Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some "Announcement" coming up on Monday

123457»

Comments

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by tintilinic
    Please share with everyone how you paid 10 without paying additional 15, i guess there are many many people interested how to do that and they will be very thankful to you.

I was talking about the cost of pack without adding sub fee to it. Like i said people can combine the both and make a point but for people like me who have always subbed to SWTOR before an after F2P conversion, it is just 10 bucks for the new content. I didn't just sub to get a discount on cartel pack, because i have been subbed for quite a while now. 

It doesnt matter, prerequisite for 10 bucks is paying additional 15, its the only way and it costs 25$.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Please share with everyone how you paid 10 without paying additional 15, i guess there are many many people interested how to do that and they will be very thankful to you.

I was talking about the cost of pack without adding sub fee to it. Like i said people can combine the both and make a point but for people like me who have always subbed to SWTOR before an after F2P conversion, it is just 10 bucks for the new content. I didn't just sub to get a discount on cartel pack, because i have been subbed for quite a while now. 

It doesnt matter, prerequisite for 10 bucks is paying additional 15, its the only way and it costs 25$.

yes it is if you just subbbed recently  to get a discount...but not all of us are in the same boat that is all i am saying. For us 15 bucks is an outgoing cost every month regardless of new content pack.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

yes it is if you just subbbed recently  to get a discount...but not all of us are in the same boat that is all i am saying. For us 15 bucks is an outgoing cost every month regardless of new content pack.

lol, its very simple, i dont see how you dont get it:

if you dont pay additional 15 you dont get it for 10 bucks.

When (well after they announce it) and how and why you paid that additional 15 is completely irrelevant.

What is relevant is that you paid 15 bucks and then can get this tiny new content for 10$. It adds up to 25$. Simple first grade math :)

When (well after they announce it) and how and why you paid that additional 15 is completely irrelevant.

What is relevant is that you paid 15 bucks and then can get this tiny new content for 10$. It adds up to 25$. Simple first grade math :)

it is not just about simple math but also the prespective. For me 15 bucks a month is something fixed because i hate to be restricted in gameplay. I play every F2P MMO with a monthly sub. So if during my subscription play time a company releases a content pack i don't combine the both costs. Just how i feel about it. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

And how is that $15 different from any other p2p mmo? You can't play MOP unless you sub to WOW. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

I suspect EA are grappling with the problem of how to keep subscribers. What do subscribers get for their subscription that makes them want to stick around.

Post launch there was the big song and dance about how there would be huge monthly content updates, real value etc.

Today though when "most" of the game can be played for free ..... less than last year's hyperbolefor sure. So charging a "reduced price" for the pack is an attempt to make subscribers feel special..

Non-subscribers will probably ignore it - based on what happened last year. (On the trial the cap was 15 and people clearly decided not to progress to 50. )

Going forward - when EA is looking to "attract" / "keep" F2P active accounts it will have to decide whether to make the new content free - and risk upsetting the remaining subscribers some more - or whether to "keep it special".

On past experience they will probably opt to give it away reasoning that in - three months say - they will have sold all the copies they are going to sell. I hope they don't - but I was wrong about them charging for class storylines so .....

Originally posted by ktanner3

And how is that $15 different from any other p2p mmo? You can't play MOP unless you sub to WOW. 

But you do get content updates like Makeb for free. Thats the difference and thats why they renamed content update to expansion.

Now, if you want to compare MoP and Makeb...be my guest :)

Imagine if every content update WoW had was called "expansion" and cost 10-20$.

it is not just about simple math but also the prespective. For me 15 bucks a month is something fixed because i hate to be restricted in gameplay. I play every F2P MMO with a monthly sub. So if during my subscription play time a company releases a content pack i don't combine the both costs. Just how i feel about it. 

You may feel its "good deal" but fact is you paid 15$ and that got you 10$ price. Thats a fact. In this case its simple math.

