Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

Almost everyone who plays EVE has 2+ accounts, most people I see tend to have 3...but not sure if that is the norm.

So it is more like around 250k, which isn't actually very much at all.

Source?

I mean, since you repeatedly state that as fact, you've got a source you can share, right, Scav?

lmao come on now there is no way you can denie that players do shadowbox or in anouther words run two accounts at the same time. Other MMO's allow it like hmm lets say WoW they love to let players run 2 or more accounts at one time. So I can very easy believe that EVE players will do the same.

Can you prove that they dont?image

Well, yours truly has been running 1 account for several years now, so the number is already wrong :P.

That said, I've met people running 10 paid accounts, so it could be even less unique people.

(Does it really matter? I think not.)

i was in a small mining corp, there was about 8 players with a single account, and 1 guy with like 5.. so.. it probably averages out at 2 per...image

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by Isturi Originally posted by Loktofeit Originally posted by TheScavenger Almost everyone who plays EVE has 2+ accounts, most people I see tend to have 3...but not sure if that is the norm. So it is more like around 250k, which isn't actually very much at all.
    Source? I mean, since you repeatedly state that as fact, you've got a source you can share, right, Scav?  
    lmao come on now there is no way you can denie that players do shadowbox or in anouther words run two accounts at the same time. Other MMO's allow it like hmm lets say WoW they love to let players run 2 or more accounts at one time. So I can very easy believe that EVE players will do the same. Can you prove that they dont?
    Well, yours truly has been running 1 account for several years now, so the number is already wrong :P.

That said, I've met people running 10 paid accounts, so it could be even less unique people.

every decent 0.0 capital pilot/spy/industrialist runs >3 accounts, simple.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Reading people desperately trying to downplay or discredit the success of Eve puts a big kool aid smile on my face.  Keep up the bad work!

it is amusing watching them try to reconcile the facts with theem knowing that everything about EVE is wrong. The best ones are when they simply accuse CCP of outright lying.

BTW the best examples are actually in the DUST 514 forum here. There are some dudes in there who are desperate for Dust to fail.

Thought it already had failed really, mostly the problems people had with dust is that it was on the ps3, that in itself made the game a bit rubbish, and with other better MMOFPS games around now on the PC, its unlikely to ever be released on the PC anyway, i think attention now is on World of Darkness with Dust being pretty much history now. image

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Phry

Almost everyone who plays EVE has 2+ accounts, most people I see tend to have 3...but not sure if that is the norm.

Source?

I mean, since you repeatedly state that as fact, you've got a source you can share, right, Scav?

lmao come on now there is no way you can denie that players do shadowbox or in anouther words run two accounts at the same time. Other MMO's allow it like hmm lets say WoW they love to let players run 2 or more accounts at one time. So I can very easy believe that EVE players will do the same.

i was in a small mining corp, there was about 8 players with a single account, and 1 guy with like 5.. so.. it probably averages out at 2 per...image

Well just like someone stated above I have only 1 account and better yet only 1 character :P I am not the norm I know but most have between 2-3 accounts and the 1 offs like me aren't that rare either so even factoring in the extreme cases (5-6 accounts, though having more than 3 is really counterproductive since CCP are violently against bots/macros) the game population should be around 250k-300k active players which makes sense because as an old veteran of EVE I can tell you in 2007 you'd get a peak of around 30k users online and ~20k around non-peak times, nowadayys it seems that non-peak has doubled and the peak is around ~47k ish on a single server. To put that in perspective there are no systems anywhere in EVE-Online that does not see activity at least once a day, the only exceptions being C6 wormholes and maybe some C5s, compare that to WoW where you have entire zones on medium pop server which are dead as a doornob and you get the idea.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Source?

From almost every reply of yours on this forum I get the feeling English is a second language for you as there's the words on the screen and then there's your interpretation of them. No one has ever questioned that there are some players with more than one account in MMOs. EVER. 

Scav stated that "almost everyone who plays EVE has 2+ accounts."  I'm interested in what he is basing that on. If it's anecdotal, fine, but then that also means his conclusion about the actual number of players is an uneducated guess, as well.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Dihoru   To put that in perspective there are no systems anywhere in EVE-Online that does not see activity at least once a day, the only exceptions being C6 wormholes and maybe some C5s, compare that to WoW where you have entire zones on medium pop server which are dead as a doornob and you get the idea.

When Eyjo relayed a while ago that the least traveled system still has 400 pilots passing through it a day, I found that an incredible statistic considering the number of systems and how remote some of them are.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Dihoru   To put that in perspective there are no systems anywhere in EVE-Online that does not see activity at least once a day, the only exceptions being C6 wormholes and maybe some C5s, compare that to WoW where you have entire zones on medium pop server which are dead as a doornob and you get the idea.

When Eyjo relayed a while ago that the least traveled system still has 400 pilots passing through it a day, I found that an incredible statistic considering the number of systems and how remote some of them are.

That's because in high-sec you have 3/10 and 4/10 plex exploration to do which can reward you 200-300 mil isk with a lucky drop in 30 min of work and explorers go for less travelled areas for higher chances to get something, in low sec again there's exploration which in this case refers to radars and magneometric sites because they can be worth 30-40 mil a pop for next to no danger or effort, in 0.0 you have ratting in NPC 0.0 (for officer and faction spawns), pvp, mining, high level exploration and in conquerable 0.0 it's pretty much the same but without the chance of officer spawns (that big anyway) and as for wormhole space as long as it is relatively accessible you'll have people running around trying to kill each other and get sleeper loot.

• WorrynotWorrynot Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Mdpats
    A few of those are probably trial accounts which will cancel soon afterwards from trying the game.  Which means the number is false.

Read the OP again. Reading comprehension is hard.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Playing since 2009 and running no more than one account. That said, it doesn't really matter how many players a game has if the population is large enough, which is the case in EVE.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Reading people desperately trying to downplay or discredit the success of Eve puts a big kool aid smile on my face.  Keep up the bad work!

it is amusing watching them try to reconcile the facts with theem knowing that everything about EVE is wrong. The best ones are when they simply accuse CCP of outright lying.

BTW the best examples are actually in the DUST 514 forum here. There are some dudes in there who are desperate for Dust to fail.

Thought it already had failed really, mostly the problems people had with dust is that it was on the ps3, that in itself made the game a bit rubbish, and with other better MMOFPS games around now on the PC, its unlikely to ever be released on the PC anyway, i think attention now is on World of Darkness with Dust being pretty much history now. image

A classic example of this.

Give me liberty or give me lasers