Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the expansion?

Is there anything really new and surprising in it?

How is the ballance now, PvP ballance? Tank and healer ballance inbetween the different specs?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

On the fourms it seems like a mixed bag. Lots of calls of 'DLC', and 'too short.' Also seems that it doesn't have enough content to cover the 5 new levels.

For cutscene enthusiasts it's apparently adequate.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    I Only Got To Play For A Short Time But Was Having A Good Time. I Am A Big Fan Of All The Achievements Kind Of Wish All The Things I Did In The Past Would Have Been Applied But It Was Nice Actually Running A Few Hm Fp All The Way Through To Get The Achievement.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I got just to level 51 yesterday, spent lots of time capturing videos though. I got covered 3 mesas out of 16 so far.  Not sure how many levels quests will cover, Dulfy said that there is enough quests to make it to 53.5 and then there are binocular and droid seeker quests which can cover everything else. There is plenty of repeatable quests there including heroics. 

I love the storyline so far:) pretty dramatic. There is a difinitely different feeling to this planet, sometime I feel like in LOTRO LOL, Hutts definitely have a good taste with gardening.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Honestly this should have been a content patch, and never been called an expansion, even the dungeons are just reused versions of older dungeons and the planet is the size of a zone in WOW :/

Oh well I wasnt expecting much anyways.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    What expansion? It's barely a content patch. 
    It does not have a cost of a full expansion as well. $9.99 is not much for what they delivered and it is definitely more then just content update in my opinion.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by ignore_me

On the fourms it seems like a mixed bag. Lots of calls of 'DLC', and 'too short.' Also seems that it doesn't have enough content to cover the 5 new levels.

For cutscene enthusiasts it's apparently adequate.

I am pretty sure OP is asking those who have played the new content update.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

For the most part it is really good. Makeb is a gorgeous planet and there is a lot to explore. The quests are well done and the mobs seem to be more alive. The only cutscenes I've ran into so far are for the main storyline. The side quests are on terminals and data pads so you don't get bogged down with too many cutscenes.  It's going to take awhile for me to play around with the new skills on all my characters and I haven't touched PVP yet,so I can't comment on balancing.I am happy with the changes to Merc. My BH hits a lot harder than he did before and with HK as a companion we tear through mobs. 

The biggest gripe for me is you start out one level behind on everything. Normally when you start a quest series the first mobs you kill are at least your level, but on Makeb they start at 51. I went through the first part of the questline until I saw 52s and stopped because I was still level 50. I'd advise anyone that wants to do Makeb to first finish any quests you might have on Voss ,Corellia or Ilum along with whatever dailies you like until you are at least level 51. There should have definetly been more side quests for us to do on the terminals because I did every side quest and every bonus along with the main storyline and was still level 50 when I hit those 52s. 

Another peeve of mine is nodes. Every node starts at 401 and you are only at 400. I've sent my companions on mission runs to get that next level but still can't ge my gathering to 401. I'm either missing something or it's a bug. 

Overall I'm happy with it. Keeping the cutscenes to the main storyline and side quests to the terminals or things you pick up  is the smart move. Making the cutscenes and dialogue different for each class helps keep it fresh. They just need to make sure that next time the quests are at the appropriate level and that there's enough to level all the way up. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I'm playing it and enjoying it but....

The original game had some bugs and problems and still does to this day.  The story was great and all. 

The Xpac has so many every where you look bugs and problems.  The Voice is a GIANT step down in many places, the cutscences I thought were a step down.  Watching some NPCs TRY to walk in formation and have to run to catch up every third step was silly...

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by ktanner3

For the most part it is really good. Makeb is a gorgeous planet and there is a lot to explore. The quests are well done and the mobs seem to be more alive. The only cutscenes I've ran into so far are for the main storyline. The side quests are on terminals and data pads so you don't get bogged down with too many cutscenes.  It's going to take awhile for me to play around with the new skills on all my characters and I haven't touched PVP yet,so I can't comment on balancing.I am happy with the changes to Merc. My BH hits a lot harder than he did before and with HK as a companion we tear through mobs. 

