Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My favorite thing about GW2.

2»

Comments

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

Diversity.

You are not funneled to do "this one thing" in any part of the game but have large array of stuff to do, and game doesnt so 180 on you when you get to "endgame" (ok, until now you did quests some dungeons maybe or some PvP, but now, at engame go raid or die).

Combat is right along that, its best blend of action and RPG combat along with great variety of builds that can completely change how class plays, and im always looking for different builds and testing them out :)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,623
    The great combat, the background NPC chatter, the way the world feels alive in comparison to other MMOs released in recent years... the art style, nothing too shiny but still very beautiful.  And I like hitting things with a hammer.  Best MMO I've played since my early days in WoW: BC.  Probably the best I'll play for a while...
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

The game has really great graphics.

But sadly it couldn't keep me playing.

The lack of progression, and the forcing to use specific weapon skills from 1 to 80 got me bored.

Hated that I prefer greatsword look, but I hate the spells.

Not once has Anet begged for money ....my new standard for supporting and enjoying a game

• angrymimeangrymime Member Posts: 154

Traits and builds.

I have more than once come back to playing my thief or mesmer in WvW with a new build, gear, weaponset, with what resulted in an entirely different style of play.

I can't believe that this game has no subscription and that I can get extra char slots or any fluff items by just farming some gold then trading for gems.  I say farming but I actually have a huge surplus of gold with my multiple 80 chars and no desire for a legendary weapon.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I like how alt-friendly the game is (outside ascended gear).

There are A LOT of story lines pre-50.

Also, the guardian is my favorite class from any MMO.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 7,950
    Originally posted by Vorch

Aye, pre-50 the story lines are quite good and varied.

One of my very few negative points about the game is how the story becomes stale after 50.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

One of my very few negative points about the game is how the story becomes stale after 50.

Man people just HATE Trahearne, but I suppose every game, show, book, movie, etc. needs at least one universally hated character.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by MadDemon64

Man people just HATE Trahearne, but I suppose every game, show, book, movie, etc. needs at least one universally hated character.

I don't hate him personally, it's just that the storyline becomes less interesting, and more important, much less varied than before.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

I don't hate him personally, it's just that the storyline becomes less interesting, and more important, much less varied than before.

Yea, I think you're right.  The stories were much better when they were serious and humorous or just plain humorous.  Given the fan reactions to the stories of the previous holiday events, and compare that to the fan reactions of the story of the Super Adventure Box, it's fairly obvious that Arenanet is at their best when they are writing stuff that is funny.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 576
    My favorite thing currently about GW2 are the jumping puzzles.   There is a nice sense of satisfaction after completing a hard one successfully.  When I get pissed and yell out some cuss words and log off only to be logging back in ten minutes later to have another go I  know it's got it's teeth sunk into me. 
    Originally posted by bliss14
    My favorite thing currently about GW2 are the jumping puzzles.   There is a nice sense of satisfaction after completing a hard one successfully.  When I get pissed and yell out some cuss words and log off only to be logging back in ten minutes later to have another go I  know it's got it's teeth sunk into me. 

It's also worth mentionning that NO other MMORPG has its jumping mechanic so perfectly implemented as it is in GW2. A jumping puzzle in games like WoW or LOTRO would be a disaster, or would have to be dumbed down massively to fit the game movement mechanics. Even the old AC1, which had jumping as a character skill, didn't implement it as well as GW2 in my opinion.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,511
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

My favorite thing about GW2 is the ability to diversify. I LOVE being able to tank, drop back, ranged, move in, tank again.

In all MMOs I'm either ranged or jack of all trades. Almost every class in GW2 has a JOATs feel. I think they did a good job with the weapon/skill switching system.

Agreed!

The combat is the perfect blend of Tab Target and Action and is IMO the best combat in an MMO todate.  Sadly endgame is extremely lacking for me, was hoping for more but I still havn't found a reason to log in for more then a week.  Maybe in a few months I'll be able to check out the newest content.

Even though GW2 isnt a gear game it still needs way more skins.  My biggest problem is the open world drops are non nexistent.  Would love to see them drop the Magic Find stat and allow the high end gear to drop randomly.

Also the lack of meaningful post level cap advancement is sadly lacking, need somethign to spend all those skill points on.  I think it was a big mistake for the horizontal progression of your character to be completed by level 30.

Personally, I think they should start letting different skins drop from certain bosses. Like Champion Spiders drop some sort of Elite Spider skin and Ogre Champions drop some fugly hammer skin. Things like that.

This is not a game.

• PadieuPadieu Member Posts: 40
    That is why they got the Most Innovative Game Awards. No wonder, they really made an edge in thegaming industry.  So good job to Arenanet :) 

• miramira2miramira2 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Agree to this. I can never ever go back to the old way (tried t Lotro and Wow again but  I just cannot play like that any more)

The combat is the perfect blend of Tab Target and Action and is IMO the best combat in an MMO todate.  Sadly endgame is extremely lacking for me, was hoping for more but I still havn't found a reason to log in for more then a week.  Maybe in a few months I'll be able to check out the newest content.

Even though GW2 isnt a gear game it still needs way more skins.  My biggest problem is the open world drops are non nexistent.  Would love to see them drop the Magic Find stat and allow the high end gear to drop randomly.