Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could...

Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

transfer one item (weapon, spell, mount, armor set, skill) from one mmorpg you've played to a new mmorpg you're currently playing (or would like to play) what would it be? And of course when the item transferred over it would use the graphic style of the current mmorpg you're playing or would like to play. Personally If I could,  I'd take my:

From Earth and Beyond to EvE online and stealth kill all day long!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

stealth kills...with a rating of 1 for offense and defense? which means when you start attacking, you're found out and you get wtfpwnt when they start attacking you.

i would take paladin's bubble hearth ability from world of warcraft and take it to any pvp gank-centric game and use it to piss off max lvl noobs who go around killing lvl 10s

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Possibly one of the coolest skills I ever used / saw in an MMO was the "teleport" skill from Champions Online (yeah, go figure).

The first time I saw it was in the desert zone and I saw a character moving up and over a cliff face... It looked exactly like Nightcrawler.  I saw the character winking in and out as he moved...

Using the skill was also awesome.  It really had the X-Men / Superpower feel about it.

Putting that in any game might be Over Powered though.

Other than that - stealth skills.  Trap detection in DDO feels right too.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Just off the top of my head,I'd like to take my leaper mount in EQ2 and go to GW2 with it.That would be a blast leaping all over the landscape in GW2.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    LoL those would make some seriously funny moments. Especially if you had the Paladin's bubble in say...Planetside 2.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

If we're going for funny:

• Magic the Gathering's Wrath of God (kill all creatures) at the start of a WOW raid
    • Planetside's Magrider during a Darkfall siege
    And for genuinely awesome:
    • Bionic Commando's grappling-arm swinging in any fantasy MMO (my fondest grappling hook memories were actually from Quake 2 CTF, but I guess maybe Bionic Commando is the more familiar grapple?)
    • Many of the more dynamic abilities from LoL would make fantastic MMORPG abilities.  Like skillshots or Jarvan's Cataclysm (creates a circular wall that blocks movement)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by Axehilt

If we're going for funny:

• Magic the Gathering's Wrath of God (kill all creatures) at the start of a WOW raid
    • Planetside's Magrider during a Darkfall siege
    And for genuinely awesome:
    • Bionic Commando's grappling-arm swinging in any fantasy MMO (my fondest grappling hook memories were actually from Quake 2 CTF, but I guess maybe Bionic Commando is the more familiar grapple?)
    • Many of the more dynamic abilities from LoL would make fantastic MMORPG abilities.  Like skillshots or Jarvan's Cataclysm (creates a circular wall that blocks movement)

Hilarious! And I gotta admit, Bionic Commando's grappling arm would be like raining down hell in a multi-tiered PvP map like GW2.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

a cheap plastic immitation of the Amulet of Yendor.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

transfer one item (weapon, spell, mount, armor set, skill) from one mmorpg you've played to a new mmorpg you're currently playing (or would like to play) what would it be? 

My Progen Sentinel ;)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre