Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried the GW2 Demo !!

12346»

Comments

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

I have to say I disagree with you but that is because unlike you, I will not make a decision to purchase a game from a "review" done by a stranger on these forums. I do welcome their input though when it is a sincere opinion. But when you do a "review", it doesn't come across as a legitimate and unbiased opinion when you repeatedly white knight your own game while talking down another as shown by his early and last comments.  The OP comes across as a guy who got his feelings hurt by someone who was championing GW2 in a TSW forum and now feels the need to return the favor in some fashion all while looking for validation when he points out to us that he has suporters on this thread. There are some people that do not like the game and for whatever reason they feel the need to take jabs at the game everytime a negative thread is started. Some people just cannot move on. While I don't know the OP's post history, his post comes across as a bait so I won't bother directly replying to his opionions but I will say that he didn't just say the game was good or bad while listing it's features and faults and leaving it at that, he just states TSW is better. 

Ok you contradict yourself...you do not like a "review", but you are ok with input?  I am not talking about this guys review in particular, I mean everyone's opinions together.  If there are 100 review either positive or negative and they all say some of the stuff the same there might be a point.  If all 100 say combat is lacking then the combat might be lacking.  If the particulars in all the reviews start to be the same there is usually something to it. 

Not a contradiction at all. If you want to do a review, then do an honest review. If you want to take jabs at a game, then find a topic that allows you to express your opinion and move on because there is no need to start a thread with the intent to bait. If that wasn't his intent then we can all play ignorant to the fact that his wording was there to solicit a response. I never said I didn't like reviews either.. I only stated that I wouldn't base my decision to buy a game on a strangers review on this site due to the septic community this site seems to have. I do, however, enjoy peoples opinions when I can see they are voicing just an opinion and not taking a cheap shot at a game and it's community. I wasn't speaking for the majority, so you shouldn't either. Stick with what is written and not with what you think I wrote. I have more than my share of issues with the game he chose to compare it to yet you won't find me in a TSW thread stating how aweful I feel the game is. I have my opinions and don't feel the need to stir shit up. If you can't comprehend the difference then there is no need to respond anymore. We can just agree to disagree.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84

I swear for the life of me that Anet should put a disclaimer at the beginning area saying:

***Warning, to get the full effect of this game please do not  follow a structured path. Create a character and get lost for awhile. Wander around and explore things while you learn. You do not have to go from A to B to C. This game reaches its full potential when explored.***

I think this would clear up alot of things with new players.

Still playing since day 1, be it casually, but still having fun!

• senti02senti02 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    you dont need to play countless hours to get to the good part..thats GW2 dev said..so if he played it for couple of hours and he doesnt like it,its him..why waste time for the good part to come,and what if he get to lvl80 and still doesnt like it?thats his opinion dont get mad lol..btw im not saying GW2 is bad..got 3 lvl80 and hit the wall..thts it for me
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I love it when you go into a game already knowing you don't want to go into the game....

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Some will want to play it and love GW2, others don't. No need to be a zealot (either way) and try to convince others to see it your way.

Objectively there are some changes where you can say that GW2 tried to be different. But if these changes are large enough or even matter at all for you is all subjective.

So when someone explains why he/she doesn't like GW2, then leave it at that. It is no use trying to debate his opinion. He/she will still not like GW2 after that. Same the other way aruond ofc when someone does like GW2. I used to do it all the time tbh lol and I grow tired of it :p MMO's meh.

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84

Life must be really dull when you wait hours to download a trial for a game you've already made up your mind about long ago.

I'm not zealoting about GW2 btw.. but, I tried TSW at beta and hated it and didn't buy it. Never downloaded the trial afterward and also never went to a forum and complained about why I didn't like it. If I don't like a game. I leave it and don't look back. It's useless to spend time watching that games threads and comment about why it's bad. If I'm not playing it I'm not in its forums.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I had difficulty making it past character creation in TSW, I just couldn't bother putting out an in game effort for a character I starting off not liking. I guess that just proves that no game will suit everybody.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

So that guy played GW2 a couple of hours, we don't know what races/classes he tried, and he judges a game the size of a MMORPG based on that couple of hours played.

/facepalm...

At least give each class up to level 10 and each starter area a chance before judging the whole game. What would you say if I posted a TSW review based only on the intro sequence?

I thought Anet was advertising the game saying end game starts at level 1... What happen to that stuff they were talking?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

The game was worth a playthrough, 1-80, and a bit more, for me.  Not a great *MMO* by any means, but a good enough *game*.  It's main problem IMO was a lack of longevity / virtual world feeling.

That said, it's pretty obvious that the OP did not want to like the game to begin with and was seeking to validate his preconceived notions.  Not a worthwhile 'review'.

Furthermore, I recently purchased TSW.  The idea behind the game is something I *want* to like.  Modern day setting, skill based, etc.  I went into it pretty much expecting a single player, linear, story driven game.  It's only been a few days and I don't really have much desire to log in on a daily basis.  I'm hoping not to burn myself out so I can at least play through it once and get my money's worth. 

My opinion, neither GW2 nor TSW are really the next gen MMO the genre needs/wants. 

• JoxarJoxar Member Posts: 5
    I am not just a player who happens to be moving through a game that other players also enjoy. Instead, I am part of a community and part of a world that constantly reacts to my presence in it—even if some of those reactions are clearly on a loop. My urge to explore just for the sake of finding things is not only tolerated, but encouraged and for once, I am relishing the part of "massively multiplayer" that brings other players to my side.
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by DaezAster

To each his own, we all don't like the same exact things. My opinnion is opposite of the op but I could understand finding gw2 fluffy after playing tsw. I would suggest trying charr if havent, they have the grittyest stoylines, style and zones. Rest are very disney in terms of story. I personally finding other games feel lacking in mobollity and flow after gw2 combat but  I look for a more action/combo based system as apposed to a more strategy focused one. Class can also make or break the game ones enjoyment of the game so def give a few a try before judging and you might find one to your liking ;)

The races all kill each other in a pvp zone.  There's just too many games like this with no real sense of RPG in the MMO.  Developers are very lazy in this economy, going overboard to save money.  God forbid they create something that actually has real cultures instead of cosmetic nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.