Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much of the UI/translation/etc has changed since Dec/Jan ish ?

DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

Tried the game in late Dec/Early January , and while I love the setting , the openness , the overall freedom compared to many current games , the clunky (at best ) UI and really , really rough translations/explanations just wore on me too much.

Not asking for perfection by any means , just curious in the past few months anything has been truly changed/worked on in this regards or is it basically same state as first of year with just bug fixes etc.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Menus, and fonts look a lot better. There use to be things like double daggers being called double stings in one place and double daggers another. All that stuff seems to be cleared up. 

I can't speak to quest dialog, I haven't did one in ages. Aero said they still suck, but that's Areo :p (a friend.). There is a lot more help through ingame guides than back in december aswell. 

Idk if it's perfect, but a lot has been improved.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

Thanks for the info.

Was very much waffling between going back and dabbling in either SWTOR or TSW until ESO or ArchAge launches , and hearing upon improved fonts/menus and little better in game help (not asking for handholding the whole way or anything ) defintely has me intrigued and considering going the AoW route instead.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    did they ever  fix blacklisting to actualy block spam?
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

not many things were changed its still the same poor translation

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by TribeofOne
    did they ever  fix blacklisting to actualy block spam?

someone answer my question or else!

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Yes, blacklisting works now but you can only have 40 people on it!  Progress, but still needs work.

UI changes are all over the place, it's getting better but it's missing the customization aspect I want.

Translations are far better, but there are still inconsistencies - recent patches have really targeted that specific issue.

Text is FAR better it was previously.

All in all, you can clearly tell progress is being made.