Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta BGM Preview

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

The last beta bgm preview has been released. Now we can get a preview of all 3 major city music themes.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0jNsGOMheA

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/242

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    And can also be found on the all info thread

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

:p :)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    You should request the mods to sticky your thread if you want people to come there for all the latest info. 
    I have and so have others but they won't . Because they don't like me . Because I have opinions . But I did add this yesterday morning on the info page . You would think with 10000 views you would mak something a sticky

• ZalgabranthZalgabranth Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Inigo_Montoya
    I have and so have others but they won't . Because they don't like me . Because I have opinions . But I did add this yesterday morning on the info page . You would think with 10000 views you would mak something a sticky

Plus your thread is very helpful for all FFXIV players or new comers that are interested in the game.

C'mon mods.

Originally posted by Zalgabranth

Plus your thread is very helpful for all FFXIV players or new comers that are interested in the game.

C'mon mods.

imageimageimage

Originally posted by Mannish

C'mon mods.

imageimageimage

See how i was at 5 stars when i posted now im at 4 and a half . See how that works :) What i think is that the Mods here dont like Final Fantasy i mean other then our threads about the game what has MMORPGdotCom provide for people ? Not very much . The game is not even on there radar . I see a LOtR banner and a Age of Wushu beta side banner no FFXIV ARR anything . Whats the Home page have? i doubt anything FFXIV ARR on it .

I was right looking at the home page of MMORPGdotCOM no talk about FFXIV ARR and no Beta links , Nothing at all . HAve a look http://www.mmorpg.com/ ( and i bet they change that now )

Yeah I find that a little odd. Hmm, I wonder if they actually do dislike FFXIV...
    5 stars or not, your still very helpful in the ffxiv community. Whether or not the mods like you, that's there problem. XD
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Yeah I find that a little odd. Hmm, I wonder if they actually do dislike FFXIV...

No, but the majority of people who visit these forums have little interest in the title, hence the lack of support.

And don't just post links to blogs/videos, I won't click on them, probably not alone in that regards

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    I don't think FF XIV RR is winning the battle on marketing at moment.  The Re-Done Game does look pretty good and actually looks very interesting.  Little Press releases and teasers is what's gonna keep the Hype up for this game.  Look at how well, thats been done for ESO, Neverwinter, and even WildStar to just name three.  They keep their product out there to help bridge the divide while things are still being worked on.  I guess what I'm driving at, great product to be or not, FF can use some better Marketing imo.
  • redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by Doctorhoo
    I don't think FF XIV RR is winning the battle on marketing at moment.  The Re-Done Game does look pretty good and actually looks very interesting.  Little Press releases and teasers is what's gonna keep the Hype up for this game.  Look at how well, thats been done for ESO, Neverwinter, and even WildStar to just name three.  They keep their product out there to help bridge the divide while things are still being worked on.  I guess what I'm driving at, great product to be or not, FF can use some better Marketing imo.

I believe they are doing a lot in terms of marketting. They released the End of an Era cinematic TWICE a few months apart (one version is expanded and lengthened), as well as a much sshorter teaser trailer before that. 

They continually release the Letters from the Producer LIVE videos, that generally run an hour, showing off concept art, in game play sessions and answer community questions. They have released many, many videos, such as the Exploration video, the Benchmark client, the Gamepad DEV commentary video, basic videos showing questing, combat and the new Gridania envornment. 

They have had a presence at a few recent gmaing convetions as well as having a press and media tour recently, where they displayed more art, answered more community questions and I believe had playable demos. 

I have begun seeing adds on Facebook and other websites to join the Beta, even their Facebook group constantly posts updates. 

All of this and nI have yet to see a single shred of coverage here on MMORPG.com. Massively[dot]joystiq also has minimal coverage, but at least I see a piece here and there. 

Perhaps Square is playing this one close to the chest ATM, but I have generally felt an anti-FFXIV vibe from this website. Perhaps when the NDA lifts around phase 3 and/or 4 of the beta, Square will be far more active than they are now (even though they have been mighty active IMHO), or other websites will do their job and cover news concerning *all* MMOs and not just the ones that pay for good reviews. 

Originally posted by redcloud16
    Originally posted by Doctorhoo

I believe they are doing a lot in terms of marketting. They released the End of an Era cinematic TWICE a few months apart (one version is expanded and lengthened), as well as a much sshorter teaser trailer before that. 

