Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The reason Wildstar looks like WoW

13»

Comments

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

To me, wildstar looks like wildstar.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • GarainisGarainis Member Posts: 12
    I would say that that it looks more like Disney/Pixar movies. Just because it`s cartoony doesn`t automatically mean it looks like WoW.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

OP may want to revise his post.

'some' of the devs from WoW are working on Wildstar. That's not as big of a deal as you might think when looking at the gaming industry. The gaming industry is getting smaller every year (just look at the studio closing), and devs quite often get shipped around from studio to studio or freelance.

If you're under the impression that the Wildstar is somehow WoW's dev team, that's a bit of an over-exaggeration, though undoubtably some of the game is influenced by some of the people who made WoW.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I don't care if it looks like wow. I didn't love wow's look but I didn't hate it. I care about how it plays. It's going to be similar to wow because all MMOs are on some lvl. From what I've seen so far it looks like it's going to be it's own game dispite taking some things from older mmos.

I want to play it before I judge it just another wow clone or not. People calling it that now don't know enough to be anything more that the typical forum hater.

To me it looks like a carbon copy of wow honestly, same combat system, same style of graphics. I just hope its not another mmo where you hit the lv cap in 2-3 days solo, I hope they make it a very group oriented mmo... though this is wishful thinking. I'd like it to be made where you can solo but its like much slower than solo, and have it so many of the activities(almost all) require a full party to be able to do it. I am personally tired of these singleplayer mmorpg's, There is no mmo aspect when you can solo thru most of the game.

On a bigger note: I hope they make raid gear actually worth getting, as in they put in non-raid activities that are rewarding and are diffcult enough where you need the raid gear to do them as well as a large party/raid (rift is an example). I also hope it has something like an Alternate advacement system ala EQ2, or the merit system from ff11, so there is a reason to log the char in other than raid day.

All I can say is if the game is too much like wow, it might end up like swtor, dead by the 3rd month

Are you retarded?

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    It looks like WoW and that's not a good thing at all.  My love for WoW has always been *despite* it's graphics.  The fact that we're talking about a new game that looks like another game that's almost 10 years old is pretty bad.

It doesn't look like WoW at all. Nothing at all.

1. Men in WoW don't have accentuated jaws

2. Women in Wildstar has big mouths

3. Men, women and elves in WoW actually looks manga-ish, whereas humans in Wildstar looks Disney-like cartoonly.

4. There is no hulking man that looks stoish or mean in WoW - there is only ugly hulking fat man like those undead beasts (in fact, that side of the art direction more similar to Anarchy Online than WoW).

So no, absolutely no similarity whatsoever.

If you gonna put all comic-like toon appearances games in one basket you might as well throw SWTOR, Scarlet Blade, GW2 all in the mix too - since technically they all look comical.

The only few that DON'T look comical are TSW, AoC and LoTRO.

• SushibarfSushibarf Member UncommonPosts: 14
    So Rift and GW2 look exactly the same then is what you are saying?

• TokenaruTokenaru Member Posts: 58
    I think it looks way better than WoW, im looking forward to this game.  I think Telegraphs in pve and pvp will make the game skill based which is somthing WoW desperatly lacks.  A popular phrase comes to mind when I think of this title, "I brought you into this world and I can take you out."  Who more fitting to take wow down than the ones who creatd it?  Exciting times ppl.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Looks or not I like the direction they are taking and love how they are doing the housing.  VERY cool and hope to get into beta sometime.
  • flameflame Member Posts: 31

I think people are mistaken graphics with the overall coloring, cause the graphics aren't  really wow-like... I think the colors of what we've seen so far bears a similarity to wow though (dominion startzone vs. the barrens), but that's not a bad thing and if that breaks the game for people then lol.

I'm looking forward to this title for sure.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    well i didnt think there still would be someone who just figured that out or people who didnt figure this out years ago. that carbine was created by resigned vanilla wow creators aswell as soe, ncsoft so on and so forth.
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

hopefully, this is wow in space, as swtor should have been

but im trying to lower my expectations,,player hype is bad

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I just hope it gets a lot more "open world" at some point

• GarainisGarainis Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

I just hope it gets a lot more "open world" at some point

It is as open as vanilla WoW was so no worries there.

• dorksmetaldorksmetal Member Posts: 77
    its more jak and daxter/ ratchet and clank to me. yes like a games made for little children. still going to play the crap out of it. 

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The history of the developers may explain how the game ended up looking so much like WoW, but it doesn't really explain why. Why would they decide to emulate the art style of a game that they knew would be roughly a decade old by the time they launched their own product? Adding to the confusion is the recent interview on the game engine, which they built from scratch for fear that the available pre-built engines would look too dated by the time the game was released. Why worry about having a cutting edge graphics engine if you are just going to push WoW-esque art through it?

After the first CGI trailer, I really hoped that the graphics style for the game would emulate early Dreamworks/Pixar CGI. Instead we get an art style of a game that looked out-dated ten years ago.

I want to like this game, but the decision to make it look like WoW in space has created a massive hurdle for the game to over come for me and apparently many others as well.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated