Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could import ONE AND ONLY ONE class to CU from DAoC....which would it be?

13»

Comments

• infuzorinfuzor Member Posts: 17
    ranger
  • SensaiSensai Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by Painlezz

No matter what they do, they cannot bring back the same casting mechanics... 100% interrupt on casters is just no fun at all.  I remember playing Wizard back in the day.  We didn't know better really so it was ok, but imagine trying to play a caster where any damage from any source interrupts your cast every single time?

Why exactly is that?  Certainly the game will be designed according to Mark's and others vision, but if this is truly a throwback mmorpg meant for a niche of classic mmorpg gamers, then I think 100% interupt (subject to limited utilities quickcast, possibly MoC, etc.) is mandatory.  Without the hard interupt code, the challenge of the game would be dumbed down.  I remember how stressful and painful the hard interupt system was, but I still would prefer it over any system that allows a caster to cast spells while a melee toon is slashing, thrusting, or crushing him with a weapon every 1.3 seconds.  I believe the point of this game is to get away with the gearfest nonsense that is every other mmorpg on the market and have a game that is more skill and strategy based.

As for the topic, I would have to save Theurgist as well.  While it was not one of the classes I played the most, I think it is one of the most unique classes in any game and would love to see a modern take on it.

• BelkBelk Member Posts: 7
    Didn't get the chance to play it a lot, but the Valewalker was really original. The scyte styles were so weird, but so cool !
  • Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Member Posts: 397
    Zerker/merc/blademaster

I can't believe warlocks are mentioned puke

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked

• TheConsequentTheConsequent Member Posts: 51
    +1 for Animist. Especially before pet cap. Good times.

• EaderbrecaEaderbreca MMORPG.com StreamerMember Posts: 44
    Enchanter, clearly.

(¯`v?¯) Sophie Breca (?.•?¯`•?.•*?¯`•*
    `*.?.*? Streamer at MMORPG.com
    (\__/)?.•?.•* DAoC PC Staff?)?.•*?)
    (="."=) (?.•? twitter.com/SophieBreca (?.•?
    (")_(")youtube.com/user/sophiebreca
    facebook.com/user/eaderbreca

• binskkibinskki Member CommonPosts: 153

Very tough choice.  Maybe my sweet balanced Pac Healer...very popular wherever she went. Decent heals, buffs for everyone, and oh, that lovely CC.  :)

I also loved my Scout...you still had a decent chance if someone managed to run up on you with that shield slam.

DOH, that's two.  And all my other old DAoC toons are clamoring for attention, so I had better end the post quick, pfft.

• hawkrylhawkryl Member Posts: 24
    Ranger ...hands down.  Having played on a server with a low Hib. population it was nice not having to have a group all the time.

• zekuelzekuel Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Necromancer. I know this class had alot of bugs and pathing pet problems but it was so unique. I hated the class at first but it grew to be my favorite for pvp. I also loved the utility before all the power pots and fonts got crazy with endless power options. It really took alot of group utility away from necro but at the same time alot of the Toa gear did improve damage greatly for the necro. The class is the most unique and best attempt at a necro out of any games that I have played. Actually controlling pet cast was sweet. I would like to see them expand on this class even further though.
  • OdamanOdaman Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Savage or theurg
  • Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    Althought I wasn't a tree hugging hibby, the Animist was the most fun class I have ever played in RvR hands down.  Beyond that, I'd have to say Minstrel!

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• binskkibinskki Member CommonPosts: 153

Now my first-love eentsy-teensy luri ranger is pissed off at me, lol.   Yes, yes, I know you worked your fingers off at that damn lathe for me.  Yes, I was the one who rolled a tiny toon and put every copper I made leveling into crafting so that you had to run around dressed in random grey crap, and I made you walk instead of taking horses because it was cheaper and you could kill stuff for crappy drops along the way. 

Ok, you've got me - I loved you more than my scout, but you did die a heck of a lot more easily.  ;)

• ArnfiarnunnArnfiarnunn Member UncommonPosts: 61

Healer!

Skald, Theurgist, Thane and Warden are right behind :)

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264
    None