Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Really Surprised This Game Sucks???

13»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Randayn
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

i'm in alpha and played good amount of the game.. with the foundry it is a very fun game overall.. i know its hard to believe not everyone has the same views on games as you..

how'd you get in alpha :(...Im jealous....loving the game during beta's so far.  btw, I have 2 of my friends hooked on GW2

i very kind poster on these forums sent me an invite:)

lol figured you had forgotten all about gw2 by now:P

nah, Im playing it with him...up to level 31....not too shabby for me....just glad he enjoys it

all games are more fun with friends:)

agreed 100%

still waiting for Repop though...have some really big expectations that will probably be toned down :P

yea same already backed repop.. also star citizen.. so many games.. none i have seen have a robust system like the foundry to make your own dungeons and such though, so this aspect is pretty big for me in this game..

do you remember RPG Maker....Im VERY excited to get my hands on the Foundry....might spend my life on there :P

of course! lol spent probably a couple thousand hours on rpg maker.. graphics were Final Fantasy 1 bad but was fun to make my own stories.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

of course! lol spent probably a couple thousand hours on rpg maker.. graphics were Final Fantasy 1 bad but was fun to make my own stories.. 

yeah, that's kinda what Im thinking Ill be doing the rest of my life :P...can't wait to tap into it's full potential....very excited for it

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by sk8chalif

i played it. i enjoyed it. but i did not like the combat system. not the aim thing. but the fact that you are mobilized while attack.

exemple

i killed a mobs in 2 hit but i swinged my sword 3 time because i pressed a bit to fast. unless there is key to cancel interurpt my attack i will give another shot.

i mean i been playing gw2 for a while now and iam so use to cast while moving or free movement.

while now its different

but other then that i was pretty good

o ya and hate the beginning, that dam shore, i  cant stand it and  i dunno why.

the shore was a recent addition.. actually that whole area was just added.. the original intro had you spawn basically at the start of the bridge at the end of the current tutorial. 

To be honest I don't really care for the new start, I preferred when you just started at the siege, but the 3 minutes it takes me to get out of that area is hardly worth complaining about.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by evilastro

i played it. i enjoyed it. but i did not like the combat system. not the aim thing. but the fact that you are mobilized while attack.

exemple

i killed a mobs in 2 hit but i swinged my sword 3 time because i pressed a bit to fast. unless there is key to cancel interurpt my attack i will give another shot.

i mean i been playing gw2 for a while now and iam so use to cast while moving or free movement.

while now its different

the shore was a recent addition.. actually that whole area was just added.. the original intro had you spawn basically at the start of the bridge at the end of the current tutorial. 

To be honest I don't really care for the new start, I preferred when you just started at the siege, but the 3 minutes it takes me to get out of that area is hardly worth complaining about.

lol true but it is a bit better for new players to get used to the combat and controls

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by evilastro

exemple

while now its different

lol true but it is a bit better for new players to get used to the combat and controls

that's how I took it...would like to find that little secret area though with some meager gift for finding it...would have made the experience better

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

/shrug

I enjoyed it. If anything I was a bit surprised it didn't suck since I'm not a huge fan of Cryptic.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by MysteryB

There are 20 reviews of why this game sucks on these forums, heres some things i found 

- Combat feels 15 years old, this isnt an Everquest remake give us somethings new

- UI is shit

-PvP is not fun in the least 

-MMOs pull you in, you really feel like you need to login to this game?

ONLY good thing is the graphics arent bad, but why play a game that isnt fun, play a little more you will agree with me and the thousands that are finding out every weekend this game is outdated before its release and will FAIL worse than Final Fantasy XIV

"Combat feels 15 years old"

You really didn't play the game for more then 5 mins did you? heheh at least you made it easy to see your either trolling or clueless. Neverwinter does have its share of problems but its combat is nothing like EQ's nore was there tab targetoing combat even 2 years ago to the best of my knowledge let alone 15 years ago'

the UI is just fine or do you really have trouble with the standard hit "I" for inventory, hit "c' for character screen that indeed has been out forever, and is pretty much excepted.

dIDIN'T TRY pvp so no idea there. I can say in no PNP game of D&D did I ever have a DM have us hunting other players.

