Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If WoW Wants To Stop Slowly Dying They Need Gameplay Like Skyrim/Skill Based

WildStar will destroy my urges for returning to WoW if it is a good game, I will watch review videos before I get it. I wish WoW would change their gameplay, make the game play like Skyrim and more skill base,  make the mage attacks like an fps and the sword fighting like skyrim, if they switched up the gameplay like that in a WoW expansion then I gaurentee wow would gain millions of more subscribers and go past 10 million like it did in the past.

If blizzard decided to have optional skill based gameplay in the next expansion, setting some realms with this new gameplay then Im sure more people will come back to WoW because WoW would feel fresh and new. It would smash all competition it has since the gameplay would be completly different and more fun.

They should do this in the next expansion, then again I doubt it would ever happen, Blizzard has never been a developer for radical changes to their sequels. Diablo 3 was a major flop, the graphics were bad and it just felt like Diablo 2.5, all it had was new classes, better graphics and a new world. Starcraft 2 was the same, only the campaign was different but other then that, all it had was better graphics, new maps and new units. I doubt blizzard will ever do this.

So I will look to WildStar Online to cure my returning to WoW urges, it has former blizzard devs working on it. The graphics have a similar style to WoW also, only they are better, there is player housing and buildable fortresses in the game world for factions/guilds along with skill based gameplay with some reliance on gear, all things that wow DOES NOT have and WILL NEVER HAVE. It has 5 classes each with 2 roles and 8 races to play like WoW did when it launched. The game world is huge and it also has dungeons/raids and battlegrounds. 

WILDSTAR ONLINE WILL CRUSH WOW! 

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
     WoW will never change that way, Titan perhaps but not WoW it would be too big a change and WoW current remaining 9 million (?) would go into a tizzy. No WoW will be dumbed down a bit more for ease of game play and casualness, it will get a few more cartoony kungfu panda races but otherwise it will eventually die as WoW
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Imperator101

WildStar will destroy my urges for returning to WoW if it is a good game, I will watch review videos before I get it. I wish WoW would change their gameplay, make the game play like Skyrim and more skill base,  make the mage attacks like an fps and the sword fighting like skyrim, if they switched up the gameplay like that in a WoW expansion then I gaurentee wow would gain millions of more subscribers and go past 10 million like it did in the past.

If blizzard decided to have optional skill based gameplay in the next expansion, setting some realms with this new gameplay then Im sure more people will come back to WoW because WoW would feel fresh and new. It would smash all competition it has since the gameplay would be completly different and more fun.

They should do this in the next expansion, then again I doubt it would ever happen, Blizzard has never been a developer for radical changes to their sequels. Diablo 3 was a major flop, the graphics were bad and it just felt like Diablo 2.5, all it had was new classes, better graphics and a new world. Starcraft 2 was the same, only the campaign was different but other then that, all it had was better graphics, new maps and new units. I doubt blizzard will ever do this.

So I will look to WildStar Online to cure my returning to WoW urges, it has former blizzard devs working on it. The graphics have a similar style to WoW also, only they are better, there is player housing and buildable fortresses in the game world for factions/guilds along with skill based gameplay with some reliance on gear, all things that wow DOES NOT have and WILL NEVER HAVE. It has 5 classes each with 2 roles and 8 races to play like WoW did when it launched. The game world is huge and it also has dungeons/raids and battlegrounds. 

I promise you it wont crush anything.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Imperator101

seriously.. are you high?

you think theyre gonna rework the entire game engine after 10 years as the uncontested King of MMOs? my mother said they used to smoke some crazy shit in the 60s.. you must be burning some banana peels or something

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    The problem with WoW is they have zero content thats long lasting. Content that lasts 2 weeks isnt healthy for the game and that is WoW's main problem.
  • freegefreege Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Go to bed OP
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
      I went back and played WoW for a month or 2. I wanted to see with the non-talent trees if they actually balanced out PvP. That answer is the same one that has been there for my 6+ yrs of game play ... NO. Kinda sad that even with a watered down talent tree and limited choices to specialize Blizzard has still failed to balance the game. The Panda invasion did bring some fun quests, but that did not last long. Game play and leveling was so easy I think I napped while playing. Oh well Neverwinter comes out soon, along with TESO, Wild Star and few more.

This discussion has been closed.