Its pretty much one of the oldest marketing tricks in the book, they sell you something at nice discount IF you spend more money on something else, in this case people forget that they already paid 15$ :)

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Wow been reading multiple posts of this.  Nobody cares how irrelevant it is that you spend a subscription fee, or how inconsequential $15 really is.

You spent $15 to get the $10 discount.  /headache

It's like joining a shoppers price club for $100, then bragging about how you saved $50 the whole year by joining.  Then arguing .. NONO NO .. I saved money!! Didn't you pay attention .. I saved .. /voice crackles  ... money

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

But you do get content updates like Makeb for free. Thats the difference and thats why they renamed content update to expansion.

I didn't know WOW was giving away five extra levels, a revamped skill system, extra dungeons, extra warzones along with voiced over questlines all in one patch. When did that happen? 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I didn't know WOW was giving away five extra levels, a revamped skill system, extra dungeons, extra warzones along with voiced over questlines all in one patch. When did that happen? 

If WoW tacked on 5 levels for every patch, just to charge a DLC fee, the max level would be over 9000.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

who cares about 15 bucks, or even 25, I'd pay full box price for a really good expansion/revamp patch plus space sim update.

for this planet, I will pay nothing because I don't need more of the same

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

a reason for wows success, is , that their expansions not only expand

they change a lot of the previous content too,,sometimes almost making it a totally different game

combined with the many levelling paths, that made the replayability enormous

Originally posted by Karteli

Wow been reading multiple posts of this.  Nobody cares how irrelevant it is that you spend a subscription fee, or how inconsequential $15 really is.

It's like joining a shoppers price club for $100, then bragging about how you saved $50 the whole year by joining.  Then arguing .. NONO NO .. I saved money!! Didn't you pay attention .. I saved .. /voice crackles  ... money

I am sorry do you speak for everyone else now on these forums? what other care or don't let others decide. But do i need your permission now to give my prespectives on things around here? 

Yes for me 15 bucks a month is irrelevant. And by the way not even once i bragged about anything. For me subscription is something so basic and i have been doing that for years now. I have never added monthly sub costs to any expansions in the past and i have played them all. So this is not just about SWTOR.

Must be hard to to see things from other people's prespective.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

I guess that was the real Special Announcement.  3 more servers closing.

It was probably planned for some time, since if I recall those servers were the ones never upgraded.  Why upgrade them if they are going to be recycled for scrap.

Pretty significant announcement as it means that the F2P option has failed to gain traction in APAC territories.

One can try and pretend that these servers were no longer needed because of the super capacity of the remaining servers but at the end of the day this is a pull back.

Makes sense I am sure from a cost control point of view and for sure folks there could play on other servers and a few might do so but there is a reason for regional servers.

So do people in Asia-Pacific not like Star Wars? Or a sign that SWTOR isn't doing so well.

Why do people lie?

NO flashpoints, operations or warzones are included in this paid content patch.

Its 1 planet, 1 zone and unwarranted level cap raise.

Let me see, i got that for free in any MMO i played so far since 2000, sub or no sub :)

And yes, minor shifts in skill trees and balancing are also common and free in other MMOs. What "revamped skill system" are you talking about,  theres nothing revamped about it, they shifted some skills around and thats it. Its 100% same skill system as before.

I am sorry do you speak for everyone else now on these forums? what other care or don't let others decide. But do i need your permission now to give my prespectives on things around here? 

Yes for me 15 bucks a month is irrelevant. And by the way not even once i bragged about anything. For me subscription is something so basic and i have been doing that for years now. I have never added monthly sub costs to any expansions in the past and i have played them all. So this is not just about SWTOR.

Must be hard to to see things from other people's prespective.

Eh, you paid 15$ and ONLY because of that you get 10$ price. Theres no other perspective, math doesnt lie lol

Thats 25$.

You have not added cost to subscription because there was no "special price if you spend another 15$"