Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghosts n Goblins as an online game!?

rpg_gunnerrpg_gunner Member Posts: 80

Introduction to Ghosts and Goblins: Some tips for playing

I’ve been trying out a new game called ‘Ghosts ‘n Goblins Online’. It’s currently out in beta for just over a week. Some say that its release has been many years in the making. This is especially since it comes after the classic titles from the SNES. It's basically a side scrolling game that bears some similarities to the game Dungeon & Fighter. In that game, people enter a dungeon and survive until the end against waves of enemies.

I tried out the Archer class and I found that the experience was akin to the Metal Slug series which featured a lot of side scrolling and surviving multiple enemies.

Computer Specifications for getting the game to work

Minimum specifications: dual core CPU, NVIDIA Geforce 6600, Ram 1G

Recommended specifications: dual core CPU 2.0Ghz, NVIDIA Geforce 7600, Ram 2G

These are actually lesser than the specifications required by more memory heavy MMORPGs that are out there today. This is great news for me since I didn’t have to worry about getting a powerful computer. I’ll save up for that system later on. The rest of the information about computer requirements can be taken from the official website. That’s where I looked to check for compatibility.

Choose the class that fits you, then go save the princess

The classes in ‘Ghosts 'n Goblins Online’ are divided into 4. You have the Knight, Archer, Conjurer, and Fighter. These classes can further become diversified after getting access to the job switching option later on. So which one should you choose based on their abilities? Here is a short synopsis of each one:

a. The Knight is a melee character that uses a sword and is capable of continuous attacks. This class allows you to perform counter-attacks followed by a powerful single blow. Add that to some hefty vitality points and you have a walking tank that is capable of taking punishment. It is slow in both move speed and attack speed though.

b. The Archer is the classic long-ranged character that excels in dealing damage. This is the one I am currently using since I like to be far away before the enemy mobs can close in on me. The interesting part is the mobility granted by the character. Personally, I would recommend it for new players, especially those who want to get the hang of combat.

c. The Conjurer is the equivalent of the wizard in other RPG games. While the attacks are slow, this character is capable of handling multiple opponents with the use of different spells. This is useful for quicker stage clearing and enemy killing. This might be better for leveling up as well. Keeping tabs on your mana is the key to survival.

d. The Fighter is the damager melee class. It has limited range compared to the knight since it relies on knuckles as its weapon. To compensate, there are abilities that can affect enemies from beyond melee range which makes this character a great harasser even at early levels. (So far only available in beta)

Changing jobs in a nutshell:

You may change jobs if you so choose to do so. Be warned though that you have to reach level 15 for the job change to be done. Visit the witch, Miraki, in town and take her quest. You can do skill initialization when you change jobs.

As for changing jobs, you can change jobs if you visit witch, Miraki and take a test of seed after reaching level 15. All the skill initialization you can do is the initialization at the time of changing jobs. Remember that the higher your rank, the more experience and Lits (currency) you will get.

My own experience:

Like I mentioned earlier, I am focusing on an archer build. I really enjoy it since it has high mobility and can move around stages pretty easily. You can also focus on the attack speed and take down enemies faster and more efficiently. This is really a great class for soloing missions and training. However, I realized the hard way that I am not as tough as the other characters. This character is fragile and its best to keep your distance when taking on enemies. Shoot, run, then shoot again. It’s the basic strategy for keeping them at bay. Sometimes, you may think that swarms become hard to handle due to the sheer number of enemies. You can remedy this problem by taking skills that knockback your enemies. This way, you can focus on attacking those that come closer, one at a time.

I know that the character classes are very different from each other. But, I guess that’s the beauty in playing as a party later on (which I might cover in the future). I admit that I am a beginner but I have had experience with sidescroller games before. So I guess I have an idea on what to do here. I’m thinking of what character to use next.

What class do you think I should try out next? If you would play this game, what class would you use?

Comments

• SlamDuncanSlamDuncan Member Posts: 12
    How come you were able to play this game? 

Good better best, never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best. -Tim Duncan

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I can see it now, you play from level 1 to max level, only to be told it was a trick, and then have to start from level 1 again to really get to max level!

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• MediBlastMediBlast Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by SlamDuncan

you always have an access to upcoming games for this year, you are so lucky

• rpg_gunnerrpg_gunner Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by korr
    I can see it now, you play from level 1 to max level, only to be told it was a trick, and then have to start from level 1 again to really get to max level!

They let you play beta then at the end all your progress gets erased! Noooooo.

Well I wish it doesn't happen that way. Not expecting to keep anything from beta except the experience of trying the game out.

Asking for favors such as bribing with lots of Red Bull. >_>

At least that's what my friend wanted for it.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

What...Is.. This...madness???

Part of me is VERY intrigued. 

