made by indie developers, the concept is great and the ideas are awesome.

and btw, another class could be a fisherman.

Hmm yeh, if the author of this topic could possibly pm me his skype :D

There are actually a lot of people who want this game made

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/426/266/973/support-the-making-of-a-one-piece-mmorpg/

Someone should totally make this game.
  • ZekeMVPZekeMVP Member Posts: 5

I'm down for it. Maybe player pirates can work their way up to becoming a Shishibukai. That or marine players can rise through the ranks and become admiral someday.

I like the idea of having original characters of the anime/manga to be incorporated as npc's maybe. Or even help or fight with them.

SUUUUUUUUUUPER!!!!!

I think someone might be starting this project.. 

http://www.moddb.com/games/one-piece-mmo

http://www.moddb.com/forum/thread/need-members-for-a-onepiece-based-game-pirate-game

Please read it if you're interested in playing a OnePiece game or helping in the make of it. 

• OfficialFlowOfficialFlow Member Posts: 111

all i can say is... damn bimbos taking over the internet. what about copyright issues? and this should be posted under game concepts or somewhere else

because there is no such mmo that blatantly copies some japanese show sure i guess there are games related to it and have a license but as far as i know there is no such mmo

the only thing one piece owns sthat is indifferent from anything normal is the devil fruits and the map.. devil fruit can be like godly fruit which should be turned into juice before being consumed or something like that.

Map is easy stuff.

I'm also helping in the writing of the game, you know story/quest and basic ideas about the game. so we are not copying the anime, we just basing the game on the anime.