Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Quit MMOs But The Secret World Dragged Me Back

2»

Comments

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234

«Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!»

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

It just grows on you. It's unique. Funcom deserves some support for the unique games they do, I think.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• OzimandeusOzimandeus Member UncommonPosts: 84

For me,

TSW is currently the only MMORPG worth playing, the key point is it treats its players like the adults we are. Not only the 'mature' content which is very stylised and gothic, but also with the investigation missions and general feel.

For once I am treated as an intelligent adult, not a meaningless member of a zerg of players all being pulled by their noses to certain events which 'must' be done.

Sure GW2 is lovely, as is FF Redo, but they both still treat their players like a bunch of kids.

These things always come to a head for me around Halloween and Christmas - GW2 and most other MMO's treat these festivals as an opportunity to become utterly purile, and disgustingly sugar sweet - GW2 even comiting the ultimate crime of putting candy canes in game - yuk! . TSW doesn't it keeps 'in character'.

As a mature player (over 40), its important to me to only invest my time and money into a game which keeps on giving and treats me as an adult.

In my long and illustrious career as an MMO player, there are only two games which I purchased a Lifetime Subscription for - The Secret World and Star Trek Online - both are not considered 'mainstream' or 'hardcore' and I thank heavens for that!