Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super Adventure Box!

13»

Comments

  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf
    They have already ruined the game's art direction, so getting uptight over super adventure box is moot at this point. They were already pushing it with unicorn rainbow long bows and 70s disco weapons, but the additional items and skins added to the game already says they dont take the setting, lore and art direction seriously. At this point its just a whatever they want kind of game, no visual immersion needed. The user experience they want to give now is more of a joke and cheap gameplay mechanics than anything else. I feel bad for the writers and artist that actually took the game and its setting seriously.

    image...*Leaves earth.*

     

    Best response possible.....

     

    image

  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 183

    Lol and who the fuck takes games seriously? They suppose to give fun. Only miserable ppl take games seriously ;)

     

    I have a blast since 28th of August, and now with Super Duper Adventure Box it's even greater :). Stop taking games so seriously, stop blabbering about immerse and shitty stuff like that, just have smile on Your face and be happy...There are to much sad ppl on this planet.

  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 7,362
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    lol cant resist, what did blizzard do with April Fools day this year, bet it was amazing considering the hundreds of millions they get in subs... :P

    I know you're being sarcastic, but it needs to be pointed out that Blizzard's April Fools Day jokes, while somewhat amusing, are nothing compared to the effort ANet puts in.  Half the time, it's just something on battle.net.  In fact, I don't know if they've ever done anything in-game.  Certainly not created an entire 80's-esque commercial and an old school style dungeon, complete with weapon skins.  Shame on you, Blizzard.  Then again, since Ghostcrawler took over, the entire game seems lazier in general.

    The zerg's freaking out was pretty funny though.

    When was the last time you played WoW? Just curious?

    Blizzard never did, anything for April's Fool day in game - and still didn't do it this year. It's always some stuff on the web site, and nothing more.

    The easter event is something totally different and unrelated to April 1st.

    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

    Speaking as a CG artist...

    I dunno what kind of CG art you're doing, but if you are always dead serious, it must be dead boring.

    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 8700k (4.70ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf
    Originally posted by L0C0Man
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf
    They have already ruined the game's art direction, so getting uptight over super adventure box is moot at this point. They were already pushing it with unicorn rainbow long bows and 70s disco weapons, but the additional items and skins added to the game already says they dont take the setting, lore and art direction seriously. At this point its just a whatever they want kind of game, no visual immersion needed. The user experience they want to give now is more of a joke and cheap gameplay mechanics than anything else. I feel bad for the writers and artist that actually took the game and its setting seriously.

    I don't know, the super weapon skins to me look exactly like the kind of things Asuras would do, personally I see them as fitting the current lore of the game more than the moot (the disco ball mace), for example, or the dreamer (the unicorn bow).

     

    I'm used to seeing a lot of people complain about WoW or insult it for that matter when it comes to over the top armor and weapons which glow. Honestly GW2 beat them in that department and now any skin and armor piece is not really restricted by the art direction. The universe has been dumbed out to the extent where "fun" and gag graphics are part of the game world. It leaves the impression anything can happen.

     

     

    Oh man, you are so close to getting it, all you need is acceptance. Yes, anything can happen! This is not, nor was it ever, an MMO restricted in the realm of pure, hardcore fantasy. Even GW1 had bits of extra-fantasy items in them. Look at the very language itself... simple, good ol' U.S. style English. No odd accents, no archaicisms, modern language. Yes, they're kinda sorta fantasy based, but not restrained by such concepts. There's wild techonologies and magics all colliding in ways left only to the imagination. I mean, c'mon... there are dragons eating the worlds magic and we're combating them from powered airships with cannons and mega-lasers!

     

    THAT is the reall acceptance that leads to "immersion" in GW2. Anything can happen.

    Oderint, dum metuant.

  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 883
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    lol cant resist, what did blizzard do with April Fools day this year, bet it was amazing considering the hundreds of millions they get in subs... :P

    I know you're being sarcastic, but it needs to be pointed out that Blizzard's April Fools Day jokes, while somewhat amusing, are nothing compared to the effort ANet puts in.  Half the time, it's just something on battle.net.  In fact, I don't know if they've ever done anything in-game.  Certainly not created an entire 80's-esque commercial and an old school style dungeon, complete with weapon skins.  Shame on you, Blizzard.  Then again, since Ghostcrawler took over, the entire game seems lazier in general.

    The zerg's freaking out was pretty funny though.

    When was the last time you played WoW? Just curious?

    Blizzard never did, anything for April's Fool day in game - and still didn't do it this year. It's always some stuff on the web site, and nothing more.

    The easter event is something totally different and unrelated to April 1st.

    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

    Speaking as a CG artist...

    I dunno what kind of CG art you're doing, but if you are always dead serious, it must be dead boring.

