Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pretty cool - think other companies would do this proactively?

rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408

Email I just received:

You recently purchased a Dragon Pack, which included VIP Beta Access. We apologize, but our messaging about the VIP Beta Access benefit was not clear. We wanted to clarify it for you and offer you the opportunity for a refund if you so desire.
We are currently in the technical testing period of Closed Beta, where we are verifying that the servers work, the databases are connected and all the little kinks get worked out. It’s not very much fun to play in, which is why we haven’t invited you yet.
We hope to end this technical testing period very shortly, but can not guarantee its end until April 15th. We promise that you will be among the very first players invited to test.
That said, we understand if you are frustrated. If you have questions or would like a refund, please contact our customer service team.
In the meantime, we are working very hard to get through the technical testing period and share the beautiful world of Auratia with you!
May your skies be filled with dragons,
The Dragon’s Prophet Team

I'm impressed and keeping my preorder. 

Comments

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    People bash SOE but they have come around and do the right thing once in awhile.  Like keeping the EQmac server up despite losing money from it.
  • dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183

It actually came out of the blue for me too. I never thought I would be invited until sometime in April anyways so it didn't really frustrate me. I am also impressed in how they downplayed the fun factor at the moment which shows a lot of humility.

And I still got the boost for the SOE credit which I can use for Planetside 2 so its still a win for me :)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    got that email as well.. will be looking forward to trying this out once regular closed beta starts.. character creator looks good to reminds me of aions where you are given a lot of control over the sliders 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

I think SOE is the best out there. Along with Trion and En Masse.

Sony charges 1 fee to play EVERY game it has without limitation. To play that many games in a month id have to fork out around 300$. Not 20$. I think they are fantastic.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.