Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well....was only a matter of time (incoming "lettuce")

BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Not going to pass judgement yet, but seems they are going to ....in a very slow crawl..bring back some  PS1 elements.

old vets will also recognize what they may bring back the lattice system.

cant help but feel that this decision is going to come back and bite them. we'll see

Comments

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

I would come back for some of the ps1 systems.  Everything i hear about what PS1 did made the game sound a lot more complex than PS2.

PS2 was fantastic as a "holy crap theres a lot of stuff going on" type of game.  There was zero depth to anything that was done however...and eventually it got boring and stale.  You could tell exactly how every base fight was going to go, ever time.

Flipping a base in PS1 sound a lot more tactical and engaging than it is in PS2.

However, not sure it will fix the overal lack of a meta game, lack of any progression and feeling of accomplishment...and in the end still be that free shooter game that when the urge strikes i may fire up.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Honestly I'm shocked SoE had anything to do with this game as it is the best game they've been involved with since Everquest 1 or Pre NGE SWG.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Beanpuie

Not going to pass judgement yet, but seems they are going to ....in a very slow crawl..bring back some  PS1 elements.

old vets will also recognize what they may bring back the lattice system.

cant help but feel that this decision is going to come back and bite them. we'll see

I never played PS1 so i have no clue whats happening in that twitter image. Is it good?, bad?, 50-50?

The blue paths look like linear paths to certain outposts. But i dont think thats it..... game is too open (which is good) to have linear paths (which is not so good)