Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STAR WARS: Disney announces scheduled release for new trilogy and standalone films

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Can anyone say a Jar Jar Binks and Ewok journey?

In all seriousness, Disney can make a good film targeted at 13-20 years olds.  Disney probably won't get too deep into Star Wars lore, which will make the movies better.  Most recent Star Wars products before the Disney buyout have been too into the lore so there were times when the viewer goes, why is this happening?  Who are these people?  Keeping it simple, identifying the important characters, and avoiding the student of Darth Sourus who killed his own master and allied with the jedi to form a friendship with Yoda while maintaining peace of the intergalactic congress is a good thing.  Personally, I could care less about sub enemies backstories and the inner workings of congress.

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

*taps fingers together*

We meet again, Mr. Cleffy.

Man, OT has really changed.  Removing politics from it has transformed it from "terrible cesspit of focused human misery" to "mostly pointless depository of irrelevant banter," which is a pretty decent upgrade.  Oh, right.  Topic.

You have a good point there.  Part of the charm of the original films was the iconic nature of the characters.  They were accessible.  We got to know them.  The prequels had too many one-off characters who were only recognizable by, and only mattered to, lore nuts.

I'm not Mr. Nostalgia.  The original trilogy was released before I was born.  But here's my take: Disney's probably going to release films which aren't going to live up to the legendary cultural status of the originals, but I'm betting they'll probably be a heck of a lot better than the prequels.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I find Disney can make adult, grity, dark style of movies... I hope they go that path.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"