Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hoping for iconic hard to get items

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I'm hoping this game has iconic hard won items. Like EQ1 did in the early days. I am also hoping. They do not go the route of giving away gear like candy that every other MMO does these days. Bring the magic back to the magic items.  I was level 24 on my necro before I got my first set of  flowing black robes. A friend I gamed with fought hard for 2 months to get a full set of non magical. Bronze plate.  He was in his 30s before be got it all.  Games these days I don't even really know what I'm wearing on. Y character because every 30 minutes or so I am changing out gear. It's actually quite pathetic.

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I would love that too but sadly that will never happen..  Smed will try for the absolute largest amount of people possible and that's the everything now crowd.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Everyone looking the same is  not needed to make magical iconic weapons and gear just that. It's completely possible to allow players to attain nice looking mundane gear that all doesn't look the same. I for one hope that for the masses doesn't imply shallow. Lets pray your wrong on that one.
  • quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234

here here ! good idea i think there is room for both the   gimme now crowd and the lets call em  campers you dont have to camp x uber spell book of the damned but if you want that effect    which id  like to see oh at  25% better than the normal effect

Id like to see items that  likein diablo 3 alter the effect of spells and their look somewhat

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

do hope for this as well, though due to complainers, this will never happen again - mind though I aint talking about early EQ1, days/months of camping to get updates though.

but items that need more than just gather a group run some no matter instance...I am not playing EQnext for long if it is just becoming another "current EQ2/WoW"

• TheKrautTheKraut Member Posts: 48

Yes PLEASE.

I'm so tired of these games with the 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality. Make it hard to get. Add so many different items that many different class types rely on for different stats to where the possibilities are endless; there is no 'get that' setup.

Make some items HARD to get. Even if they're cosmetic or something like the halfling illusion mask people camped 100+ hours for just for the damn illusion and nothing else. Stop making games where things are instanced and everyone can get the same end reward for them; its crap. Even if its good, EVERYONE has it and it means nothing more than something along the way in progression.

I can still tell you what my bard in EQ1 had equipped when I retired because there was a story/grind/many hopeless attempts in obtaining the items. I couldnt tell you shit about anything I've looted/equipped in GW2, Defiance, WAR, LoTRO and countless other attempts. Why? Because I didn't work for them, I just got them like 95% of everyone else did.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Originally posted by TheKraut

Yes PLEASE.

I'm so tired of these games with the 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality. Make it hard to get. Add so many different items that many different class types rely on for different stats to where the possibilities are endless; there is no 'get that' setup.

Make some items HARD to get. Even if they're cosmetic or something like the halfling illusion mask people camped 100+ hours for just for the damn illusion and nothing else. Stop making games where things are instanced and everyone can get the same end reward for them; its crap. Even if its good, EVERYONE has it and it means nothing more than something along the way in progression.

I can still tell you what my bard in EQ1 had equipped when I retired because there was a story/grind/many hopeless attempts in obtaining the items. I couldnt tell you shit about anything I've looted/equipped in GW2, Defiance, WAR, LoTRO and countless other attempts. Why? Because I didn't work for them, I just got them like 95% of everyone else did.

x1000.

Really hoping this goes the original EQ way far more than the past serveral years one.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    I hope theres epic weapon quest they are so fun and rewarding.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

Well i guss i must be part of that niche crowd then. I want a game i hafta work hard to achieve the best things, why?

1. So i'll always have something to work forwerd to for years to come.

2. So i can play just one role and stand out among the crowd, ppl know im really good and experianced for my preferd role.

3. So i can be challenged and hafta figure out what setup to win. Every major fight should have a diffrent stratagy to win.

4. So i finally have a place i can call home for years to come.

I Never played eq, but i did play play ffxi for like 5 years from its 2003 launch. From what i read those 2 games sound very similur and i hope eq next turns out to be a fun and challenging group oriented game. Wish i got to experiance the eq golden days :(