Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for those in beta

RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

In the games decription it says  :   "Solo or Group Play | Neverwinter will allow players to go it alone, with AI-controlled henchmen, or with a group of other players."

Is this like Star Trek online were you choose permanent team members and they come with you on all your journeys ?

How much control do you have over them ?

Can you gear them out ?

I burned out quik on STO but I always loved the away team aspect of the game and lvling / gearing them out.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    Ahh. Thanks,  I did some snooping but missed that vid.

-Robert E. Howard

• tagtarsistagtarsis Member UncommonPosts: 35

The link given is a good video so I will agree that you should watch it..

You will not have a team of hinchmen.. its 1 active at a time, however you will be able to have 3 to pull from.

Overall you will have a collection of hinchmen but only 1 can be active at a time. The amount of control you have over them is: NONE.

The hinchmen do have equipment slots but its not the same equipment as the players use, I think they use the runes in the open equipment slots on the hinchmen.

They have thier own minds and act independently of you and not like a pet. They do tend to stay very close as far as I could tell and my dog did attack fairly quickly when I agroed stuff. Overall it seemed to work well for me and I am hopeful that it continues to work like this.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    I was hoping the companion system was going to be like STO but looks like thats not the case.

-Robert E. Howard

• SvolgSvolg Member UncommonPosts: 9
    There are limited henchman slots and you can have one active at time.  They have rune slots and jewelry slots I believe (at least my mage henchman did).  As you go along, they level like you do.  You must send them away to "train" for a time that increases proportionally to their level to improve their stats.  Didn't get the henchman beyond level 9 I believe and at that point the help they provide seems pretty minimal.  I felt most of the time, I could have dismissed him with little slow down.
  • EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by tagtarsis

The hinchmen do have equipment slots but its not the same equipment as the players use, I think they use the runes in the open equipment slots on the hinchmen.

To be specific. 3 runestone slots, 2 accesory slots (think it was ring and belt) and 1 offhand slot that's specific to henchmen class. The fun thing, at least last beta, was that the class restriction on accesory didn't seem to apply to henchmen so I was able to put a "class: wizard" ring on my warrior henchmen. 

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Redcor
    I was hoping the companion system was going to be like STO but looks like thats not the case.

Nope, it's much more like LotRO's skirmish soldiers. I wouldn't say 1:1 copy, but very similar :)