Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Populated Partying/PvE focused MUD?

Peco115Peco115 Member UncommonPosts: 31

Hello all,

just want to start off by saying thanks for reading and any replies in advance.

With the current trend of MMO's we have been getting recently i am pretty bored with most of them. Have tried all from WoW to AoC to LoTRO.

I want to try my hand at at a MuD, i have played DR (Dragonrealms) in bits for the last 10 years but havent really been able sink my teeth into properly. The reason for this is that it is mostly a soloing game, i know partying is encouraged and it is viable but the battles can be done mostly solo.  I do love everything about DR except for this one little problem. 

I am looking for the type of MuD that is similar to DR with the races/classes available, the combat also being the same or similar but with viable invasions/raids/dungeon parrty that is done by group play. 

I hope this makes and i hope there is a MuD out there like this.

Thanks Again.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    gemstone IV is still around I used to play that one years ago.. i also heard Aardwolf i good.. honestly though been so long since i played any MUD.. looking around i was very surprised this site was still going :) http://www.mudconnect.com/top10.html

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I think we all go through a "im tired of MMOs and looking for a MUD" phase......I had mine about a eyar ago but I never found a MUD that I liked much better......It seems that even though the list is long most of them had major gamebreaking elements in them.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Anything IronRealms is pretty heavy PvE, with complex PvPer, and a few interesting quests each area(along with the normal kill everything).    Well managed, active developement, and similar...  Just demonstrate the worst of the worst of F2P mechanics, but you do have the ability to buy credits from other players(which you could say is worse depending on your personality).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."