Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So many flaws

SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

i was gona make post about nwo being pve unfriendly game but most of my points transfer to pve and just general game feeling , so its probably gona be another whining post but here it goes.

I played guardian so my combat point of view is limited to that class

1. Combat : Rooted/static/slow/unresponsive last can be blamed to latency? doubt it

Whole animation system isnt fluid it feels like game chuckles at combat animation and falls dead, it looks and feels like they made 5 frames per swing and left it there ,personally this was my first thought when i fought my first mob, and  frankly first game that made me think that way  , just feels wrong

Movement is horribly slow and static. i stoped trying to move out of danger zones after first 2 minutes, most spells will hit you if you try to move out after your attack finishes, because its not isntant and movement is slow.. so just use shift and block.. (other classes have  dodge there? ) maybe thats whole point you are not supposed to move out  just dodge/block , but it feels very static, didnt try pvp but can it possibly work with this?

2. PVE : I am an OGRE and i summon mobs.. thats why i am a boss , thats what pve is

Literarrly just normal mobs in different skin ( not alwayas) who performs same attacks you grew bored for last 10 levels, they have more hp obviously and spawn countless wave of adds..

I only did first instance so higher level ones might be different , but this isnt wow  where you did first instance boring and easy

every game past 2006 was about being awesome from lvl 1 so it gets people to play it, and first instance in nwo is worse than old ragefire chasm from 2003 wow.. that one was very bland and unspecial yet it still had few mechanics in it, not " i cast ground slamm, and i summon? no i dont summon.. mobs just apear "

Whole instance felt lifeless , not a single sound/emote bland and uninspiring

3. Roles  PVE Roles

Tanking? what there is tanking i played many mmorpgs where tanking was extremly hard.. and many where it was easy, yet i never played mmorpg with   attack bash and 4 spells where tanking was so frustrating.. no proper targeting, no real threat generation , you did taunt once every 15s and thats about it , ye there is solo taunt too.. funny that one increases damage done to you by 50% youdeal 50 more to enemy too.. whats the point in that one? not gona use in solo play.. because you loose same ammount of hp for damage dealt., not gona use in any pve.. might as well stick with aoe taunt that doesnt kill you

and constant blocking.. past lvl 10 you can be in permament block stance which blocks you from using all but basic attacks , you can shield bash but that seems to be broken as its greyed out yet if you use it will work but wont have leave debuff on target just deal damage , cannot even use tab mark skill, which isnt attack. its supposed to be instant mark skill that helps to tank, well none of that really matters in first instance block or no block.. you fight same normal mobs as outside..so its far easier just zerg.. only bosses are different than fighting outside.. you fight 5 instead of 3 you would outside solo..

so permament blocking is needed outside because you drop hp like mad and becauce of  delay or multiple target you cant really hit block hit block . just block.. use spell and block till cds are up

this went off topic...

anyway tldr: combat is rooted static bland and horrible in every aspect, copy paste random mob give him more hp and spawn adds wont make him interesting instance boss.. opposite it ruins instance apart forge this game have nothing, but there wasnt single interesting quest i did , if developers cant do it, what players with second hand tool can create.. not much better

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    The combat had to be rooted, because they had it were you could run while attacking, and in PvP ranged were just kiting everyone to death.  The rest depends on how high you leveled.  Level 20+ you have to have a tank, and you have to be smart with your blocking as a tank.  Your healer has to be good as well.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    The combat had to be rooted, because they had it were you could run while attacking, and in PvP ranged were just kiting everyone to death.  The rest depends on how high you leveled.  Level 20+ you have to have a tank, and you have to be smart with your blocking as a tank.  Your healer has to be good as well.

it didn't have to be rooted it was just easier to do that than revamp skills and rebalance things.. but you can tell it was a last minute thing as the animations don't feel right for ranged when running around and trying to cast and move cast and move..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg