Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Conflict

injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142
Has anyone played this? Looks like Internet Spaceships are becoming a fad again!

Comments

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Didn't try it but I won't bother with it either. Lobby based 16 man team fights, not my cup of tea :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Lame, and pay2win lobby game. Pretty much like Moonbreaker.

Not touching any of these space slot machines, waiting for a real space sim, Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Why is this in the Eve forum?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Because people are jealous EVE is so good and they can't get into it so they try and tempt people away with poor games that are a tiny bit like EVE (spacey is enough)

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Dalmont
    Because people are jealous EVE is so good and they can't get into it so they try and tempt people away with poor games that are a tiny bit like EVE (spacey is enough)

It doesn't have to mean they're jealous of EVE. Maybe they think they'll get the best opinion about the game on this section or something since the game is "sci-fi space combat". :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• splitcoldsplitcold Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by FromHell

Lame, and pay2win lobby game. Pretty much like Moonbreaker.

Not touching any of these space slot machines, waiting for a real space sim, Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous.

It's not planned to make this game a P2W game.

All Gold weapons and ships are equal or less efficient than credit items.

The only advantage you gain by Gold items is that you need less time to unlock them and Gold ships have their synergy level on max on purchase.

Get your shit straight before talking shit.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

I personally love the lobby based fight games.  I've been playing World of Tanks since launch, been in the Mechwarrior Beta for a year now and play several lobby based FPS titles.

In fact, I wish EVE would implement a carefully controlled arena where people can sign up to PVP in groups or solo.  I would be all over that.  Instead of flying around for 20 hours to find a fight, I could log on, sign up and be fighting right away.

• Attend4455Attend4455 Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by h0urg1ass

In fact, I wish EVE would implement a carefully controlled arena where people can sign up to PVP in groups or solo.  I would be all over that.  Instead of flying around for 20 hours to find a fight, I could log on, sign up and be fighting right away.

actually EVE does have this, it's called Red v Blue, login, join channel R-V-B and ask how to join.

Hope that helps

I sometimes make spelling and grammar errors but I don't pretend it's because I'm using a phone

Originally posted by Attend4455

actually EVE does have this, it's called Red v Blue, login, join channel R-V-B and ask how to join.

Hope that helps

Nope, not what I want at all.  I want an arena that is coded into the game with strict, enforceable rules.  The game checks a player when he tries to enter the arena "Does player have officer mods on his ship?"  If yes, disallow entry, if no, then move to next item on the list.

I basically want the EVE Alliance tournament to run year round with the option to sign up anywhere from 1v1 to 100v100 alliance battles.

If someone doesn't like it, then they can do what they do with all over EVE content they don't like; don't participate in it.  Pretty simple really.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Hope that helps

Nope, not what I want at all.  I want an arena that is coded into the game with strict, enforceable rules.  The game checks a player when he tries to enter the arena "Does player have officer mods on his ship?"  If yes, disallow entry, if no, then move to next item on the list.

I basically want the EVE Alliance tournament to run year round with the option to sign up anywhere from 1v1 to 100v100 alliance battles.

If someone doesn't like it, then they can do what they do with all over EVE content they don't like; don't participate in it.  Pretty simple really.

Hopefully, this will never happen. It's up to the players to create and enforce rules of this kind, that's the whole point of EVE.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by Malcanis

Hope that helps

Hopefully, this will never happen. It's up to the players to create and enforce rules of this kind, that's the whole point of EVE.

Then we need to get rid of the Alliance tournament too.  Afterall, it's up to the players to create this kind of content.