Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asherons call 1, The Reberth of Ac2, The Genesis of AC3...

B14cKs0LB14cKs0L Member UncommonPosts: 152

So the fact of the matter is Asherons Call is one of the finest games ever made. I can talk about how awesome the game is for hours and hours but,  alas,  such a rant will fall on def ears.

Enter Asherons Call 2.

I remember beta testing this game ( as I had UO, Eq, and Ac1) and thinking..why? why not make AC1 but updated!! A lot of things changed for AC2, and to be honest, a lot of AC1 players did not like the changes. We wanted AC1 but with updated GFX and game play. This was just not the case..

What did happen was a new flock of gammers came to AC2 as 1st time MMO gammers, much as we had during AC1, and made this game their own.

AC2 was born out of NEW MMO players and the ones who played it LOVED it..

Now AC2 is reborn and there is no doubt that new and old players alike, of the AC franchise, will play the game.

So where does this leave us? Where does this leave Turbine?

AC3...

Sandbox world..

No class system..

Awesome PvP

World enteractions ( no auction house)

Value over currency (world drops)

Crafting

Twitch, skill based combat,,

Hunt, kill, gather, reward..

Guild system,,,

Patron system,,,

Magic system...

No HOLEY TRINITY,,

Lets break the minds of WOW kiddies! The children brought up and a age of Rift, WOW, and Tera,,

Make AC3 and make it your way..Make it the turbine way! Make it the AC1 way! Someone has to step out and take a chance. And turbine is the Co to do it,

These are just my drunken ramdon thoughts...

Buy out =25

Plat=5

Heart=3

shard=2

15 min snipe

Go!

Comments

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479
    Being drunk and typing in forums don't mix well,  About as badly as trying to be drunk and playing a mmorpg.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by blackcat35
    Being drunk and typing in forums don't mix well,  About as badly as trying to be drunk and playing a mmorpg.

His drunken ramdom thoughts make complete sense to someone who's actually played Asheron's Call. Drunk or sober.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hmulasmajichmulasmajic Member Posts: 27

WoW kiddies?

lol

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by B14cKs0L

So the fact of the matter is Asherons Call is one of the finest games ever made. I can talk about how awesome the game is for hours and hours but,  alas,  such a rant will fall on def ears.

Enter Asherons Call 2.

I remember beta testing this game ( as I had UO, Eq, and Ac1) and thinking..why? why not make AC1 but updated!! A lot of things changed for AC2, and to be honest, a lot of AC1 players did not like the changes. We wanted AC1 but with updated GFX and game play. This was just not the case..

What did happen was a new flock of gammers came to AC2 as 1st time MMO gammers, much as we had during AC1, and made this game their own.

AC2 was born out of NEW MMO players and the ones who played it LOVED it..

Now AC2 is reborn and there is no doubt that new and old players alike, of the AC franchise, will play the game.

So where does this leave us? Where does this leave Turbine?

AC3...

Sandbox world..

No class system..

Awesome PvP

World enteractions ( no auction house)

Value over currency (world drops)

Crafting

Twitch, skill based combat,,

Hunt, kill, gather, reward..

Guild system,,,

Patron system,,,

Magic system...

No HOLEY TRINITY,,

Lets break the minds of WOW kiddies! The children brought up and a age of Rift, WOW, and Tera,,

Make AC3 and make it your way..Make it the turbine way! Make it the AC1 way! Someone has to step out and take a chance. And turbine is the Co to do it,

These are just my drunken ramdon thoughts...

Buy out =25

Plat=5

Heart=3

shard=2

15 min snipe

Go!

Even in Asheron's Call 1 there was the Holy Trinity or did you forget the fact that people with Life Magic could heal and buff others? Or the fact that after buff bot addons were added you could find them at your monarchs place or in towns. I dont know why people are so against the Holy Trinity seeing that it existed as far back as D&D 1.0e. WOW, Rift, and Tera didnt invent the Holy Trinity they made it more pronounced. Oh and just for the record OP never compare Tera to Rift and WOW they are 2 completely different types of MMORPG's. Tera is an action based MMO where you have to have constant raid type awareness, WOW and Rift are just plain button smashers.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Proof positive alcohol impairs judgment.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

In Asheron's Call 3, I hope they do a linear stories (multiple) for it and a set chosen path to go. Get good voice actors for it, like SWTOR did. Add some races for a bit more variety, but all should merge together into one. Also, I want to see a lot of instances, and a heavy focus on raiding. For PVP, I don't want open world pvp where you can get killed anywhere...I want to see battlegrounds and arenas.

Also, there should be tank/healer/dps, and add a crowd control class too (a lot of MMOs remove crowd control focused classes). It isn't really an RPG without them.

For raiding, people should be able to solo while leveling...but once they reach the end game, they either do battlegrounds and arenas. Or join a raid guild, cause you shouldn't be able to do anything in the game by yourself at max level. WoW and many MMOs do this and are very successful. If you want to solo, just do pvp battlegrounds and arenas.

For story, definitely do something like SWTOR...but make the world actually change and matter, like what WoW did with Cataclysm. And going with the world motto...don't do what SWTOR did and make everything extremely static. Have npcs move around and what not, like what WoW does...WoW world is very alive. WoW even has a day/night cycle, which is an amazing feature many new MMOs leave out of their game.

Those features would make AC3 a huge hit, and not a niche that Asheron's Call 1 and 2 currently are.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Originally posted by blackcat35

His drunken ramdom thoughts make complete sense to someone who's actually played Asheron's Call. Drunk or sober.

Yep, to this day the best MMO ever and one in which I routinely stop in to do a few weeks of solid gaming.  Close to 14 years of MMO gaming in that game and hardly anything I would change about it.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

In Asheron's Call 3, I hope they do a linear stories (multiple) for it and a set chosen path to go. Get good voice actors for it, like SWTOR did. Add some races for a bit more variety, but all should merge together into one. Also, I want to see a lot of instances, and a heavy focus on raiding. For PVP, I don't want open world pvp where you can get killed anywhere...I want to see battlegrounds and arenas.

Also, there should be tank/healer/dps, and add a crowd control class too (a lot of MMOs remove crowd control focused classes). It isn't really an RPG without them.

For raiding, people should be able to solo while leveling...but once they reach the end game, they either do battlegrounds and arenas. Or join a raid guild, cause you shouldn't be able to do anything in the game by yourself at max level. WoW and many MMOs do this and are very successful. If you want to solo, just do pvp battlegrounds and arenas.

For story, definitely do something like SWTOR...but make the world actually change and matter, like what WoW did with Cataclysm. And going with the world motto...don't do what SWTOR did and make everything extremely static. Have npcs move around and what not, like what WoW does...WoW world is very alive. WoW even has a day/night cycle, which is an amazing feature many new MMOs leave out of their game.

Those features would make AC3 a huge hit, and not a niche that Asheron's Call 1 and 2 currently are.

So in other words you want WoW 2.0.  No thanks I'll pass.  If you do AC3, you do everything liek the original but integrate in some of the solid quality life game play elements.  Things like Mouse over pop-ups, Solid Auction House and Mailboxes and a Quest Finder.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

So in other words you want WoW 2.0.  No thanks I'll pass.  If you do AC3, you do everything liek the original but integrate in some of the solid quality life game play elements.  Things like Mouse over pop-ups, Solid Auction House and Mailboxes and a Quest Finder.

I love how you assume that AC3 would be a WOW Clone then ask for features that are in WOW.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"