Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Duping/exploiting still in?

Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Played DF1 and duping/exploiting ruined that game for me and many others.

A simple question - have Aventurine fixed these issues or will it be a repeat of first game where cheaters got lightyears ahead of the fair players? Both skills and rescources.

And what is Aventurine pollicy towards cheaters? Will they act towards them or do just about nothing as they did in DF1? The Mercs is a good example of Aventurine doing nothing.

Comments

• SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    they said they are going to have a "wall of shame", but in regards to how they are going to catch/prevent im not sure?
  • MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by Aragon100

A simple question - have Aventurine fixed these issues or will it be a repeat of first game where cheaters got lightyears ahead of the fair players? Both skills and rescources.

And what is Aventurine pollicy towards cheaters? Will they act towards them or do just about nothing as they did in DF1? The Mercs is a good example of Aventurine doing nothing.

During the beta there were many dupes and exploits that made it through with most patches. Many of them the SAME from DF1. With so many features being added after release, you can be assured it weill be a mess.

Some players claim to still be able to crash the server and perform other more game-breaking exploits,

Since DF:UW is designed specifically for large guilds, you can understand why Ripper (and other Mercs who are financially invested into this game) are doing what they have been doing the past 9 months.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

You can't macro or exploit mobs to get ahead, prowess is the new system to level up now.

Lets see how this wall of shame turns out though :)

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75

Just a short time ago when they finally added the Primalist to the game there were persistence issues with prowess points, followed by a "fix" that introduced a short duping problem that spread very quickly.

You can bet that every time they patch in features or even make small patches, there is a good chance it will also introduce more dupes. You can almost bet that your character's persistence is also very questionable.

• tincup2013tincup2013 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by MMO_Fan

During the beta there were many dupes and exploits that made it through with most patches. Many of them the SAME from DF1. With so many features being added after release, you can be assured it weill be a mess.

Some players claim to still be able to crash the server and perform other more game-breaking exploits,

Since DF:UW is designed specifically for large guilds, you can understand why Ripper (and other Mercs who are financially invested into this game) are doing what they have been doing the past 9 months.

What should be scary is they are going to put the dungeons and other stuff in the game after only doing "internal testing" which we saw how the internal testing missed the persistence bug until the 11th hour before launch...

* What have Ripper and Mercs been doing the past 9 months?

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Greymoor

You can't macro or exploit mobs to get ahead, prowess is the new system to level up now.

You can still macro prowess, nice try!

The wall of shame only shows how exploitable the game is.  AV knows the level of hacking/exploiting that will ensue, thus their "fix" is the WALL of SHAME! Another bonehead move on thier part in my opinion.

Originally posted by Hancakes

You can still macro prowess, nice try!

The wall of shame only shows how exploitable the game is.  AV knows the level of hacking/exploiting that will ensue, thus their "fix" is the WALL of SHAME! Another bonehead move on thier part in my opinion.

Go on then, care to explain how you macro prowess?

A simple question - have Aventurine fixed these issues or will it be a repeat of first game where cheaters got

No they haven't, in fact there was a new dupe less than 2 weeks ago.   I'm sure other exploits will come to light shortly after release, after those in the know are done using them.

Please do explain Hancakes :) You must have knowledge no one else does!

Umm the dupe was common knowledge and reported in the beta forums. Funny how you think things dont exists because you are unaware,

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?360306-Dupe!

Care to explain how such an avid fan routinely misses these issues which have well documented in the beta forums?

Care to explain how such an avid fan routinely misses these issues which have well documented in the beta forums?

There's no 'documented' ways in the beta forums to macro up a character with the new prowess system. If you knew you'd just come out and say it.

And posting about fixed dupes as if they were still in ? Okay.

There's no 'documented' ways in the beta forums to macro up a character with the new prowess system. If you knew you'd just come out and say it.

You seem to be missing the point, the duped items weren't purged and the fact they patched in another dupe just 3 weeks before release.  How do you not see that as a problem??? imageAs stated above , other exploits wil come to light after people have finished using them. 

