Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help choosing a class

I have really hard time choosing a class so I would like to ask some help from mmorpg.com.

I like to be able to solo and be a good class in a group also. I like dishing out nice damage. I don't want a class that needs a hardcore strategy and I wouldn't like to have a class that changes it's role on different skills builds.

Also, if it's possible, could you post some guides too?

Comments

• First of all, in Which realm you want to play?

for Midgard i will suggest you Berserker

for Hibernia it would be , Hero, BladeMaster!

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

It doesn't matter what realm really :)

But could you post some guide of hero or blademaster?

• there is a Blademaster one :

http://www.classesofcamelot.com/misc/ClassGuides/blademaster1.asp

a Berserker Guide:

http://members.aon.at/kharon/berserker.htm ( you need to Highlight the Text to be able to see it, dont know why :S)

as for Hero, the Guide that i Knew dont Work :S sry ^^;!

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

ok for MID: go with BoneDancer

HIB: HERO,ENCH

ALB: SORC,WIZY<CABLIST<spelled it wrong but you will know what i am talking about when you see it haha>

i say go with MID:BoneDance   

• Never Really Played Mid, How those Bonedancer Look like?

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

They are the best soloers in the game, having up to 4 pets. They don't fair well in PvP, though. You can get to lvl 50 in 2 weeks if you choose a BD.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• ShadadShadad Member Posts: 33

only toons except mid I know are hib-make a vamp.

on mid ive had - 50healer/shammy/thane/skald/warrior/zerker/rm/sm/ - and lower level sb's/hunters

as for easy solo PvE/RvR, and nice group help PvE/RvR, a cave aug shammy works very nice, you get good kill skills PvE&RvR, good buffs ( for your self and to hand out ) and depending on spec a lil mend to help out, you can do decent damage, take good damage - i/e you get chain & buffs = nice hp's-, im on my 2nd sham now I love it I can do well in rvr and have soloed about all my lvl's, am 42 now and have played about 1.5 months on it ( most of that time in  thid and molvik ) the leveling is pretty easy solo as you can bait mobs nicly with endo buff and dot spell ) and when you want a group its not to hard as theres always someone out there that would love buffs and are ok with base heals.

• Grumble69Grumble69 Member Posts: 3

There's not a universal answer to this. If there was, Mythic would have nerfed them by now to encourage diversity in other classes.

My advice to new players coming to the game with this type of question is to choose a caster (any caster). They are by far the *cheapest* classes to equip. Also, power regenerates at a much faster rate than HPs. They generally solo well (and can be played in a group) and can dish out high damage. And I could pretty much play them naked if funds were tight.

Personally I would stay away from BDs. They're not gimped by any means. But the pets have some extremely bad pathing issues and their AI can be funky at times. You just about can't whip them out in a dungeon so you may find that it crimps a portion of the game to you. They've been despised by enemy realms in the past with their ability to take down an opponent 1-on-1. And I think due to this reason, Mythic won't ever fix the bugs in the BD class since it would probably encourage more people to start them up.

• MunkyMoMunkyMo Member Posts: 2

if u want somthing that solos well.. BD in mid solos well.. Vamp in hib solos well... i never played alb.. hate that realm...

But only problem is. Classes that solo well dont really get into to many rvr groups. :-( my poor poor vamp have to solo him to get any RPs.. but if u want a challenging class try a healer or a druid.. a well played druid or healer is very forfilling.. :-) matter of fact i play a druid on MLF. fun class alot of ways to spec them and they are always in need of more druids.

• MemnomDuathMemnomDuath Member Posts: 6

For Hibernia I would Do A Mana Eldritch cause they both solo well and are liked in grps or a blademaster or vampiir are good

For Midgard I Like the bonedancer and Shadowblade

And I dont like albion

In my opinion Hib Is the funest realm to play and mid has the most powerful classes and alb just sucks

but if you want a harder class to play i would try a hib nightshade or animist

A really Fun class to play is a light spec'd menty there harder to lvl but can solo extremly well in PvP or PvE because of their ability to charm pets above their level 

• lewllewl Member Posts: 86

Lol .. none of the previous posters like alb.

Alb has a nice PvE tank the Palidin. Thats the class I started with. If you decide to play a tanks just make sure you keep upgrading your weapon as soon as you can. You want higher DPS .. damage per second.

One proablem is after you level up a tank you might find RvR at the high levels kinda boring without range.

All tanks high damage / high armor are : Warior, Hero, armsman

light tanks higher damage/ less armore : Zerkers, savage., blademasters, mercs, maybe add vamp in here too.. reavers ..

hybred tanks: Champ (Debufs), paladin (group enhancements), thane (castable range spells)

Archers: Ranger (some enhancment spells), Scout (most dmg & rng), hunter (gets pet, & spear)

Asassin are kind hard to play becuase you have to know how to tweek your skills out. I think they're pretty darn fun to play though.

Cabbies are Dot's with a pet, kinda ahrd to play but fun when you get the chance, thuergist can rock when you play em right, sorcer get CC and pet and fun to play after you get the hang of them. wizards you can be a pbae (Ice wiz a CC eather wiz or a DD fire wiz) Ice wiz seems like it be kinda hard to solo but fun if you can make it to rvr.

Chanters have great PBAE plus castable pet. Kinda hard to learn how to solo just right but once you figure out you can level like mad. Mentals get a pet good DD and CC spells. Pretty fun but not easy at first. 

Speeders are Bards (healer,buffer/speeder), minis (rouge/speeder) and skalds (fighter/speeder)

Mini's are tough to play well but u can be uber . bards are kinda hard and so are skald, you have to learn how to switch you wepons and intruments back and forth, but all real fun in rvr if you get that far.

shoot I haven't even talked about runies healers and spiritmaster warlocks druids clerics .. So many choices. I think Ive tried rolling everything except hertic .. ?

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I just started playing again after 2 years off. My account was successfully reactivated and my toons are still here!

I have a lvl 40 kobold skald, lvl 35 troll zerker and a lvl 25 friar. Now im in the process of trying out the new races/classes. out of all these posts i haven't seen anyone mention the Valewalker. now i hear they arent all that great but im in the process of lvling one up and im having a really good time doing so.

bottom line. play around with a few classes u think u might like up to lvl 10 to get a feel...and go from there.

Joined - July 2004

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    playing a Bonedancer bothered me a lot,  I ended up quitting one when I got to level 30.  It became a "one button" class.  The only spell I seem to ever need to kill stuff was the instant-cast lifetap that did crazy damage and had like a 4 sec recast time.  All the other spells are pretty trivial compared to that Instant-cast one.  And on the pet issue, they aren't as powerful as one might at first think to be.  YOur main pet, the commander, is 7/8th your level (if I remember correctly), all other pets are just 3/4th your level...so those weaker pets become green rather fast...and get killed rather quickly when facing orange, red, and purple mobs. 
  • lewllewl Member Posts: 86

I played a BD. Then someone showed me how to take on two OJs at once.

You DoT one and attack it with your pet .. the the other one you tank yourself and life drain it.

Need to RvR with the BD to get MoC otherwise you are waiting around for power all the time.

If you plave conservatively though you should DoT and then debuf until the Mob is under half and then life drain him.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

here use this:

http://daoc.catacombs.com

Joined - July 2004