Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which features are missing? and why you cry so much?

edenzeroedenzero Member Posts: 16

I know there has been so much nitpicking about the game by not having all the features available in korea mainly along others, i might think they wanted first to let the flow insteand of people rushing things..i could sincerely careless but others seem to not.

ive seen reviews and gameplay videos in youtube, so far ive liked, i just loled when people said ''no tera combat, this game is bad''...anyway i know the West especially NA is a bitching place where the game has to circle around them for they like it because if not is a bad game, even the smallest thing must be like they like (or like used to be in their last game) if not is a bad game, like if they were somekind of pro critics.

I play games (RPGs) for features which could bring me fun and i like to do all things, from craft/quests to just combat or just sit or explore, if the game require me to farm 1 billion mobs (lineage 2) so be it, if the game requires me to sit in and queue like an idiot (wow) so be it, if the game requires me to (x) so be it, i dont go nitpicking around like so many NA people do.

so why so many people has that kind of attitude? I mean there wont be another game which will be like the one you loved (i used to love RE series...RE2 was awesome, but RE6 was a FPS rollercoaster like CoD with even auto save points..still i had to accept it and play), is it so hard to just adapt and accept and play...or just walk away insteand of nitpicking?

That is what i wanted to share because for an incoming game, something like this should get into some people heads, having unrealistic expectations which some are even impossible.

The other and most important thing which i couldnt find:

Which features are missing? exactly which and what was modified from what was promised (to the people who played CBTs) especially the part of Features disabled, because since there is a chance for Trion to bring this game how was released in Korea insteand of the current state (or the state which will be when it launch)

Thanks and i apologize if you see grammar error, english is not my main language.

Comments

• AkerbeltzAkerbeltz Member UncommonPosts: 170

My greatest concern is that they don't dumb down or travesty the game concept to pander to the anxiety-driven, spoon-fed, gimme-gimme-all-now type of western players.

Then, there are 2 things that I really don't like, hopefully they still can be tweaked:

- Lack of Item Decay: Big, big mistake as I think it's gonna affect the viability of a player driven economy and therefore, the possibility for a true and meaningful metagame.

- Too much CC in PvP: It diesn't concern me as much as the previous one but, still, I find CC driven combat pretty annoying and not really immersive. I miss those UO fluid combats  where you could be like 15 mins to beat a skilled opponent. Personal preference in any case...

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Missing:

-Sieges (were there in CBT, but are currently turned off)

-Player Factions

Both of the above are core, at least in my view, to the AA end game. 

Also missing still, 4 of the initially mentioned 8 races. (Dwarves, Faries, Returned & Warborn)

Modified:

-Item Decay/Repair mechanic (items currently can get worn, but never break or cease to function)

The above can be a game killer as items build up and eventually every one has 9 Ultimate Swords of Ass Kicking laying about in the bank.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by edenzero

I play games (RPGs) for features which could bring me fun and i like to do all things, from craft/quests to just combat or just sit or explore, if the game require me to farm 1 billion mobs (lineage 2) so be it, if the game requires me to sit in and queue like an idiot (wow) so be it, if the game requires me to (x) so be it, i dont go nitpicking around like so many NA people do.

so why so many people has that kind of attitude?

Time for a fun Friday food analogy.

Some people will eat anything that is put down in front of them, they don't care, if it's fit for human consumption, down the hatch it goes.

In fact, if a person is starving from a lack of anything to eat (or good, quality MMORPG's that suit their tastes) they likely be willing to toss their preferences and consume anything (like boring, rehased MMO's or titles missing preferred features)

But as with food, most people when given a choice have preferences, and will eat heartily from some food groups (or MMO types) and eschew food items from others (like beets, ugh, or standard theme park games)

And of course, if people are well fed, rich and somewhat spoiled, then they will really get picky about their food, eating only certain brands of caviar, or ketchup (must be Heinz) and perhaps missing out on some good eating experiences because they are locked into their preconceptions.  (and you won't convince them otherwise). 

Same with gaming, people sometimes fail to see the forest for the trees and let one feature of the game's design keep them from even considering what the rest of the title has to offer. (See TES fans who are vehemently against the faction locked world design of TESO)

Many posters here hate the current state of the market so badly that they've give up on the genre entirely, some for several years now, but they still post here because they enjoy it, and I assume have some hope that one day the designs will change to something they might like.

Me, I'm sort of like the starving man, I play lots of MMO's that come out, even many of the new ones because there's no real good choices, but I only stick with them a few months and move on because I don't really enjoy them.

Will I enjoy ArcheAge?  Maybe, has a lot of interesting ideas, but if they don't get some things straightened out before launch like a solid sieging system, then I might end up passing on it until they do.(because territory control is one of my key features that I want in my MMO's today)

Edit: Yeah, I'm defintinely spoiled. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• edenzeroedenzero Member Posts: 16

i see, thanks for the info.

edit: so it seems they have lot of features wich arent actived, so insteand of releasing new content like (chronicles from Lineage 2) they are just going to ''open/activate the features'' by time pass. Hmm i would prefer everything activated in NA release.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by edenzero

ive seen reviews and gameplay videos in youtube, so far ive liked, i just loled when people said ''no tera combat, this game is bad''...anyway i know the West especially NA is a bitching place where the game has to circle around them for they like it because if not is a bad game, even the smallest thing must be like they like (or like used to be in their last game) if not is a bad game, like if they were somekind of pro critics.

lmao so true.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It's really hard to say what's missing w/o playing. I'm concerned about the pk system. Are there reasons beyond just murder? I've heard you can rob a person carring building materials. Is this just a once a week thing, or is it something I can make happen?

My biggest concern is what is already in. Levels, questing and classes. I just don't know if I can level to cap in a traditional format again.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Xl games just put the Seige system and 3rd continent features on the Test server today. BCFido is in the middle of it all, so he will be recording all the new stuff in the next couple of days.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    I was starting to read, hoping for some sort of review, until it turned into a soapbox rant about the West.
  • edenzeroedenzero Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    I was starting to read, hoping for some sort of review, until it turned into a soapbox rant about the West.

I dont think the tittle is a misslead to a review.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Todays, March 9th, Test Server patch has turned on Sieges it seems.