Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera is now at 1.4 million users.

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

En Masse has no problems braging bout how Tera is now at 1.4 million users. Cant say Subs since that would be P2P and we all know this is a F2P game.

Now if you think about it games that still use subs are more accurate with player numbers. Just saying. I have to admit Terra is a good MMO hope this fifteen mins of fame last a little while longer so the DEVS will continuing to support its players.

Comments

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

This site has 2.25 million users.

En Masse should provide a little more detail on how they count "users" before we get exited over that number.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38

1.4 million users packed in 6 servers.

Cool story bro...

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by Isturi

En Masse has no problems braging bout how Tera is now at 1.4 million users. Cant say Subs since that would be P2P and we all know this is a F2P game.

Now if you think about it games that still use subs are more accurate with player numbers. Just saying. I have to admit Terra is a good MMO hope this fifteen mins of fame last a little while longer so the DEVS will continuing to support its players.

Why do you say sub-games are more accurate.  Most of WoW's legendary 11 million subscribers were people that logged on in internet cafes in China and didn't have a regular subscription like we do in North America.  

Anyway it's good to see although it's not very surprising if you play as all servers have been buys lately with new ones added.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by hopenottaken

Cool story bro...

There's 6 servers for the Americas.  There's also multiple servers for Europe.  I imagine there are many more for Korea and other countries.

It's not all about America for MMOs, especially not TERA.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Yeah..... OK

I suspect thats 1.4million registered users meaning  that 1.4 million people have at some point registered a TERA account. 

What would be interesting to know is the amount of ACTIVE users (say accounts that have logged in in the past month)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Cool story bro...

There's 6 servers for the Americas.  There's also multiple servers for Europe.  I imagine there are many more for Korea and other countries.

News is about EME service. They don't make any statement for any other publisher. In fact GF and EME hate each other guts, GF is particularly sore when refering to something EME related.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by stragen001

Yeah..... OK

I suspect thats 1.4million registered users meaning  that 1.4 million people have at some point registered a TERA account. 

What would be interesting to know is the amount of ACTIVE users (say accounts that have logged in in the past month)

Exactly.  I think a lot of MMO companies are guilty of this, and besides, it just went F2P.  DCUO saw a big increase in players in those first few months too.  So did Age of Conan. 

But yeah, now is the time to brag, because it could be a ghost town again before long.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Thats the number of players who had logged into the game since the F2P, not the number of active players, i mean you could play the game for 5 min and never come back, still you will be part of the 1.4 million of users. The same thing happened with Lotro, AoC, STO, AION, etc etc etc

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by hikaru77

Thats the number of players who had logged into the game since the F2P, not the number of active players, i mean you could play the game for 5 min and never come back, still you will be part of the 1.4 million of users. The same thing happened with Lotro, AoC, STO, AION, etc etc etc

How do you know that's what it means ? They called it concurent, that means logged in at the same time. Do you know something they don't ?

Considering how populated the zones can be at prime times and how many lag issues they've had TERA is far from hurting population wise....regardless of what the actual number is.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by DamonVile

How do you know that's what it means ? They called it concurent, that means logged in at the same time. Do you know something they don't ?

Considering how populated the zones can be at prime times and how many lag issues they've had TERA is far from hurting population wise....regardless of what the actual number is.

Because thats what they said not me. And the concurrent users went form 1k to 10k, the 1.4 millions have nothing to do with ¨concurrent users¨, is just a marketing thing.  

Damonvile: You really think there are 1.4 million concurrent players?  :-  The concurrent users aren't that high.

Hikaru77: Someone mentioned 10k on the first page as a joke... the concurrent users aren't that low.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    I doubt it's them counting the registered accounts which have went active since F2P launch, it's more likely a case of accounts which were registered, went active or continued to be active that maintain a certain level of activity after the F2P shift which to be honest doesn't sound so bad all things considered.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Because thats what they said not me. And the concurrent users went form 1k to 10k, the 1.4 millions have nothing to do with ¨concurrent users¨, is just a marketing thing.  

Actually that does make a lot more sense. 1.4 mil on 4 or 5 servers would be insane :) It's busy but not THAT busy.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Damonvile: You really think there are 1.4 million concurrent players?  :-  The concurrent users aren't that high.

Hikaru77: Someone mentioned 10k on the first page as a joke... the concurrent users aren't that low.

A typicall MMO server holds around 2500-3000, and usually high pop is someing like 1/2 - 2/3rds of that

10k for 6 servers sounds about right.

I know Rift at launch had a 2200 server cap for instance, and 1200 was the cutoff to med/high.

Originally posted by strangiato2112

A typicall MMO server holds around 2500-3000, and usually high pop is someing like 1/2 - 2/3rds of that

Ah, I guess I didn't figure the game was that unpopular.  I'm used to people throwing around huge numbers.

Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Damonvile: You really think there are 1.4 million concurrent players?  :-  The concurrent users aren't that high. Hikaru77: Someone mentioned 10k on the first page as a joke... the concurrent users aren't that low.

Ah, I guess I didn't figure the game was that unpopular.  I'm used to people throwing around huge numbers.

For an eastern game thats pretty amazing actually. Outside of launch month Lineage, L2 or Aion probably never had that kind of concurrency in NA

Its possible TERA has a higher server cap than standard too because of the zone instancing (SWTOR actually has the largest servers this side of EvE because of this) which might drive the concurrent up a bit too
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    should be no shock good graphics, decent gameplay + boobies and now f2p  = lots of happy teenagers:) i remember in lineage 2 how many played female dark elves to watch them run around heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Does it count me as user as well? I created account, downloaded game, spent 5 minutes there, uninstalled.....

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Does it count me as user as well? I created account, downloaded game, spent 5 minutes there, uninstalled.....

Yes image

All in all 1.4 million f2p accounts isnt really that great, especially when you consider that they'd be lucky if even 1/3rd of them are active, out of which an even smaller percentage are probably willing to spend money in a cash shop. Maybe they'll close the game soon image

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Registered players does not mean active players. Hell I registered and played for a few hours then quit. I hate the combat system I am too much into the classic MMO combat system. Some people like it to each their own.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

If they would sell some kind of rediculously over powered experience booster, I would play again.

I really want an end game lancer to pvp with, I just cant get through the pve/leveling. 

Aside from that, the game is great and deserves a lot more than 1.4 mil players.  Just make sure to hide map chat though.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    It tricked me too, I thought "hey maybe they did something and it doesn't suck now!" So I downloaded it . . . for the third time. And it still sucks.
  • SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Originally posted by dave6660

This site has 2.25 million users.En Masse should provide a little more detail on how they count "users" before we get exited over that number.

this site have how many now? doubt there are more than 500 that uses forums, maybe 500 that read horrible articles.. i always wondered how this site survive since its supposedly pay for all uninteresting crap..
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Cool story bro...

it says right in the first paragraph that this 1.4 million is for the North American version of the game...

'registered players' huhhh, so if you registered and didnt even download i suppose that could count, but good for them anyway, i enjoyed the game when i played it.