Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance EP1 very good..EP2 really bad?

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I am sure everyone is watchign the series,i am not a big tv buffoon,but i still make a point to watch it.

I was a tad skeptical on weather i could make it through an episode,but so far i completely watched both.

I found 1 was pretty good all around,yes a few cheesy scripts here and there ,but not too bad and ended really well,with a big battle.

Episode 2 was just awful imo.There was no sci-fi element to it at all.basiclaly just those cheesy white robed people with their wigs lol.The script writing was also pretty bad,too many areas to list them all.

I am still interested in this series though,i just hope episode 3 is closer to EP1 than EP2.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    I fear defiance with its never ending drama is going down the same route as SG universe.
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Sorry bud. but Episode 1 was a pilot for a Science Fiction show which they pretty much treated as a made-for-tv-movie. You're not going to get that sort of "epicness" from every episode. I liked episode two just fine actually. It's not Breaking Bad, Justified, or Game of Thrones Quality tv, but I never assumed it would be. This is more like the old-school Sci-Fi shows with all the cheesy jokes and somewhat shoddy special effects and set pieces that go along with a series like this.

I like most of the characters so far, though not the biggest fan of the two wealthy families major plot point, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it and how they'll continue to flesh out the fiction. I think it fills the gap that Eureka left fairly well, though of course with less of a sense of humor.

• Riss1234Riss1234 Member Posts: 11
    I am planning to watch this but I always forgot it.  But based on your post it sound interesting,. Will review more about this...