Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World vs. World: Introducing World Ranks and More

observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-world-introducing-world-ranks-and-more/

WXP and World Ranks

When you participate in WvW events and defeat enemy players, you will earn World Experience (WXP). When you earn enough WXP you’ll unlock World Ranks. Every World Rank earned will come with a World Ability Point, and some ranks can even give you a new World Title.

The amount of WXP you receive from defeating another player is directly related to how long the victim has been alive. Players who have recently been killed are potentially worth no points, while a player that has survived for a longer period of time is worth more.

This sounds interesting.  It would have been nice to encourage staying alive longer too, to prevent zerging, with some sort of WXP bonus to the survivor.

Comments

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Get your pvp big boy pants on (Women too!) I'm hoping for big fights and let's see if culling really is gone.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I've spent very little time in WvW since launch, but the "time between deaths" bonus is pretty neat.
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Not sure how rewarding staying alive longer would prevent zerging, it's far easier to get away from a loosing 50 vs 50 fight then a 50 vs 10.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by dlld
    Not sure how rewarding staying alive longer would prevent zerging, it's far easier to get away from a loosing 50 vs 50 fight then a 50 vs 10.

Because on the top 6 servers, it's not 50 vs 10, it's 50 vs 50.   Zerging in those servers have made it where fights in single spots are lasting 20-30 minutes! I was like "holy shit!" when I was in one of those fights and neither side seemed to be sinking away.  With that said, everyone was dying, getting knocked into downstate, or other such crazieness.  With those zerg matches, you're bound to be a target the squishier you are (which as an Elementalist...I'm dead in 30sec).

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Because on the top 6 servers, it's not 50 vs 10, it's 50 vs 50.   Zerging in those servers have made it where fights in single spots are lasting 20-30 minutes! I was like "holy shit!" when I was in one of those fights and neither side seemed to be sinking away.  With that said, everyone was dying, getting knocked into downstate, or other such crazieness.  With those zerg matches, you're bound to be a target the squishier you are (which as an Elementalist...I'm dead in 30sec).

You should go defensive with your Ele if you scrum a lot, they have high base dmg and with some conditions they are GREAT at scrimmages. If you prefer attacking towers, camps, ect.. then a staff dmg build. What build do you use?

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Siphaed

You should go defensive with your Ele if you scrum a lot, they have high base dmg and with some conditions they are GREAT at scrimmages. If you prefer attacking towers, camps, ect.. then a staff dmg build. What build do you use?

I'm 30pt Fire, 15 Arcane, and I think the rest are in air or earth.  It's an odd build that's basically based on heavy burst for Staff fireballs and the AOE's.  I switch to Scepter+Dagger combo in the field fights with less people as it's more mobile and easier to sustain single-target damage instead.  Not sure if my build is even viable any more, last I changed it was November.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Ironically, Blizz just announced that they are normalizing PvP gear / stats and putting caps on item levels in all PvP instances.  I was kinda bummed until I read about the PvP changes coming to GW2 and I think ANet is on the right track with the WvW progression.

PvP players do it for the competition and fun but at the end of the day progression and rewards for time and effort are important.  ANet just won me back with these changes.

See you all on the battlefield.