They continually release the Letters from the Producer LIVE videos, that generally run an hour, showing off concept art, in game play sessions and answer community questions. They have released many, many videos, such as the Exploration video, the Benchmark client, the Gamepad DEV commentary video, basic videos showing questing, combat and the new Gridania envornment. 

They have had a presence at a few recent gmaing convetions as well as having a press and media tour recently, where they displayed more art, answered more community questions and I believe had playable demos. 

I have begun seeing adds on Facebook and other websites to join the Beta, even their Facebook group constantly posts updates. 

All of this and nI have yet to see a single shred of coverage here on MMORPG.com. Massively[dot]joystiq also has minimal coverage, but at least I see a piece here and there. 

Perhaps Square is playing this one close to the chest ATM, but I have generally felt an anti-FFXIV vibe from this website. Perhaps when the NDA lifts around phase 3 and/or 4 of the beta, Square will be far more active than they are now (even though they have been mighty active IMHO), or other websites will do their job and cover news concerning *all* MMOs and not just the ones that pay for good reviews. 

somewhere in there i heard a a voice and angel s singing . Agree 200% with this. And again Where is MMORPGdotCom with info? absent

This game is not trying to appeal to the masses and it wont. This game is being made to give Final Fantasy fans the mmo that they deserved instead of what they got with the original Final Fantasy XIV. 

somewhere in there i heard a a voice and angel s singing . Agree 200% with this. And again Where is MMORPGdotCom with info? absent

This game is not trying to appeal to the masses and it wont. This game is being made to give Final Fantasy fans the mmo that they deserved instead of what they got with the original Final Fantasy XIV. 

@Inigo

Haha, thank you, I don't think I have ever been described as having an angel's voice. XD I feel like they could just pay you, you've done a marvelous job already with your previous post. lol. 

@Mannish

I don't know what you mean by masses, but it is definetely being designed to be far more accesible than version 1.0 or even FFXI (which as a 10 year old game, isn't very accesible at all). 

That being said, it is not attempting to dethrone WoW as so many have tried. It is trying to carve it's own piece of the pie, so I agree with you there about your comment that it is meant to give the FF fans the MMO they deserve. But perhaps also bring in some new blood. 

• BananaramaaBananaramaa Member Posts: 34
    Ugh... superman music at the start of the ul'dah theme again. Otherwise much improved.

@Inigo

Haha, thank you, I don't think I have ever been described as having an angel's voice. XD I feel like they could just pay you, you've done a marvelous job already with your previous post. lol. 

@Mannish

I don't know what you mean by masses, but it is definetely being designed to be far more accesible than version 1.0 or even FFXI (which as a 10 year old game, isn't very accesible at all). 

That being said, it is not attempting to dethrone WoW as so many have tried. It is trying to carve it's own piece of the pie, so I agree with you there about your comment that it is meant to give the FF fans the MMO they deserve. But perhaps also bring in some new blood. 

What I am saying is that this game is not trying to compete with anything out there, its not trying to innovate or change the genre either. This is simply a game that being made to give Final Fantasy fans the game that they deserve like you said.

I dont think you will see alot of marketing like you are seeing now from other games. People who want to know about this game are the ones who know about this game. 

Originally posted by VastoHorde 

What I am saying is that this game is not trying to compete with anything out there, its not trying to innovate or change the genre either. This is simply a game that being made to give Final Fantasy fans the game that they deserve like you said.

I dont think you will see alot of marketing like you are seeing now from other games. People who want to know about this game are the ones who know about this game. 

There are things I want to say but can't because of reasons. 

I'll mostly agree wth you, if only to say we really don't know at this point. But I do know they are working to make PC and PS3 a simultaneous release, and try to grab a large chunk of players who have never played an MMO before. So that in itself is targetting new players. And we don't know the marketting situation overseas. 

Just saying it doesn't help when a website that should be covering a flood of information doesn't even bother, it doesn't help the marketting situation. 

There are things I want to say but can't because of reasons. 

I'll mostly agree wth you, if only to say we really don't know at this point. But I do know they are working to make PC and PS3 a simultaneous release, and try to grab a large chunk of players who have never played an MMO before. So that in itself is targetting new players. And we don't know the marketting situation overseas. 

Just saying it doesn't help when a website that should be covering a flood of information doesn't even bother, it doesn't help the marketting situation. 

I am sure they want new players also but I am not going to go into this one expecting anything big numbers wise at all. I know what you mean by there are thing you want to say but cant because I also want to say things but I cant.image

I am sure they want new players also but I am not going to go into this one expecting anything big numbers wise at all. I know what you mean by there are thing you want to say but cant because I also want to say things but I cant.image

Oh you are totally right, i do not see them aiming for (or getting, realistically) the big numbers MMO communities expect from MMOs these days. (Which is wrong for any game anyway lol) 

As long as it is stable! 

