Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get a free beta key!

Comments

• LinaksLinaks Member UncommonPosts: 13

Natural Section 2 = 90

got also a key and i have succesfully redeemed it :)

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

After a million refreshes finally got 1 I thought I had the answer for, ended up getting this back from them (after) confirming the email address I used.

Thank you for confirming your digital subscription to PC Gamer! Please find your unique code below.

Is that the number? Or just a confirmation of a lottery drawing? It talks about validating your entry, but there was no instructions on what to do with the "unique code"...

Oh nm, I went ahead to the beat site and redeemed it, got the pale horse thanks guy! Much appreciated.

If it helps anyone, here are some of the questions I was asked.

What score did we give Natural Selection 2?
    Who wrote our Incredipede review?
    In our masthead on page 5, who is our art editor?
    What is the headline of our 007 Legends review?
    Which company's lap top is reviewed on page 93?
    Who wrote our Neverwinter feature?
    What is the headline of our Far Cry 3 review?
    What's the background color of our GOTY awards feature?
    Which Neverwinter class is mentioned first in "Classes" on page 38?
    Which game is previewed on page 26?
    How many screenshots of Minecraft run on page 15?
    Which PC Gamer editor is presenting the Giftageddon? (Page 98)
    Who wrote the review for the Radeon HD 7870 OC Edition GPU?
    Who authored the award write-up for Euro Truck Simulator 2?
    Who is the advertiser on page 66?
    Who writes the "You're Playing" letter in our Send section?
    On which page did we publish the review score for the Radeon HD 7870 OC Edition GPU?

What is the headline of our Viking: Battle For Asgard review?
    #4 game of the Top 10 Downloads (page 85)

What's the headline of our Neverwinter feature?

• STARSBarrySTARSBarry Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by saker

After a million refreshes finally got 1 I thought I had the answer for, ended up getting this back from them (after) confirming the email address I used.

Thank you for confirming your digital subscription to PC Gamer! Please find your unique code below.

Is that the number? Or just a confirmation of a lottery drawing? It talks about validating your entry, but there was no instructions on what to do with the "unique code"...

yes thats your code.... please read the bottem of my OP its hidden in there perhaps I need to seperate and bold it more 

I also reposted it about 3 posts above yours

EDIT: NVM you did it still gonna improve the guide on front page

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Seriously?  The mag is 99 cents to buy.

lol

Originally posted by jdnyc

lol

problem is I live in the UK 

ONLY THE USA EDITION contained a beta key, I live in the UK we got a company of heroes key for steam (A game I already own) some places in the world do not even get PC Gamer in any format this thread is for people like them who just happen to also want to play D&D without slamming down 70 euros

it is a sad fact that there is a world outside of the USA please attempt to remember this fact next time you take a geography exam or topical quiz

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

lol

1. they left up the site with 1 question (if they had 4 questions out of a possible of 100 questions it would've retarded any such activities, just saying);

2. F2P game;

3. people who take a key now and like the game are probably more likely to get founders packs;

4. more people playing it = more publicity, end of story.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Thnx a lot !!!

Got my key too :)

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Entering my key, i got a message that it was already used.

Originally posted by Volgore
    Entering my key, i got a message that it was already used.

that is a spot of bad luck... and its one per email address....

if you do not have a second email adress you can use, the problem is normally you would contact PW support and open a ticket.... however since we are.... techniquely abusing a loophole left open by the magazine company that supplied these keys im not sure how they are going to react to this...

Originally posted by Dihoru

lol

1. they left up the site with 1 question (if they had 4 questions out of a possible of 100 questions it would've retarded any such activities, just saying);

2. F2P game;

3. people who take a key now and like the game are probably more likely to get founders packs;

My question is does it even say you're in beta for using the key?  They make it sound like that key was only for access to the first beta in their FAQ.

lol

2. F2P game;

My question is does it even say you're in beta for using the key?  They make it sound like that key was only for access to the first beta in their FAQ.

Worth a try either way, if not I won't be risking the money for a founder pack blindly (even though I liked what I saw in streams I am more the try first, buy after type).

lol

2. F2P game;

CONFIRMED SET IN STONE BETA PARTICIPATION!

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:

• Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.
    Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

YET TO BE REVEALED

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    • And more!

so bassicaly its a beta key.... will it work for next beta... no idea in hell but its better than no beta key at all
    Originally posted by STARSBarry

lol

it is a sad fact that there is a world outside of the USA please attempt to remember this fact next time you take a geography exam or topical quiz

lol....sure buddy. 

