Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill lag lately???

SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

I've been playing since launch and just until recently, (few weeks) it seems the skill lag has been getting worse day by day.  Forget the culling issues..., if I can't even use my abilities in WvW, the game is broken and unplayable.  I hit a skill and it goes off 5-10 seconds later.  Very frustrating and annoying.  On the verge of ragequit.  Anyone else experiencing this bullshit?

Comments

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Yes, I noticed. I'm sure they will fix it eventually, however since WvW patch is soon, WvW will be in the spotlight and many players will want to play WvW, so I think we can expect lag getting increased, at least for the first week after patch.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by SoulSurfer

I've been playing since launch and just until recently, (few weeks) it seems the skill lag has been getting worse day by day.  Forget the culling issues..., if I can't even use my abilities in WvW, the game is broken and unplayable.  I hit a skill and it goes off 5-10 seconds later.  Very frustrating and annoying.  On the verge of ragequit.  Anyone else experiencing this bullshit?

Try www.pingzppaer.com Qnet has adviced using this as a temprery soultion.

or you could try using vpn such as Ultrasurf (it Fixed my problome for a while)

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

The lag has been horrendous in GW2 lately. And that's playing PvE! I don't WvWvW. During prime time the game would become almost unplayable due to network lag. So if I want to play it has be after 9.30-10pm otherwise the game lags like crazy. It is even worse if you go to specific zones like Diessa Plateau and Wayfairer Foothills. Yesteraday I was lagging in Diessa at like 1pm which is not even prime time. All other zonese were lag free. This has been the case since the patch in Feb.

I hope they fix it. I have my doubts about it though as a lot of people have been complaining in the Tech Support forums yet ArenaNet seems to dismiss it as an ISP related issue. At least for me, it's definitely not the ISP. I have tried playing like 10 different games at the time where I experience lag in GW2 and I have zero issues. It's really annoying cause the last 3-4 times I tried playing GW2, I logged out after like 5-10 min because it would like crazy at about 7-8pm.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by fivoroth

The lag has been horrendous in GW2 lately. And that's playing PvE! I don't WvWvW. During prime time the game would become almost unplayable due to network lag. So if I want to play it has be after 9.30-10pm otherwise the game lags like crazy. It is even worse if you go to specific zones like Diessa Plateau and Wayfairer Foothills. Yesteraday I was lagging in Diessa at like 1pm which is not even prime time. All other zonese were lag free. This has been the case since the patch in Feb.

I hope they fix it. I have my doubts about it though as a lot of people have been complaining in the Tech Support forums yet ArenaNet seems to dismiss it as an ISP related issue. At least for me, it's definitely not the ISP. I have tried playing like 10 different games at the time where I experience lag in GW2 and I have zero issues. It's really annoying cause the last 3-4 times I tried playing GW2, I logged out after like 5-10 min because it would like crazy at about 7-8pm.

hmm why so much doubts?

plus Anet confiremd the problom, and siad they are working on it but no time fram  as much as this sound frustating but knowing anet and thire hardwok i highly doubt that they wont fix it.

finaly from my expireance (AOC,WOW,LOTRO) they all had the lagging problom and most people had to use stuuff Like pingzapper, and evnetauly the problom got solved