    I wasn't saying that they did. Why do you just assume such things? I was asking because of the last sentence. WoW is a lot of things, but the last expansion and patches show that they are anything but lazy. I just find it humorous that people are posting on games they haven't played in over a year like they know everything.

    James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

  • DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

    A friend and I finished 3 tiers/levels of it. It actually gets fairly challenging.

     

    It's honestly quite a quality piece of gaming and if it were sold on STEAM or something, I bet it could've made a pretty penny.

     

    Though I doubt it will stay in game past April, I do hop it becomes a yearly event that people will look forward to, as well as the other stuff such as the Halloween events.

    image

    Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

    BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 7,362
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

    I wasn't saying that they did. Why do you just assume such things? I was asking because of the last sentence. WoW is a lot of things, but the last expansion and patches show that they are anything but lazy. I just find it humorous that people are posting on games they haven't played in over a year like they know everything.

    I'd post you a screenshot with my two active WoW accounts, but then I don't have anything to prove to random strangers on a forum. Quite funny that you accuse me of assumptions, since that's exactly what you are doing. Pot, kettle, black?

    Pandaria is, in my book, the worst WoW expansion to date, even worse than cataclysm. Content wise, you only have one path to max level now, one area per level range, which already reeks lazyness. They dumbed down the character development to the level of a retarded 5 years old kid facerolling his keyboard. They ruined some classes, not performance wise mind you, I'm only talking about "fun to play" here. The PvP grind is still as awful as ever despite the changes which were supposed to make newcoming characters more competitive against geared ones.

    To make it short, they kept most of the previous crap, and added more crap on top of it, while also dumbing down the game even more and ruining classes. Worst expansion ever.

    And before you ask, I keep my accounts up because of my real life friends who are still playing, and because Blizzard has not totally ruined my Death Knight yet, unlike my poor feral Druid.

    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 8700k (4.70ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

  • EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 730
    Originally posted by DeaconX
    A friend and I finished 3 tiers/levels of it. It actually gets fairly challenging.   It's honestly quite a quality piece of gaming and if it were sold on STEAM or something, I bet it could've made a pretty penny.   Though I doubt it will stay in game past April, I do hop it becomes a yearly event that people will look forward to, as well as the other stuff such as the Halloween events.

    They said they want to work further on it, like add the remaining worlds (currently t's only worold 1 with 3 zones and a preview of world 2 first zone), more skins, etc. So I expect it to return at some point. 

  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I was pretty darn impressed with it. Took my son (6) through it on "Infantile" mode while my Wife joined guildmates on a run through normal mode. SAB was a couple of hours of pure fun. Really cool addition.

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,334
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

    I wasn't saying that they did. Why do you just assume such things? I was asking because of the last sentence. WoW is a lot of things, but the last expansion and patches show that they are anything but lazy. I just find it humorous that people are posting on games they haven't played in over a year like they know everything.

    I'd post you a screenshot with my two active WoW accounts, but then I don't have anything to prove to random strangers on a forum. Quite funny that you accuse me of assumptions, since that's exactly what you are doing. Pot, kettle, black?

    Pandaria is, in my book, the worse WoW expansion to date, even worse than cataclysm. Content wise, you only have one path to max level now, one area per level range, which already reeks lazyness. They dumbed down the character development to the level of a retarded 5 years old kid facerolling his keyboard. They ruined some classes, not performance wise mind you, I'm only talking about "fun to play" here. The PvP grind is still as awful as ever despite the changes which were supposed to make newcoming characters more competitive against geared ones.

    To make it short, they kept most of the previous crap, and added more crap on top of it, while also dumbing down the game even more and ruining classes. Worst expansion ever.

    And before you ask, I keep my accounts up because of my real life friends who are still playing, and because Blizzard has not totally ruined my Death Knight yet, unlike my poor feral Druid.

    LOL, Yeah. I played GW2 on 8/25 for a month. Then on an absolute last second whim, I decided against better judgement and ordered MoP. Leveled a new Monk to 68 and parked it in Northrend. Lost interest. Went back and pulled my 80 pally out of retirement and proceded to level to 90. After taking one toon through the leveling process that Cata and MoP offered, At the ding of 90, i was out in some field somewhere near a fallen hollowed tree covered bridge when I turned in the final quest to the ding of 90. I hadn't even yet set foot in the last zone. Right there on teh "YAY! I CAPPED" ding, I said nothing in guild chat. I simply logged off right there where I stood. Closed WoW, opend Battlenet and canceled my account. I've never looked back. There was also some Rift in there for a month too after they released SL, but that didn't really hold me either.  Now, I am back with  GW2.

Sign In or Register to comment.