Originally posted by STARSBarry

so bassicaly its a beta key.... will it work for next beta... no idea in hell but its better than no beta key at all

True.  More about the chance of spreading false information and false hope with no confirmation either way.

Below in question could raise doubt if that key still gets you into Beta however.

Here's the quote.

The PC Gamer Magazine, January 8th issue contained a code for one of two random mounts. This key also grants beta access for the upcoming Beta.

Here's the link.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?36451-The-Beta-Anxiety-Thread-(Read-OP-for-Details)

Note the post was made on 02/04/13, so the upcoming Beta would be the first Beta.  That Beta is now gone.

Oh I should use 04/02/13, wouldn't want to sully your international sensibilities with our New World way of thinking.

Perhaps it will still work.  More players the better.  Eitherway, you get a horse.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Crazy, it worked.

No confirmation mail but it looks like it worked. Key is accepted.

Worth a try either way, if not I won't be risking the money for a founder pack blindly (even though I liked what I saw in streams I am more the try first, buy after type).

You could always wait until the game launches then.  It is F2P, as you yourself pointed out.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

You could always wait until the game launches then.  It is F2P, as you yourself pointed out.

Why bother. Just don't play at all if you don't really want to play ;)

True but at that point the founders packs will cease to be around ergo no way to invest directly in the game and it is far easier to explain to the family having spent 40-50 euros on a game rather than on in-game items ^^.

Originally posted by jazz.be

Why bother. Just don't play at all if you don't really want to play ;)

Well the game is a heck of a lot of fun....so....there is that.

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    worked for me thanks dude.image

True but at that point the founders packs will cease to be around ergo no way to invest directly in the game and it is far easier to explain to the family having spent 40-50 euros on a game rather than on in-game items ^^.

Ah.  gotcha.  Well, hopefully this key will work for the next beta.  If not, I'm sure there will be other options.  I would check this site as a primary one.  They seem to be all over the info with this game and Cryptic is well aware of MMORPG's support.  Just be vigilant about it.  If/when the keys drop, they'll probably go pretty quick.

Ah.  gotcha.  Well, hopefully this key will work for the next beta.  If not, I'm sure there will be other options.  I would check this site as a primary one.  They seem to be all over the info with this game and Cryptic is well aware of MMORPG's support.  Just be vigilant about it.  If/when the keys drop, they'll probably go pretty quick.

Likelyhood is I won't catch any, I've seen 1-2 events like that but they always seem to be centered around US times when I am either afk or asleep. Just wanna get in a beta and see how good the game is, at the very least I'll know after if the game will be worth me working on providing a reason for those with money to buy and trade cash shop currency (I do have quite a bit of time and a knack for blowing through mobs with a dwarf quite readily) and at the very most I'll get the 60$ option (bit strapped for cash but if the game's worth it, and my faith in cryptic is moderate after what they've been doing in STO, which is an improvement btw, I'll drop it on a guardian pack ^^ I liked DDO but always hated the gated content,this just looks to be DDO 2 but better in every way, thus far).

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Worked.

Thanks =)

• cooleechang1cooleechang1 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Here are some Anwser.

In our masthead on page 5, who is our art editor? 

John Strike

Which company's lap top is reviewed on page 93?

Razer

Who wrote our Neverwinter feature?

Kat Bailey

What is the headline of our Far Cry 3 review? 

BIG GAME HUNTING

Which Neverwinter class is mentioned first in "Classes" on page 38? 

Great Weapon Fighter

IBB and BOB

How many screenshots of Minecraft run on page 15?

Which PC Gamer editor is presenting the Giftageddon? (Page 98) 

Evan Lahti

Who is the advertiser on page 66? 

GameFly

Note: 2nd Email after you verify is where you get the code.  Bottom in tiny letter.  Something like this.

Your unique code in this competition is: "CODE HERE"

Go to NeverWinter to redeem the Code

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96

Not sure how "Random" the horse codes really are. I might just be unlucky though, i was wanting the black horse.

• Key Redeemed
    • PC Gamer (Pale Horse)
    • PC Gamer (Pale Horse)
    • PC Gamer (Pale Horse)
    • PC Gamer (Pale Horse)
    • PC Gamer (Pale Horse)