Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1/3 of my life

NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

lmao, i saw something slightly disturbing today. i looked at my total play time on eq2 and saw it at 33d 19h.
i've had the game for 113 days. thats means about 1 out of every 3 hours of the past 113 days of my life has been spent with EQ2 running and most of that actually playing it (some of that was back from when there wasnt offline selling). anyone else had this problem?

maybe i need to take a break......

well, maybe not. lol

im gonna go play now.::::06::

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

Comments

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Sadly, I do not have that problem right now....

I had to start working again, so I have to spend 1/3 of my life there.

Luckily it's only seasonal.  So I'll be back in full vegetable mode in only 5 1/2 months! image

Untill then it's 6-14 hours a day EVERY day....    image

Oh the pain....image

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

hmmm

1 out of every 3 hours for the past 113 days could officially be labeled as addition lol

You may wanna t ake a wee lil break

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• KnoxayKnoxay Member Posts: 98

I've got 56 days 5 hours played since release. I used to keep it running through the night and while I was in class before offline selling though, so I haven't actually "played" nearly that much.

But yeah this game rocks.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

ya a lot of my time logged was with my char just logged on selling, but thats still a lot of time IMO lol.

but im still addicted lol. they dont call it evercrack for nothin....

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

I have had the game for about 4 months and have played about 12 days I think. I just want to hit 50 by June or so.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Not a problem!  Unless you decide it is a problem.

1/3 is sleeping, so it leave 1/3 for the rest of your life, which is plenty!  image

Whatever make you happy without harming you, you should do...life is all about been happy!  image

If it start harming you(health, job, sweety half), then you need to reduce it, and if you cant reduce it, then it is addiction and you need professionnal support.  If you stop or reduce to make sure your life is not harmed, then it is all under control.  En1gma is a priest, soon he will say it is evil to have a computer!  *tease*

And if it help anyone feel better, in about 1 year I have 130-150 days played in old EQ...and I was never AFK during that time...and I stop as suddenly as I start it, which hopefully make a few SoE employees cry over me!  image  But they prolly didnt care about it!    The key factor is the control you have over it, can you stop for something you care or cant you?  Unlike alcoohol, it is a LOT easier to judge and keep track.  Someone that would say I am addicted, I will just tell them to motivate me better or to STFU about it!  image  Addiction mean there is something negative about it...if it is all positive, it is not an addiction, but motivation, and motivation, by definition, is under control!  Do you miss stuff you have rather do then play the game?  I doubt it.  Maybe you miss stuff you really didnt want to do in the first place, but that is only a lack of self assuming your decisions.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Sadly i spent 1/3 of my life at work ,preparing for work or getting to work.

I rather spent that time on games image

• fawdfawd Member Posts: 367
    wow
  • moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

"Waisted time enjoyed is not time waisted" or something like that.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

10 hours a week is all I spend on all of my games combined.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there