Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter + SweetFx Comparison Shots :)

13»

Comments

• kilyankilyan Member Posts: 6

guys my pic has not the settings applied, im doing screenshot with msi afterburner but maybe this version is buggy.

What can i use to show sweetfx applied? even stamp show the pics without sweetfx even if are on in that moment

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

I didn't happen to notice if there was anti-aliasing in the graphics settings, but if not that would be something nice to have added.  Otherwise, I have a similar opinion to some of the posts here.  It seems like the only real difference in the images was contrast and saturation.  It doesn't seem to get rid of fogginess, rather just over-emphasize the colors and light/dark.

I will have to try it myself to really see what it can do, but I usually trust the developers when it comes to the colors presented in a game.  I guess it's like looking at photos.  You can take a realistic shot, and run it through crazy filters to over-emphasize the colors.  It might make it more "vibrant", but it can also end up looking too unrealistic and easily over-saturated.

you have to look on the floor in the picture,you see the details you coulbn't see before because of that stupid fog.

R least in my settings where i use high values in sharpen

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Just got around to turning this on for Neverwinter... And again the injector proves a winner.

I dropped the saturation down from the stock setting, turned on HDR (I have Post Processing and Bloom off in game) and SMAA off (The AA in game is already great), and a couple other minor changes. What do I get?

I game that isn't as washed out, much better black levels.

A sharper game, totally notiecable and can't see how anyone would choose the more smeared look.

Win and Win!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by HorrorScope

Just got around to turning this on for Neverwinter... And again the injector proves a winner.

I dropped the saturation down from the stock setting, turned on HDR (I have Post Processing and Bloom off in game) and SMAA off (The AA in game is already great), and a couple other minor changes. What do I get?

I game that isn't as washed out, much better black levels.

A sharper game, totally notiecable and can't see how anyone would choose the more smeared look.

Win and Win!

agreed game looks way better.. really hate the washed out look so many games have these days... anyway glad sweetfx is working well for people:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

y hdr makes difference but costs around 10 fps

Not SweetFX related but a friendly tip for adjusting the camera. I put these in my character profile and then when I start up I copy/paste each line into chat and press enter, to initialize it.

/bind wheelminus "gfxsetdefaultfov 45"
    /bind wheelplus "gfxsetdefaultfov 80"

What it does, it zooms in/our out with your mouse wheel. The out view I like for outside quests or travel, the in view I like for dungeons, more up close and personal imersiveness.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Not SweetFX related but a friendly tip for adjusting the camera. I put these in my character profile and then when I start up I copy/paste each line into chat and press enter, to initialize it.

What it does, it zooms in/our out with your mouse wheel. The out view I like for outside quests or travel, the in view I like for dungeons, more up close and personal imersiveness.

thanks for the tip:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    You get same effect if you disable post-processing in game settings. Just saying.

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    You get same effect if you disable post-processing in game settings. Just saying.

You may say that but that isn't what I am seeing at all. I do disable PP in game and turn HDR on in Sweet, but there are other settings that add the crispness.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

just set the desired fov in the gameprefs file

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Rusque
    Regular looks better on all of them. High contrast + saturation doesn't always make something look better.

Good eye.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    might be me, but i couldnt really see any improvement in those pictures, just a slight change in the gamma ratio, perhaps it might have more of an effect in a different game? though to be honest i havent really seen anything that SweetFX does  yet that would encourage me to use it. image
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by wordiz
    Regular looks better on all of them. High contrast + saturation doesn't always make something look better.

Good eye.

I agree, at least someone round here understands how it works.image

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    It looks nice in the night time pictures, I think. Daytime pictures? Not so much. Wow, way way too much color.
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by wordiz

Good eye.

I agree, at least someone round here understands how it works.image

I can't say what the screens do or not, but just vanilla sweet it looks better then it off. Drop saturation down and turn on HDR and PP off in game and it's a no-brainer that Sweet looks better. If a screen shot can prove that or not, I don't know. But at 60 FPS it's simply sharper and better contrast. The game in general is slightly blurry with the textures. Perhaps I'll post some of my screens, but if it were debate in the screenshots, it's not live.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

ingame looks way better to me.. dark areas look better especially.. colors are so washed out without sweetfx

I have to say that though I prefer the sweetfx shots, I'm not sure they are "better". The regular shots don't look washed out but more balanced.

However, I do prefer the sharp contrast or saturated look. Heck, that's the enb I use in my skyrim game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Here's some screen shots with my adjusted Sweet FX:  (Rick click image to view full image)

This is a Vertical Split:  OFF|ON

photo 2.jpg

Again Split Vertically:

photo 5.jpg

Another Split:

photo 4.jpg

Final Split:

photo 3.jpg

Full Screen Before:

photo 6b.jpg

Full Screen After:

photo 6a.jpg

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Love the shots OP. I have not used SweetFX but i have several modes on my monitor that bring similar effects...

Saturation up and crank the bloom its very nice looking game... great shadows and lighting at night with sat/contrast up.

Some more before after, however when I shrink them to fit better here, it actually sharpens the pictures so the stock pic looks better and perhaps the enhanced now looks too sharp.

Point is when we post screen shots, things are lost or skewed. In it's native form in-game it's very noticeably improved. The larger the rez, the more improvement to the enhanced, the more the original looks washed out and dullish.

Before Shrunk:

photo GameClient2013-05-1418-42-41-82.jpg

After Shrunk:

photo GameClient2013-05-1418-42-45-13.jpg

Before Original:

photo GameClient2013-05-1418-42-41-82l.jpg

After Original:

photo GameClient2013-05-1418-42-45-13l.jpg

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

These are also mostly the people who will argue that 30fps and 60fps cant be detected by human eye.
    SweetFX does mae each game better if you have a good monitor and most importandly calibrated perfectly.

I use it on any game i play since i started using it :)