Overall the games alot of fun though, better luck next game finding something you like.

• jordank23jordank23 Member Posts: 95
    Serious question..is the op just trolling?  While I can understand the sandbox crowd once again feeling slighted...I found this game to be a TON of FUN...and one of the better implimented F2P (I know here we go..P2W...whatever) Theme Parks coming out.  I just find it fresh in a different way.  I'm excited. 

Played: Shadowbane, UO, PlanetSide, SWG, EQ 2, City of Heros, AO, AoC, Daoc, WOW, lotro, Eve, GW, Tabula, Pirates of the burning sea (yup), Vanguard, Warhammer, Lineage 2

Out of all those I loved Shadow Bane, SWG (it had its issues but those first few months were great) and AO after about 5 months I was in love) RIP..not since then have I loved a MMO...

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

I like it a lot more than I thought I would.  Especially since I hated NWN2.  I've been having fun in the betas and I am looking forward to release so I can experience more of the game.  I like the combat, I like the companion system, I like having mounts and the trinity back, I like the player Foundry quests, I think the environmental art is fantastic and the storylines for the quests are really well written.

I think the character art and armor models need help, I think LoTRO horses look better, I think the quests and the world are far too linear with too many glass walls.

Crafting and creating foundry quests are yet to be decided because they aren't in the game or I haven't tried them yet.  PvP I also have not tried but I heard guildmates saying they enjoyed it during last beta.

Surprisingly enjoyable.

No bitchers.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

There are 20 reviews of why this game sucks on these forums, heres some things i found 

- Combat feels 15 years old, this isnt an Everquest remake give us somethings new

- UI is shit

-PvP is not fun in the least 

-MMOs pull you in, you really feel like you need to login to this game?

ONLY good thing is the graphics arent bad, but why play a game that isnt fun, play a little more you will agree with me and the thousands that are finding out every weekend this game is outdated before its release and will FAIL worse than Final Fantasy XIV

lol... 

Combat is one of the better things in this game. It's action combat, I'm not sure how anyone could say it's 15 years old... 

UI fits with action games and yes even action games on PC oO... again I liked it. 

The game actually is fun, but fun is a matter of opinion. 

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Yes and I also seem to recall a review score of 8.7 for SWTOR by some game site!!   I'm not saying Nerverwinter is good or bad because I have yet to play it as a finished product, but I dont put any stock into other people's so called reviews.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

As a great weapon fighter, I found the inability to move while swinging very annoying.  The game treats you as if you are supposed to move out of the way, but most the time you can't move out of the way of half the things they do or that's all you'd be doing.

Also, the game is very boring, at least up until level 6.  I can't speak to any further, nor should anyone have to suffer for two hours without getting any actual choices for their character, no companion, no grouping that I could find, with rooted combat and linear gameplay.  It's not even a themepark, it's a guided tour.

Game needs a lot more robust char creation and choices when you level up, as well as low level group finding, and unrooting combat for melee chars.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I briefly played NWO and decided the game is not meant for me.

After years of gaming I have believed my standard has gone up.

For an all out instancing game, the gameplay, animation and art style is not up to 2013 standard.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Maephisto

I wouldnt say it sucks outright..........There are good points.  The foundry could turn into something huge.

That being said, the game is incredibly disappointing to say the least.

This was supposed to be NWN 3 in the beginning, that is the biggest thing I havent gotten over yet.  We got this f2p soup sandwich instead.

This was never to be Neverwinter nights 3, you simply built expections of somethine that never was.

Alot of the hate against the game seems to come from D&D players that wanted 3.5 ruleset or older done better then DDO, which NW was never billed to be and those that somehow thought that cryptic was making NWN 3 which is also not what Neverwinter was billed to be (dispite name simularities).

This discussion has been closed.