Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy 11, is it worth it?

2»

Comments

• SamusicSamusic Member CommonPosts: 466
    It will be implemented, but I'm sure SE will take care to see that it's done well.

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613

I can find better mmorpgs that are better then this and usally same price or lower

You like other mmorpgs better? What is your least favorite part about it? Is there anything they could have done better? What job class are you?

• anastaiaanastaia Member Posts: 55

it is going to be way to expensive for the playstation 2

you are going to need:

a new harddrive for your ps2

a network adaptor

(option) Router

(option but clearly necciary) a keyboard

and a few other things

This totals to about $298image

if u think it is worth paying 298 bucks on a game for the ps2

(oh yea not and the montly and charater fee)image

you are nuts.image

just get it for the computer its WAYYYY Cheaper.image

broken, missing, lost.......

broken, missing, the torment of
    my soul...

• JhikanJhikan Member Posts: 26
    I'm just curious why the game even has an NDA.  It's already released in Japan so anyone could just translate it and tell you(not not just anyone, certainly not I).   Unless they changed some aspects of the story or changed how the game itself works.  If that's the case I just answered my own quesion but then again I'm rampling after being awake 30 hours.

-----------------------------------------

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, ash burzum-ishi krimbatul.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, ash burzum-ishi krimbatul.

I really hope there are no homosexuals on this board. If so, keep in mind that Shadowbaner does not represent this board. Anyway, it should help to ease the blow that the game and HDD are being packaged together for $99.

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Shadowbaner ran his mouth, it's covered now.  The entire package is good.  I like their thought on diversifying it to the consoles. So, thumbs up there!

-- STAFF

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• LexingtonLexington Member Posts: 73
    doesn't homosexual just mean "straight"?

• JhikanJhikan Member Posts: 26
    No, that's Heterosexual, but yeah, i caught another one of shadowbaner's post's, seems to be very negative and constany says the word "fag".  probably doesn't know it means bundle of sticks or cigarette butt

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I will be picking up FFXI for the PC. I've been playing the series since FFI, but with the most current versions (FFVIII~so-so, IX~was good, X~didn't hold my interest), I'm curious to see how it does in the realm of MMOs. Since the PC and PS2 versions will be using the same severs, the most logical choice for those who own both would be the PC. Burned out on SWG and E&B I'm willing to give FFIX a try.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• devincareydevincarey Member Posts: 11

howdy people, i'm new to the forums (been reading the site for about 6 months so i don't know why i havent posted earlier) i'm greatly anticipating this game and i wanted to get the ps2 version at first (something about playing on my bigscreen tv with a steady framerate and not having to worry about if my computer is good enough to play it or not) but when i found out the ps2 version is comming out much later than the pc version i changed my mind and decided to get the pc version.  Of course i have justified it in my mind so now i'm actually excited about getting the pc version and have been hit with the GOD I WANT THIS GAME!!!!!! bug.  I love how the 2 (pc and ps2) play together, it's a great idea and will get the servers much fuller that way (unlike stupid non-cross-platform sega and pso) i was also wondering if anyone in the beta can tell me how my system will stack up i got a 3900 on the benchmark v2.0 on low resolution and a 3100 on high resolution (both in the very strong pc catagory i believe) but i can't tell if that means i'll run the game without lag , so if anyone has a clue let me know (i'll post system specs in case someone might have an incling as to wether or not i'll play it decently)

Athlon xp 2600 cpu

Asus A7v600 mobo

Radeon 9600 PRO

512 megs ram (ddr pc 3200 400)

Cable Modem

logitec wheel mouse (i know it has nothing to do with performance but it's all shiney image...i like shiney

one other question: does anyone know if i could make like a blackmage/warrior and then later switch the blackmage to a summoner and the warrior to a samurai or something? or can i not have 2 advanced jobs, because a blackmage samurai would be nifty heheimage

You could do that, but it would be one of the most pointless job combinations I've seen. Black mage/warrior would just be bad because of a basic conflict of the jobs - much better to be a red mage. Summoner/samurai would be the bad combination I'm talking about. Besides the job conflict, every single ability that a samurai has is for building, storing, and gaining TP more quickly. As a summoner, you won't be attacking very much and as both of those job combinations you'd do very weak physical attacks to the point of pointlessness. Much better to pick a support job that augments the strengths of the main job.

P.S. Please us correct punctuation. The only part I read was the bottom note on your post. My eyes just glazed over when I saw the huge run-on sentance that you had written.

• JamkullJamkull Member UncommonPosts: 214

Hey Samusic,

Don't mean to bug ya with a dumb question, which may have been answered multiple times.. but nevertheless i'm trying to understand things right so as not to get disappointed down the road of playing.

But anyway, I was hoping to start out as a Redmage and later on get Samurai as my main class and keep redmage as my support class. 

I was just curious if that would work.. and if not, what is the best support class for a samurai, i'm figuring it probably is monk.. but i'm not 100% sure.

appreciate the help nonetheless.

- 65% Explorer
    - 10% PvPer
    - 40% Hunter
    - 45% Quester
    - 25% Socializer

• therock3000therock3000 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    i wouldnt get it, i rather get a xbox360 or ps3.. hell i dont even have no game system. all i have is a computer! a computer that can hardly run Counterstrike Source! image
  • RinicRinic Member Posts: 715
    necropost.

• jotukasjotukas Member Posts: 5
    Heh :P Good game :P I think good like L2.image

Be good and all will be good with you. Kill this who are stonger than you :D