Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Duping/exploiting still in?

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

If they could detect cheaters before I have no doubt they'll be able to in DFUW. After all wasn't it you or Hancakes who claimed the coding is the same ;)

Oh please every game will have hackers and exploiters. Everyone has welcomed this tougher stance.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Greymoor

If they could detect cheaters before I have no doubt they'll be able to in DFUW. After all wasn't it you or Hancakes who claimed the coding is the same ;)

Oh please every game will have hackers and exploiters. Everyone has welcomed this tougher stance.

I hope it will work this time since DF1 was a disaster when it comes to exploiting/cheating.

Wall of Shame is a good move but not a sollution, i also hope they have enough staff to detect cheaters ingame and a easy report channel players can use to report found ingame cheaters. Waiting a day to react is not good enough since the cheater will be long gone.

When i played UO gamemasters arrived 5 minutes after i sent a report in, thats how it should work.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Oh please, they only detected the dumb ones! You speak of detection, yet hacking/exploits were an issue up to the day DF1 closed. 

They could start by doing something about the commercially available 3rd party hacks that have been available since DF1 released.  Must games don't need a Wall of Shame due the the projected magnitude of the cheating.  

• tincup2013tincup2013 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Hancakes

If they could detect cheaters before I have no doubt they'll be able to in DFUW. After all wasn't it you or Hancakes who claimed the coding is the same ;) Oh please every game will have hackers and exploiters. Everyone has welcomed this tougher stance.

Oh please, they only detected the dumb ones!

They could start by doing something about the commercially available 3rd party hacks that have been available since DF1 released.  Must games don't need a Wall of Shame due the the projected magnitude of the cheating.  

spot on there. Sites had working hacks up til the game shut down... not a good sign....
    To be honest I'm certain people were capable of using less obvious hacks but the same goes for other games. It's only slightly worse in a game like DF1/DFUW because it's a competitive game. Lets hope they find a way to detect any hacks.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    To be honest I'm certain people were capable of using less obvious hacks but the same goes for other games. It's only slightly worse in a game like DF1/DFUW because it's a competitive game. Lets hope they find a way to detect any hacks.

It's a competitive game, aye.  A competitive game in which there are now classes, prowess points instead of just using skills to level, and everyone looks the same.  I still can't believe they took such good potential from DF1 and made it into this generic poop-fest.

Originally posted by jdlamson75

It's a competitive game, aye.  A competitive game in which there are now classes, prowess points instead of just using skills to level, and everyone looks the same.  I still can't believe they took such good potential from DF1 and made it into this generic poop-fest.

Prowess system was the best thing they've ever done, you're in an extremely small minority if you don't prefer this to firing 125,000 arrows at a bugged mob to level. Played all day yesterday, the game is pretty good just needs some combat fixes which apprently they're working on and more content.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?360845-April-2-Skirmisher-feedback-request-Cheating-policies

"On another topic and to give you some insight on what's happening around Aventurine, today we had a discussion on cheating, exploiting etc. In Darkfall Online while we banned more than a couple of thousand accounts we detected cheating, we never revealed names. We made a decision today to be brutal where it comes to cheating and do it "wall of shame" style, no exceptions and no appeals, besides the banning of all associated accounts, we will post the character names - we don't care if it's the account of a leader of the largest Alliance in the game with thousands of players associated with it - he should have known better. Darkfall Unholy Wars is a competitive game and we cannot be lenient with anyone trying to cheat their fellow players. We would like to hear what you think."

Seems they want to do it right this time.

What a joke!!!  The Wall of Shame only goes to show AV knows hacking and exploiting will be an issue, so this is their answer? This is going to do nothing to deter anyone, plus its a reactive approach. If AV could properly secure and police their game it wouldnt be needed.

If banning wasn't a deterant, you think putting the name of an alt on some silly list is going to make any difference?

LOL!!!

[mod edit] even SoE with all their resources cannot stop cheaters, but AV did a pretty good job in the end with DF1.

