Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Housing

Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103

So know the gona add housing in the game. anyone that have any info about this? what kinda stuff you can do.

Cheers and thanks

Comments

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    nice with videos only understand english tough.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

At the begining of those videos you can see a Lalafell wondering around the housing zone in limsa, housing will be tradable or you can give it away to your loved ones.  You can create furniture for your house, you can obtain trophies to hang on your wall, Somewhere in the video he shows you a mountable head of Shiva ( I think it was), housing will cost gil to buy, no prices have been released but rumours amongst players expect the cheapest to cost around 3 mil gil upwards, there will also be free company housing for your linkshell.  Plots of land will also be available to buy, gardening will also be implimented.

Housing will be in the first major update.

Cheers thanks mate :)
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

I found this from an older newsletter from the producer and thought of this thread you made.

[0:59:26]
    Q: Can you explain housing in more detail?

A: The image that we just showed was concept art for the Limsa Lominsa housing area. We’ve been working on mock-ups, and you can see a dummy house right here. This house is just a placeholder we’re using to check house sizes and such, and it’s not an actual design. In this picture, you can see a wider view of the same area. There are several areas where players can build houses, and a large open area. Basically, there will be three different types of housing areas areas: desert, forest, and sea. Here we have the concept art for the forest housing area. This isn’t finalized, of course. We’ll publish more information as soon as we can.

Players will first choose an area they prefer and then purchase land there. Kind of like “I like this spot!” Once they purchase the land with gil at the signboard, players will buy the right to build a house there. 

Once players have constructed a basic house, they can open a special housing widget to browse and purchase housing materials, such as roofing. You could also commission crafters to build roofing, which could then be equipped, in a sense, onto your house to change its external appearance. You can even hang tapestries on your walls. So that’s basically how you can change your house. 

The yard… I shouldn’t show anymore actually… As I mentioned previously, houses will also have yards where you can place objects. For example, if you place a chocobo stable in your yard, you will be able to raise several chocobos there. 

There will be updates dedicated specifically to the housing system. Content won’t end with a single release; we plan to introduce new features, such as additional ways to play with your yard. Additionally, players will be able to drag and drop objects within their house easily, in both the PC and PS3 versions. We’re working hard to create a very flexible system.

Houses can be used as headquarters for linkshells and Free Companies, and they can eventually be expanded to allow individual rooms. To prevent disputes over land, housing areas will be instanced. After the maximum number of houses are sold in one instance, players will be asked to purchase land in a different one. More instances will be added as necessary.

Also, land will be available in small, medium, and large sizes. Certain structures will require huge tracts of land to build.

We should be able to provide more details near the conclusion of the Beta Test.

Source:-

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/55280-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-III-Q-A-Summary-%2809-27-2012%29

• VymmVymm Member Posts: 112

The huge tracts of land required to build certain structures definetly has some intrigue to it all.  I know I enjoy housing in the games I play as both a symbolic sign of long standing character development and just another way to make yourself known.  Do they have a real time line for the high end stuff?

Vymm

Cheers :)