Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar raiding and server size(s) ... return of contested raid targets ?

allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Does anyone know what size servers will be ? ( meaning # of players ? ) ... 

I am curious because if server sizes will be your typical MMO sizes ( approximate ) ... i.e. not what elder scrolls is doing... it would be great to see a game bring back contested raid targets... ( non-instants )

Of all my pvp and raiding life the best was Everquest2 raiding on PVP servers... it was incredibly fun..

Comments

• deviltheorydeviltheory Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by allegria

Does anyone know what size servers will be ? ( meaning # of players ? ) ... 

I am curious because if server sizes will be your typical MMO sizes ( approximate ) ... i.e. not what elder scrolls is doing... it would be great to see a game bring back contested raid targets... ( non-instants )

Of all my pvp and raiding life the best was Everquest2 raiding on PVP servers... it was incredibly fun..

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe they made an announcement yet regarding maximum server capacity.  Contested raid targets are great.  I loved how Rift did it, where you could basically summon raid bosses in the middle of the map almost anytime you wanted to (assuming you had the right item and the rift tear was up).  I was part of an awesome guild at the time and we were taking on one of these Raid Rifts when a defiant guild attacked us.  We managed to fend them off and hold back the raid boss with only a couple casualties.  The only thing that doesn't work with this system is smaller guilds, or solo players that rely on pugs have no real chance at them.  Otherwise, I love the idea and would be thrilled if they implemented it.