Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Review

BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

On my hunt for a new, decent korean mmorpg, i stumble on this game, which is chinese i think.  Anyway.  The name of this game is a turn off.  I was expecting a cheaply made game with little substance.

Turns out, the game looks and plays like a high (er) budget game than i was expecting. 

The starter area is, imo, a bad first impression of the game.  Makes it feel cheezy over the top asian style...which it kinda is i guess.

The graphics are pretty nice, gear looks decent, with endgame gear looking crazy enough to make me want to get there and have it.

Class sytem is nice, interesting weapons and skills.  Combat plays somewhat smooth and very flashy, which is nice in a game like this. Though i wish it wasnt single target despite my massive weapon arching across many mobs...kind of a pet peeve i guess....  Auto pathing quest hubbing is what youll be doing.

Music, its..surprisingly good.  Over the top asian style at times, with asian rock combat music.  It was actually pretty good and im not a huge fan of the typical "asian farming village music" that just about every asian mmo has wailing in the backround through most of the game.  Yeah your still roaming around what looks like quaint asian farming villiages though...its just...different since it doesnt feel cheaply done...if that makes sense.

All in all, this game is staying on my computer.  Its kinda fun with the classes, there some minor stat distrabution and choices on skills you spec into...which is rare.  Stats are obvious though, so i guess it doesnt count as complex.

My only issue...

Community.  Its not existant.  Saw a few russian spamming the same exact message over and over, google couldnt translate it but it came out word for word the same nonsensical sentance, so it was spam.  A few spanish or portuguese convos and a rare appearance of english speakers, most commenting on how dead the game was. You get these quests to add more friends to your list constantly...3 i did, 6 was hard..9....well after that it got rough.  Your constantly getting in game tips with how to turn off other players if theres too many on screen too...i wish that was an issue.

Ok the game doesnt have lots of players, with the name Loong i can understand, that and zero advertising.  But hey, i wanted to kind of speak up and ask some questions, since theres zero info on this game outside of the actual game.  I had lots of questions on my weapon choice, how secondary weapons work...ect.  Theres no way for me to chat without paying in game curreny per message.  It was expensive for a new player.  Theres no guild application system.  Theres no people in the city im at.  Was a lonely place.  Had to resort to making a forum post.  Where i got the standard issue "no class is the best it depends on your play style" which was strange because i didnt even imply which weapon was best (weapons are class its a class free game btw)  Sadly none of the questions i asked got answerd, got a few super general "no kidding" responses and was left feeling in need of a resource to read over about the weapons their pairings stuff like "will i end up with all my skills maxed or do i have to picka nd choose" and "is it a good idea to spec into another weapons skills and swap weapons or use it for stats and passives"  But yeah...playing alone, feeling clueless, no online resources," Loong" and google dont mix so i was stuck on that...but...

Luckily the music was good, the visuals were fantasic, combat was pleasing and semi smooth.  Only combat issue i had, was when you crit hard enough (i think) you knock back an enemy.  Well your melee and kock the enemy back 100 feet in a pleasing fashion, then run towards the mob to continue attacking but the mob just ports back to where you origionally were fighting it, causing you to have to turn around and head back...all this was done automatically btw...reduced the cool factor of it.

Game needs a real publisher, a name change, and ability for new players to chat. Also needs a developer made wiki, or some referance tool.  I think none of this will happen.  Its a decent game and certainly not cheap and cheezy as the name suggests. 

Comments

• WastedAcesWastedAces Member Posts: 3

Found this game on here and decided to check it out.

Been playing almost two weeks and can't stay away from it.

I LOVE this game!!!

Your right the starting area is a little I guess ( cheesy ) is the word for it but after that it JUST gets better! With the different weapon choices and non class specific skills its a great change.

Gotta love the music and the landscape is beautiful

I like the fact that its never crowded. And the PVP  choice it wonderful. You can decide after level 30 to leave it off or turn it onYou get a prompt when logging on which one you want but can change it in-game too. The fighting is cool and you can do AOE's but have to either save up ( you get some from quests ) or buy with cash a item that mixed with an AOE skill doesa lot of damage.

Keeps the Power leveling down to a minimum which I love.  Went from level 1 to 50 in just over a week  a few hours a day. I made my own Guild and do a lot of daily repeat quests to help level. You have to donate quests exp and material quests so no in-game money is used for donations. Has guild skills too. All in all I have found a game I'm sticking with.  

Oh and the crafting system is alright but you can only have 3 crafting skills at a time but you can unlearn and learn anew one whenever you want to.         I give this game a great big thumbs up !!!!!