Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a little review

Dynamic Quests & Events 

The dynamic quest and event system in Guild Wars 2 is by far its most interesting feature, and the reason I dedicate a whole section of this review to it is because it's simply inseperable from the game. It's the biggest draw to it, and at least for me, defines almost everything about its gameplay. It goes a long way to make Guild Wars 2 stand out from most other MMOs, which is something that's crucial for success in what has become a pretty tired genre. 

The easiest way to describe it is that, rather than receiving quests from NPCs with exclamation points above their heads, the game world simply has stuff going on in it at all times. Maybe there's an ongoing battle between two factions, with each of them taking and losing ground in an endless cycle. Maybe odd jobs around a town need doing. Maybe a hunting party is trying to make the world safer. Every region of the game world has at least 15-20 of these, and it's nearly impossible to avoid them. If you go without finding content too long, or pass by a certain location with an ongoing event, the game is friendly enough to even send an NPC to spread the word and take you to it.

Comments

• MeltdownZAMeltdownZA Member Posts: 15

It is a pretty cool system, but at the end of the day you're still just button mashing (as much as they market it that you're not) which makes most of the quests just pretty pointless to me. 

But the non-combat non-kill this, kill that quests can be cool.

monstertruckracingarenas.com

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Dynamic Events makes an mmo a single player game with others around you. It kills the social structure of an mmo.

Hay some like playing by them selfs !

• MeltdownZAMeltdownZA Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by delete5230

Dynamic Events makes an mmo a single player game with others around you. It kills the social structure of an mmo.

Hay some like playing by them selfs !

Agreed, I'd rather have a sandbox and the player's decide what sort of event or war they want to create.

I also like in a sandbox where GM made epic events take place, and then players have to band together and fight, this gives each event a much deeper meaning than just randomly created events.

monstertruckracingarenas.com

• CitorCitor Member Posts: 8

I like the system because whenever the event pops up and a quest even if you are late then other players are killing it you will still success in the quest once you join. You dont need to wait for the monster to spawn again and get new party to kill it. :)

• DruosDruos Member Posts: 11
    Then there are the character classes. ArenaNet felt that the need to compose groups of players according to the "holy trinity" of tanking, healing and damage-dealing roles was too great an obstacle to playing together, so it removed it entirely. Whether you're a spell-casting Mesmer or tough, armoured Guardian, you can heal yourself and others and stand toe-to-toe with any enemy in the game. This is perhaps Guild Wars 2's bravest move, and it's what enables the free-flowing ease with which the game's community can co-operate (including taking the pain and wait times out of forming a group for one of the game's five-player dungeons).