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    There were a couple of dupe bugs however all the known one atm seems to be fixed.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

You seem to be missing the point, the duped items weren't purged and the fact they patched in another dupe just 3 weeks before release.  How do you not see that as a problem .   As stated above , other exploits wil come to light after people have finished using them. 

Well no need to purge items during a beta, also they wiped the server after each of the major dupes were fixed aswell so they did get rid of them in the end. Wall of shame may deteur people from using and explotes that show up in the future aswell but we wil lsee.

Originally posted by sanshi44
    There were a couple of dupe bugs however all the known one atm seems to be fixed.

All the publicly known ...  Anyway, new ones keep popping during patching and release is 10 days away.     AV has no method to correct any future dupes that surface on the live server. Sure, they'll fix them when that can, but the damage will be done. 

You've dodged the macroing question.

Not at all, I have no intention of helping you out.

Funny how you seem so concerned, yet claim to "know" it isn't possible. 

Helping me? I'm just calling out BS when I see it :) By all means i'd eat my words if people started finding ways to macro prowess but so far that's not happened. I suppose that's mainly down to diminishing returns and the need to kill mobs for prowess.

Helping me? I'm just calling out BS when I see it :) By all means i'd eat my words if people started finding ways to macro prowess but so far that's not happened. I suppose that's mainly down to diminishing returns and the need to kill mobs for prowess.

I seem to remember you saying you couldn't macro on mobs, yet AV released a patch to address that exact issue some time later.

You shouldn't  be so quick to discredit things just because you don't know how it's done.  I'm not  sure why you assume I care what you believe. 

I seem to remember you saying you couldn't macro on mobs, yet AV released a patch to address that exact issue some time later.

You shouldn't  be so quick to discredit things just because you don't know how it's done.  I'm not  sure why you assume I care what you believe. 

No I said the new prowess system would mean you can't macro on mobs to skill up. You can't. I distinctly remember you saying that the prowess system change won't fix macroing but it did.

It's not really my belief if the entire beta forums all agree you can't effectively macro a character up anymore. The new prowess system was thought out very well.

No I said the new prowess system would mean you can't macro on mobs to skill up. You can't. I distinctly remember you saying that the prowess system change won't fix macroing but it did.

It's not really my belief if the entire beta forums all agree you can't effectively macro a character up anymore. The new prowess system was thought out very well.

Thanks for finally coming clean in that regard, as it is clearly possible.(contrary to your previous statements)  

Any gains made while AFK is a definite advantage, while not optimal.

In regards to the first part...You get prowess from mobs-->you macro'd mobs for prowess-> spend prowess to skill up  What didnt you understand?

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Thanks for finally coming clean in that regard, as it is clearly possible.(contrary to your previous statements)  

Any gains made while AFK is a definate advantage, while not optimal.

Even if we still had the hungry macro'ers, having a macro'd advantage with the role system would merely give more options, rather than an outright advantage, but it isn't, its UW and it's no longer necessary to worry about these issues.

Originally posted by SysFail
    O

Any gains made while AFK is a definite advantage, while not optimal.

Even if we still had the hungry macro'ers, having a macro'd advantage with the role system would merely give more options, rather than an outright advantage, but it isn't, its UW and it's no longer necessary to worry about these issues.

So why is everyone so excited about getting 50K free prowess if it doesnt matter? image   Saying prowess doent give you an advantage is laughable. Did you really just say that?

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by SysFail
    O

Any gains made while AFK is a definate advantage, while not optimal.

So why is everyone so excited about getting 50K free prowess if it doesnt matter? image   Saying prowess doent give you an advantage is laughable. Did you really just say that?

Its so players can test a variety of roles at once, rather than focusing on a single role which has been the case so far and mostly for those that are waiting for launch. You do realize that most peek into a beta, rather than putting in the effort that they will once the game goes live... 

This discussion has been closed.