Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not enough information

BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345
I'm a Dragon's Prophet Founder, and without a game forum, I have no idea what's going on. I know the open beta starts this Friday, April 12, but I have no invite, no idea where to get the download. I'm very disappointed.

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Brynn
    I'm a Dragon's Prophet Founder, and without a game forum, I have no idea what's going on. I know the open beta starts this Friday, April 12, but I have no invite, no idea where to get the download. I'm very disappointed.

They said all Founders will be invited by the 12th. They're going in waves. SOE seems to be using Twitter a lot, so a good way to follow the game and the latest announcements is to watch https://twitter.com/dragons_prophet .

Here are the latest updates:

• VIPs will be followed by Priority keys, then general accounts, as fast as we can technically accommodate. Hang in there! [Brasse]
    • BETA UPDATE: Attention all VIPs! We have just learned that all VIPs will be in Beta by Friday Apr 12th - in time for the weekend!! [Brasse]

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

open beta does not start friday.. closed beta is going on now.. and very early closed beta at that.. if you got a pack you will get your invite by the 12th

http://www.twitch.tv/soe/c/2113170

has some good info on the game

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    There is no open beta starting this friday or anytime soon, the game is still in early closed beta. That's all i can say since there is an NDA in place. If you are a founder however they are trying to get all founders in before April 15th, and other VIPs in after that. Note that I said that they are trying but there is no guarantee however.
  • ThububThubub Member UncommonPosts: 62

There is an active EU forum.  They have staff answering questions there and quite a bit of information.  Here is the link:

http://www.dragonspropheteurope.com/forum/forum/32-dragons-prophet/

It isn't exactly the SOE info that you may want, but it is the same game and a lot of NA players post there as well.  Hope that helps.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

it really is a sad thing that SOE picked this game up, i wish some other publisher like trion had done so but o well

should at least be fun in the beta stages but thats all it can be unfortunately

hallo ~_~

• BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345
    Thanks for the information.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I agree that information on DP is kept to the minimum, which is kinda sad IMO.

About the download, when you get your invite from SOE, the download link will be included in the message. Hope to see you in-game soon ;-)

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

in order to play this game i need to buy new operation system. WTF.

Giving this on a miss.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by theoneandonly

in order to play this game i need to buy new operation system. WTF.

Giving this on a miss.

Haven't even looked at the OS requirements (running Win7 myself), but Mickey$oft will stop the support for XP a year from now. So it's time to start thinking about a new OS anyway ;-)