;) 'Please look forward to it!'

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

The game is dead in North America. Too little, too late. I bought the collectors edition for myself and my GF, so what $200 into the game and it was the worst MMO I have ever played.

I would have liked to try this version to at least see how they progressed, but we were not even sent an invite to the beta....... $200 put in too, wtf?

They already stole our money making such a horrible game 1st time around, now they want us to pay monthly again? I already bought the game it was a total joke, how can they expect us to pay again and trust them after the laughable piece of trash that this game was last time around?

This should be a free to play game in NA, if not its gonna have no hype, very few players willing to pay monthly because you can play games like neverwinter, Tera and many more for free already.

Monthly we are all waiting on stuff like Elder Scrolls or ArcheAge and many others.

This game has no market in NA as a pay game after what they did to us with the first version.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

Originally posted by khameleon

The game is dead in North America. Too little, too late. I bought the collectors edition for myself and my GF, so what $200 into the game and it was the worst MMO I have ever played.

I would have liked to try this version to at least see how they progressed, but we were not even sent an invite to the beta....... $200 put in too, wtf?

They already stole our money making such a horrible game 1st time around, now they want us to pay monthly again? I already bought the game it was a total joke, how can they expect us to pay again and trust them after the laughable piece of trash that this game was last time around?

This should be a free to play game in NA, if not its gonna have no hype, very few players willing to pay monthly because you can play games like neverwinter, Tera and many more for free already.

Monthly we are all waiting on stuff like Elder Scrolls or ArcheAge and many others.

This game has no market in NA as a pay game after what they did to us with the first version.

You have not been listening to anything we have said. Also if you played the previous game for at least 90 days you get legacy status that gives you reduced monthly fee, a unique choocabo mount and your name in the credits. Did you sign up for the beta? 

Originally posted by khameleon

Where do I begin?!

YOu cannot judge this version of the game on Version 1. At all. 

They have scrapped nearly everything about version 1 and rebuilt a brand new engine from the ground up. The dev team from version 1 was taken down and reshuffled, and a new team was brought in to make version 1 playable, while simultanesouly working on the new version. 

The game was free for a year because it was determined to be unworhy of being charged a monthly fee for. After many changes, and the game was made playable, they reinstated the monthly fee, which I gladly paid at that point. The game was actually fun and playable. 

This new version is compltely, entirely different. 

I understand your apprehension, and do not blame you for it from that mess that was the release of version 1. 

But as someone who bought the game, you get gauranteed beta access around Phase 3, simply from having a FFXIV service account. Then, I believe you get a free download of the new game if I am not mistaken, as well as a free month.

Perhaps with these you could at least give the game a try after so many drastic changes and give it a second chance. 

This has never been done before in all MMOs. If a normal MMO had bombed as 1.0 did, it would simply have been shut down and thrown under the rug and forgotten. 

But this was a main numbered Final Fantasy title. Square Enix could not simply let it go and forget it. Their brand was ruined, and now they must atone and make it up to their player base. Everything is riding on this for them. 

The thing is, Square Enix is self-publishing. They have no investors to appease (such as EA is to BioWare), which means they can make game as they wish. That is why FFXI is still Sub-based. They are not trying to make the maximum amount of money possible. THe game has its playerbase and it is stable and they are content with that. 

With FFXIV they have done what no other MMO has done; took a broken game and rebuilt it completely new. Yes, the first time they released teh game before it was ready and forced it to come out at a specific date, regardless, thinking that people would play it no matter how broken because it was Final Fantasy. 

They paid the price for their hubris. As you can rightly attest.

But I think they have learned their lesson. 

Please give it a chance, before dismissing it. I, personally, think they deserve to learn from their mistakes. 

EDIT: As for Free to Play, Yoshida has said in his Producer Live letters that the game is not designed for that, and as long as Square can support it to be sub-based, it will. Generally, F2P games are of lower quality, or the investors want to see their money returned as fast as possible. Yoshidas team does not want the quality of the game to be any less than the best it can be, and as I said above, SE has no investors to appease and will support this game is it still supports FFXI. 

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I'm sold on this game from what I've seen. I love pve, and story driven content. They have taken a lot of good aspects of other games that I like and put it in one. From what they are saying that the amount t of conteny