Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R5 is a horrible company.

KittstarKittstar Member Posts: 1
The game Firefall is ok, but R5 the company is horrible. I bought warpaint for a frame thinking spending on the game was safe. Less than a month later they completely changed all the warframes around and put all the powers I had on my frame on another frame. When I complained about it they said I would have to spend more money if I wanted the warpaint on another frame and then they BANNED me from the forums and said I was trolling negatively. R5 is a shady game company and this game is nothing but a money grab. They're even using unethical methods of trying to get players to spend more money without ever adding any real content to the game.

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Hasn't this game been in a 6-7 year development stage ? It feels like 10 years. Doubt it will have any major success.
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

Wasn't going to play due to horrid framerate for such a simple game, but I appreciate the warning. Thanks for the info.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

All real money purchases for garage slots and purchases that were phased out in the last patch have been refunded. Warpaints explicitely state thaat they are single use only. Some of the frame art has changed but the warpaint is still valid so no refund. The OP needs to get a grip and I'm not surprised his whining arse was banned.

Don't play games that are in beta and then act surprised when there is a major change.

Red 5 have been upfront, honest and transparent about exactly what to expect.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• EinsamWulfEinsamWulf Member Posts: 69

I've seen a lot of negative comments on the forums and those people don't get banned. In fact the community manager and the COO/CEO are all fairely active on the forums. That being said I can't help but wonder if the OP is downplaying the comments he made. If you were banned then the thread was likely deleted so it's rather hard to prove one way of the other.

As others have stated the warpaints (which are super cheap) are one time use. Furthermore Red 5 is releasing Firefall free. No need to pay up front to play the game (once it hits release) so they need to make money somehow.

As for the long development cycle well they're a small company aiming for a triple A game, lots of work for a start up company to do.

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    EinsamWulf- Legionnaire of Terminus