Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most immersive world/community?

2»

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by bmiles510

GW2 isn't immersive to me at all.  I feel like I'm playing an MMO easter egg hunt with a map that perfectly shows me where they all are.

Here's a thought... leave the map closed. Pick a direction and go that way. GW2 is the first non-sandbox world I've personally gone into where the content came to me. Great game all around.

Of course, the one prior to GW2 that had content come to me was Eve Online, but that usually was fatal for someone. For a more raw, sandboxy feeling you can't beat Eve. However, GW2 is an amazing game in it's own rights. Besides, Super Adventure Box!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,838
    Lineage II: Chronicle 1
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    EVE Online's null sec gameplay.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I've never been more drawn into an MMO world than I have with GW2.  
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

For lore, immersion and a mature community really supportive of players, lore and immersion, you won't find a game better than LOTRO.

It is a themepark game but the environmental art is excellent and almost the entire world is explorable to everyone (except Moria). Much of the community is comprised of casual players who are far more into the journey than the goal.

Good luck in your search.

• Helspar06Helspar06 Member Posts: 2
    EVE online is by far the most immersive game I've found. Almost alone amongst MMORPGs you get the feeling you have skin in the game so to speak. You can participate in the world as much or as little as you want. As per the general feel of the game, it really can feel lonely in the depths of space, and really feel like you're discovering something new. The world is inconcievably huge, one could spend a lifetime even exploring a bit of it.