Is this for real? I would be very interested in trying something like this... I played a Super Mario MMORPG beta that never went anywhere and violated about a million Copyrite laws- but had a TON of potential and was actually fun (although unfinished)- I am not even a fan of Super mario but it was a pretty cool project.

Ghould and ghosts/Ghost and Goblins was one of my favorites in the arcade and on Sega genesis and I would be very interested in this if true.

Like I said @Mediblast. It wasn't cheap. T_T
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

hahaha that name brings back good memories..

Originally posted by rpg_gunner

Asking for favors such as bribing with lots of Red Bull. >_>

At least that's what my friend wanted for it.

Who is that friend of yours? I'm going to bribe your friend as well so that I can also try to play this game. Man, lucky you. I loved this game before.

Good better best, never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best. -Tim Duncan

Originally posted by Caldrin

I know! hahaha! i'm excited to see the english version of this game. I'm sure this will defeat dota, lol and minecraft hahahahahaha!

Originally posted by Jacxolope

Is this for real? I would be very interested in trying something like this... I played a Super Mario MMORPG beta that never went anywhere and violated about a million Copyrite laws- but had a TON of potential and was actually fun (although unfinished)- I am not even a fan of Super mario but it was a pretty cool project.

Ghould and ghosts/Ghost and Goblins was one of my favorites in the arcade and on Sega genesis and I would be very interested in this if true.

I never knew that Super Mario had an MMORPG beta. Atleast you were able to play that. 

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

I never knew that Super Mario had an MMORPG beta. Atleast you were able to play that. 

It was cool- Was kinda more a "multi-player" as opposed to an MMORPG since at most I saw maybe 20 people online atr once (guessing) and it was NOT official.

They had some great ideals, player housing and shops (were not in-) yet...It was 2D and looked just like the Super mario 3. That was back around 2002.2003 or something. I will look for a link and see if I can find any info... It didnt last long.

-But a Ghould and Ghosts game would be sweet.!!!!!!!

EDIT: Just googled it and evidently there seems to be many of them that were in beta (doesnt look like any made it out)... They were all newer than the one I tried but..Crazy. 

You mean something along the lines of this: http://www.ampgames.com/game/326/Ghosts-and-Goblins.html#.UTmfRNb-FaA

Really bringing it back!

I'm waiting for it too. So far no word of who's taking over the project for a Western release. Really hyped me when I saw that you could form a party when adventuring. At least it won't be too difficult to finish stages!

It was cool- Was kinda more a "multi-player" as opposed to an MMORPG since at most I saw maybe 20 people online atr once (guessing) and it was NOT official.

They had some great ideals, player housing and shops (were not in-) yet...It was 2D and looked just like the Super mario 3. That was back around 2002.2003 or something. I will look for a link and see if I can find any info... It didnt last long.

-But a Ghould and Ghosts game would be sweet.!!!!!!!

EDIT: Just googled it and evidently there seems to be many of them that were in beta (doesnt look like any made it out)... They were all newer than the one I tried but..Crazy. 

If ever you find a video about that games thanks for that. Too bad it didn't push thru. I guess many were disappointed at the cancellation of that game.

True, Ghosts N Goblins is going to be sweet. Planning to choose either the Fighter or the Knight class in remembrance to Sir Arthur. 

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

You mean something along the lines of this: http://www.ampgames.com/game/326/Ghosts-and-Goblins.html#.UTmfRNb-FaA

Really bringing it back!

Git now how an I suppose to work today LOL..

Sorry Duncan, you can't bribe my friend enough. Well maybe you can. :p

Anyway, I'll be updating you on what else I uncover about the game!

Sorry Duncan, you can't bribe my friend enough. Well maybe you can. :p

Anyway, I'll be updating you on what else I uncover about the game!

Thanks for that! Tell your friend I'll give more energy drinks or what more than what you gave him/her. :)

Like I said @Mediblast. It wasn't cheap. T_T

What are you talking about? ahaha

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

OMG need beta key! NOW!

It´s GHOSTS ´N GOBLINS !

THEME WITH LYRICS!!!->click<-

Did they put in the original music? Please let me know!

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by FromHell

OMG need beta key! NOW!

It´s GHOSTS ´N GOBLINS !

THEME WITH LYRICS!!!->click<-

Did they put in the original music? Please let me know!

I'm not sure about the music. But I loved how they managed to make something as dark as a cemetery look cute due to the graphics. And beta was until March 11 only I think. T_T

Originally posted by FromHell

some gameplay videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M1ivnou5no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ2F3_RAnx4

Thanks! I've seen these too. Excited about the PvP part but the match looked one-sided from the start. Hehe

I just finished watching some vids of this game, and I find it really promising and interesting. any updates?
    Git now how an I suppose to work today LOL..

No time to work. More time playing!

Just kidding. Don't get too carried away with the game haha