Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CSM Skype Logs Leaked

Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Some one claiming to be a disgruntled, rogue, CSM has leaked their meeting Skype logs. I wonder how long it will take to catch them? The logs first appeared on 4Chan and have spread from there. I am not sure if I am allowed to directly link to the document here but nothing prohibits a broad discussion of the details now. It’s some rather interesting dirt if you’ve not googled it up for yourself yet.

The dirt includes: Cheating senior developers, in game player message intercepts, personal attacks on community blogs and the writers, what they really think on some key issues like null sec accessibility, how to talk two faced on an issue like POS by telling players one thing and doing another... It goes on. *Geesh*

A lot of people are concerned over what this kind of leak means for CCP and CSM relations as they have a history of covering up, going to ground with, anything that might threaten their image. If they can’t trust the CSM then what hope do they have of working together?

IDK what the fall out will be. But I honestly hope CCP stands up and tackles it all head on rather than stumping up and going quiet. One bad egg or meta-troll shouldn’t be allowed to ruin a good thing like this.

Comments

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

I found the files online and started to read them, and then fell asleep about a quarter of the way through.  Whatever incriminating evidence is in there, someone else is going to have to point it out to me.  All I saw was the usual chatter of the elite asshattery of EVE who believe that everyone else playing the game are just pawns to be moved around in their galaxy.

• krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Interesting. So CCP still has issues with integrity. About CSM though, it's three free trips to Iceland, right?
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

CCP caught the cheating with an audit and fired the senior developer that was doing it so as far as the cheating goes - this leak isn't all that earth shattering except to say that the system CCP put in place is working as intended.

This leak is actually a win for CCP with regards to the cheating.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by kreken
    Interesting. So CCP still has issues with integrity. About CSM though, it's three free trips to Iceland, right?

In the same way that your employer gives you a free chair to sit on, yes.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Three free trips to iceland but you have to endure the inane drivel that filled up that skype log.

When I saw the thread title I thought to myself "I guess we get a chance to take a peek behind the curtain", but instead of seeing the wizard of OZ pulling on levers and pushing buttons we get a bunch of chimps throwing feces at each other.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

An internal affairs PDF from CCP was provided that you can read HERE detailing the DEV cheating incident without providing names. Based on the time frame speculation is focused on a former CCP dev that left abruptly named CCP Diagoras. Based on the guys former connections in game it is speculated information was being forwarded to Goons but it could have been other groups as well so that one is still a toss up. The sharing of privileged information is the big one in my book. Like your name, address, email, etc.

I hope it wasn't Diagoras, because he was one of the few voices of sanity in the :18 months: period, and very proactive in providing stats and information for the players to study.

Anyway, whoever it was is gone, and we have definite proof that CCP do act against employees who cheat. So I guess I am OK with this.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well i never lioked this operation or the game from day 1 and yes i saw the original cheating to which i never beleived any discipline happened at all to that employee.

As to community relations,i think people must be extremely naive if they think developers listen to anything other than money.It took a lot of complaints and a lot of players leaving before a game i enjoy would take full scale action.

Cheating is so rampant through gaming across the entire scope of al lgaming,it woudl again be naive to not thin employees of games don't cheat.

This would definitely drive me from a game but i know how gamers are.They care more about losing their game pixels than the integrity of a game the developer running it.I have never trusted CCP,the ISK thing is an obvious dupe as rmt is spammed out of control in chat.If they really cared they could remove that easily with filters,so they obviously don't care and you can guess why.

It is too bad there is always a few bad apples under employment in all fields of work.it ruins it for others.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by Malcanis

In the same way that your employer gives you a free chair to sit on, yes.

In order for CSM's to contribute, they don't need to go three times to Iceland. There are plenty of other ways to communicate like video conferencing, emails and etc. About your comparison to my work chair, I think you forget that Eve is a game. Well, unless you are into RMT than, yeah, it is a job for you.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

they tackled it last year.

The dev is fired.

I should be more worried with CCP hiring Goon players and favoring them by refusing fixing content that currently favors them.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

What is this ?!! image

No doubt this shocking breach of player confidence will spell the end for CCP and EVE-Online. Everyone knows that there has never been a whisper of discontent from the EVE playerbase in the 11 years that the game has existed. It's a well-known fact that CCP is loved and revered by the players, who trust their benevolent guidance of EVE-affairs implicitly.

EVE-Online is often presented as a shining example of the great things that human communities can aspire to. It exemplifies the wonderful synergy that is achieved when a group of like-minded people all strive for a common goal. Even if that common goal is to kill each other...

How will this lovable group of rogues and ruffians be able to overcome the trauma of finding out that their very leaders (the CSM) are plotting and conniving to... er, well, are plotting and conniving !?

This will not end well, mark my words... image

Originally posted by Muke

The dev is fired.

I should be more worried with CCP hiring Goon players and favoring them by refusing fixing content that currently favors them.

You mean like the way that CCP just nerfed technetium again?

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

The dev is fired.

If CCP follows the ice route and throws technetium into depletable anomalies then I’ll belive you... ;)

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

The dev is fired.

Yeah, goons are real shivering on that note....

They have already cashed in on the tech debacle, as well as my alliance that held half of it for a year or so....They are still loaded to f*ck from that period.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"