The biggest gripe for me is you start out one level behind on everything. Normally when you start a quest series the first mobs you kill are at least your level, but on Makeb they start at 51. I went through the first part of the questline until I saw 52s and stopped because I was still level 50. I'd advise anyone that wants to do Makeb to first finish any quests you might have on Voss ,Corellia or Ilum along with whatever dailies you like until you are at least level 51. There should have definetly been more side quests for us to do on the terminals because I did every side quest and every bonus along with the main storyline and was still level 50 when I hit those 52s. 

Another peeve of mine is nodes. Every node starts at 401 and you are only at 400. I've sent my companions on mission runs to get that next level but still can't ge my gathering to 401. I'm either missing something or it's a bug. 

Overall I'm happy with it. Keeping the cutscenes to the main storyline and side quests to the terminals or things you pick up  is the smart move. Making the cutscenes and dialogue different for each class helps keep it fresh. They just need to make sure that next time the quests are at the appropriate level and that there's enough to level all the way up. 

You have to go to the skill vendor and pay 10k credits in order to progress past 400.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I've progressed to 51. Really like the planet. This is definately more than a content patch, it's a true expansion.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

Originally posted by Ahnog

You have to go to the skill vendor and pay 10k credits in order to progress past 400.

I had no problem with any mobs being level 50... well... ok I run into this bunch of elites and strongs... once and got pwned... My marauder with Quinn as companion tears through everything with nice speed... getting much better when you reach level 51 and you get Dual Saber Throw.. man!!! this thing rocks... it's really AoE as it hits everything on the way, so when I throw it into bunch of mobs it hits them all... it slows them down 50% as well for 6 sec so it's great start ability....

I love the quests... today I am playing with buddy on Republic side... I am almost 52 on my Mara... no boosts just rest xp....

Thanks! It was driving me crazy last night trying to figure that out.. :)

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    I haven't done any pvp so I can't comment on that.  The pve is pretty good so far, with an interesting story and the new planet has a kind of a different vibe than the others.  Leveling does seem a bit fast as I was able to get to 51 last night without really trying, though I did have a full rested xp bar combined with a major xp boost.  My short term goal is to have my BH get his ghey freak on with the male Sith lord I've been able to flirt with.image

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

I had no problem with any mobs being level 50... well... ok I run into this bunch of elites and strongs... once and got pwned... My marauder with Quinn as companion tears through everything with nice speed... getting much better when you reach level 51 and you get Dual Saber Throw.. man!!! this thing rocks... it's really AoE as it hits everything on the way, so when I throw it into bunch of mobs it hits them all... it slows them down 50% as well for 6 sec so it's great start ability....

I love the quests... today I am playing with buddy on Republic side... I am almost 52 on my Mara... no boosts just rest xp....

I have had no problems as well with most of the mobs. And I am just using the free level 50 gear mods they give you from reaching level 50. There are a few more champions on patrol that can get you in a bad spot and you will die if you don't pay attention. Even had a boss mob wandering around that I didn't notice and just attacked. Didn't go well.

I like the flow better so far with the new planet. Most open world quests don't have a cutscene as said above, makes the story quest flow much better for me. Only completed the first two areas though to get to 51. Nice having new content, worth the 10 bucks IMO.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Thanks for all the replies, would there be any reason to buy the Xpansion before you reach 50?

And no answer yet on the ballance issues.. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Thanks for all the replies, would there be any reason to buy the Xpansion before you reach 50?

I think the expansion is mostly for people at 50.  I could be wrong, though.  Might want to check the official site for exact details.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

You get 2 things for 20/25$:

Makeb

ability to go to 55

so...no

Originally posted by Ginaz

I think the expansion is mostly for people at 50.  I could be wrong, though.  Might want to check the official site for exact details.

If you plan on playing with a character pass 50 then it would make sense to buy the upgrade. You get access to higher levels, higher acheivements, higher crafting, new heroics , newer content,newer gear and a new operation. Most of the players at the high end are now going to be level 55 and aren't going to care too much about level 50 stuff.