Originally posted by SysFail

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?360845-April-2-Skirmisher-feedback-request-Cheating-policies

"On another topic and to give you some insight on what's happening around Aventurine, today we had a discussion on cheating, exploiting etc. In Darkfall Online while we banned more than a couple of thousand accounts we detected cheating, we never revealed names. We made a decision today to be brutal where it comes to cheating and do it "wall of shame" style, no exceptions and no appeals, besides the banning of all associated accounts, we will post the character names - we don't care if it's the account of a leader of the largest Alliance in the game with thousands of players associated with it - he should have known better. Darkfall Unholy Wars is a competitive game and we cannot be lenient with anyone trying to cheat their fellow players. We would like to hear what you think."

What a joke!!!  The Wall of Shame only goes to show AV knows hacking and exploiting will be an issue, so this is their answer? This is going to do nothing to deter anyone, plus its a reactive approach. If AV could properly secure and police their game it wouldnt be needed.

If banning wasn't a deterant, you think putting the name of an alt on some silly list is going to make any difference?

LOL!!!

[mod edit] even SoE with all their resources cannot stop cheaters, but AV did a pretty good job in the end with DF1.

And how do you know they did a pretty good job? Do you have some sort of insight?

They didnt do anything towards cheaters in the first 6 months and some claim Aventurine even cooperated with the worst cheaters we saw in DF1, the Mercs.

http://i.imgur.com/J5dH1.png

Wasnt it a bit odd that that duped boat the Mercs used to harass players with also ended up as a promotion of DF sea warfare here on MMORPG.com. It sure was good advertisment for Aventurine and i'm sure they were eager to get some promotions out, just sad that so many other fair players had to experience fighting a guild full of cheaters.

• tincup2013tincup2013 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Aragon100

LOL!!!

And how do you know they did a pretty good job? Do you have some sort of insight?

They didnt do anything towards cheaters in the first 6 months and some claim Aventurine even cooperated with the worst cheaters we saw in DF1, the Mercs.

Wasnt it a bit odd that that duped boat the Mercs used to harass players with also ended up as a promotion of DF sea warfare here on MMORPG.com. It sure was good advertisment for Aventurine and i'm sure they were eager to get some promotions out, just sad that so many other fair players had to experience fighting a guild full of cheaters.

Yep - exactly what happened...  Not to mention there is a guy named "Doc" who seems to be a dev that did some shady things helping out clans....

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

LOL!!!

Yes i played the game, being part of a large clan i saw it all, its only dicks like yourself that continue to think otherwise...

This geezer is showing nothing, i had friends that got banned for using hacks, my god... it just shows how bad some players were  that they continue to try to diss this game, Cetra being a big whore who knew fuck all about combat, but knew how to macro heal mount lol...

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

Still going to be an issue at launch....  Blatant speed hacking still takes place in beta - so why are they still allowed in the beta?  One would think AV would be testing their supposed "anti cheat" technology on the beta server also...  Sorry but that is not a good sign at all.

Remember this was all "internally tested at AV and an Asian team" yet somehow the persistence bug eluded them all and was not discovered til the 11th hour right before launch... Not to mention AV themselves keep introducing these dupes every time they patch the last few times...

People wonder why some folks are worried about dungeons being put in live after ONLY being "internally tested"....

Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Still going to be an issue at launch....  Blatant speed hacking still takes place in beta - so why are they still allowed in the beta?  One would think AV would be testing their supposed "anti cheat" technology on the beta server also...  Sorry but that is not a good sign at all.

Remember this was all "internally tested at AV and an Asian team" yet somehow the persistence bug eluded them all and was not discovered til the 11th hour right before launch... Not to mention AV themselves keep introducing these dupes every time they patch the last few times...

People wonder why some folks are worried about dungeons being put in live after ONLY being "internally tested"....

I don't see why AV would 'act' on the hackers in the beta. It'd be more wise to use the data gained to have a good detection system introduced at launch, thus giving hackers no chance to work around the anti-cheat w/o having accounts banned first.

Although there have been no hackusation threads or hack threads for a very long time in the beta forums which can only be a positive. We know how fast people are to post it all on the forums. (Real or just outskilled)

LOL!!!

A good job? You must be joking !!  AV did nothing to address the 3rd party hacks that plagued the game it's entire life.  I came back to DF1 for the free play prior to it shutting down and was welcomed back by the same hacks that caused me to quit before,

Although there have been no hackusation threads or hack threads for a very long time in the beta forums which can only be a positive. We know how fast people are to post it all on the forums. (Real or just outskilled)

That couldn't have anything to do with the game and forum populations being so low and people frankly just not caring anymore?

btw , i wouldnt consider a month ago being a" very long " time in a 5 month beta.   Keep spinning image

LOL!!!

Yes i played the game, being part of a large clan i saw it all, its only dicks like yourself that continue to think otherwise...

This geezer is showing nothing, i had friends that got banned for using hacks, my god... it just shows how bad some players were  that they continue to try to diss this game, Cetra being a big whore who knew fuck all about combat, but knew how to macro heal mount lol...

So you mean i should take your word for it? 

I mean who are you? Aventurine employee?

And try to act a bit more mature next time kiddo.

LOL!!!

So you mean i should take your word for it? 

I mean who are you? Aventurine employee?

And try to act a bit more mature next time kiddo.

The mere fact that they posted where AV stated they banned "thousands" of hackers in DF1 says all you need to know...  The game only had a few thousand players period.  Shows how rampant the hacking was and was still going on til they took the server down.  You and Hancakes are correct - they should be VERY worried about all the exploiting/cheating come day 1....

Old dupes coming back together with loads of players taking advantage of them is not opening up for a fair game.

Add loads of content needed to be added after release and you will have most likely nothing but a cheater heaven.

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178

I don't see why AV would 'act' on the hackers in the beta. It'd be more wise to use the data gained to have a good detection system introduced at launch, thus giving hackers no chance to work around the anti-cheat w/o having accounts banned first.

Some people don't like to playtest against others who are using duped gear and items against them.

Aventurine let beta testers keep the stuff they duped from a week or so back.

Old dupes coming back together with loads of players taking advantage of them is not opening up for a fair game.

Add loads of content needed to be added after release and you will have most likely nothing but a cheater heaven.

Yup - they are launching all sorts of stuff supposedly after launch without using any sort of test server for players to test it on and find bugs.....

Yup - they are launching all sorts of stuff supposedly after launch without using any sort of test server for players to test it on and find bugs.....

Who wants to bet they'll have to wipe after release?  3-4 required wipes to add new features during beta and they still have a mountain of things to add/finish post launch. 

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

The point being you could macro fishing for different tiles lets say but then...

1.) Tile could be empty

2.) You could get ganked

3.) Diminishing returns will quickly bring your prowess gain down to almost nothing

You could do this macro all night and then wake up in the morning and get same amount of Prowess from PvEing for 10 minutes.

This would also have to be a complex macro that knows where to go to each fishing spot w/o hitting objects/mobs/people.

So no you can't macro prowess up.

You can also make a dig macro and cook the potatoes you dig up, however in the time frame of cooking those said potatos you could of gotten 3-5 times more prowess killing mobs. so yeah not realy worth it unless ur short on food haha (also takes gold to cook which is somewhat scarce.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by furidiam

Hum if they release dungeons there were always spots where you could macro. If the prestige comes from killing mobs, it should be easy to macro. Hopefully they removed clan lock boxes so the entrances are not blocked off:)

The dunguens we have seen the corridors are much larger than DF1 dunguens so you cant block them off with a lock box even if they were in the game.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    I still don't understand. What is this hall of shame?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    I still don't understand. What is this hall of shame?

A never-seen, untested, unimplemented idea by Tasos to ban - and then name and shame cheaters, hackers & exploiters.

It will be working perfectly on launch - so there will be no need to spend development resources fixing the exploits.

This discussion has been closed.