Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

crafting/trading questions

snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Ok so im a bit confused. I was reading a thread from a few pages back and they said there is no auction house.

So with that said, how does someone who wants to craft make money? I was really hoping to play this game with crafting and trading in mind. 

Also how in depth is the crafting. Is it like wow's basic crafting or like Vanguard's?

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Player Shops. 

Each city has a limited amount of personal stall space. When you place a stall, your items will be availible throught the area.

There are a few ways to set these shops up. First is your normal personal shop. These have 30-60 spaces for items, and you must be at the shop. They have a 1 hour duration.

Second method is the World Shop (still area wide) Again there is limited space in each city. They way the work is, every Tuesday 12am, you can place a bid on one or more of these fixed location. These shops stay up 24 hours a day, and do not require you to man them. If you win the bid, you will have that location for one week. These are pretty cool. You get to cutomize them a bit.

Third is the offline shop. They work almost the same as the normal shop, except the have a 4 hour duration, and you have to be a VIP to use.

All forms of the shops inventory can be searced through the shop interface.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

That sounds good, but how does it hold up? Is it working as intended or is it just full of gold sellers.

Its been a while but aion had/has the same thing, but also a auction house. The problem I seen with aion is that everything (well mostly everything) that you can buy from someone was easily obtainable. So did they make it that crafted items are decent and only way to get specific armor/weapon/items was via crafting?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by snoop101Ok so im a bit confused. I was reading a thread from a few pages back and they said there is no auction house.So with that said, how does someone who wants to craft make money? I was really hoping to play this game with crafting and trading in mind. Also how in depth is the crafting. Is it like wow's basic crafting or like Vanguard's? 

AoW uses stalls, with limited area space. VIP users can place offline stalls.

There is no auction house but "stall browser", it's all very clunky and provides just basic/limited functionality though.

Not sure what you mean with "depth" crafting - WoW and Vanguard crafting is in the same boat when it comes to "depth" in my book and AoW is no different.

Overall, despite all gear is crafted, the game is not setup well to support any dynamic, healthy economy.

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by snoop101

Ok so im a bit confused. I was reading a thread from a few pages back and they said there is no auction house.

So with that said, how does someone who wants to craft make money? I was really hoping to play this game with crafting and trading in mind. 

Also how in depth is the crafting. Is it like wow's basic crafting or like Vanguard's?

AoW uses stalls, with limited are space, for trading. VIP users can place offline stalls.

There is no auction house but "stall browser", it's all very clunky and provides just basic/limited functionality though.

Not sure what you mean with "depth" crafting - WoW and Vanguard crafting is in the same boat when it comes to "depth" in my book and AoW is no different.

Overall, despite all gear is crafted, the game is not setup very well to support any dynamic, healthy economy.

Wow's crafting is very very basic and nothing like Vanguard. I assume you havent played vanguard but the crafting is very much in depth. 

I'll make the question a little more easier to understand. 

Is crafting basic where you add 5x item a to make item b? 

or is crafting take multiple items with some being very hard to get which makes item b worth a lot of money.

Can you fail at crafting or have lower quality of items becuase of the resources you use?

Wow's crafting is very very basic and nothing like Vanguard. I assume you havent played vanguard but the crafting is very much in depth. I'll make the question a little more easier to understand. Is crafting basic where you add 5x item a to make item b? or is crafting take multiple items with some being very hard to get which makes item b worth a lot of money.Can you fail at crafting or have lower quality of items becuase of the resources you use?

What you call "depth" is complexity(somewhat, still they are in same boat imo), not the same thing.

AoW crafting is simple - "add 5x items a to make item b". The crafted items itself are fairly worthless, what makes gear valuable is enhancements that are completely random though.

All is about RNG:
    1)You need a recipe that is obtained via random loot.
    2)You need random enhancement to make your gear any worth.

Thanks for the info. Helps out a lot.

Thanks for the info. Helps out a lot.

There is nothing easier then just download the game and try for yourself. Either grab a beta key or join RU server and copy EN text files.

See whether game fits you or not.

Note: I would suggest you to try out RU servers since NA population is very low.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wow's crafting is very very basic and nothing like Vanguard. I assume you havent played vanguard but the crafting is very much in depth. 

I'll make the question a little more easier to understand. 

Is crafting basic where you add 5x item a to make item b? 

or is crafting take multiple items with some being very hard to get which makes item b worth a lot of money.

Can you fail at crafting or have lower quality of items becuase of the resources you use?

What you call "depth" is complexity(somewhat, still they are in same boat imo), not the same thing.

AoW crafting is simple - "add 5x items a to make item b". The crafted items itself are fairly worthless, what makes gear valuable is enhancements that are completely random though.

All is about RNG:
    1)You need a recipe that is obtained via random loot.
    2)You need random enhancement to make your gear any worth.

5 items with 3-4 being from different professions, with rarer items needing rare mats. Now you have other professions that are mini games like painting and calligraphy. There are a lot of professions compared to recent releases.

2 equal skill crafters will not craft the samethings. I love that about the system. The rng on enchants can be frustrating, but when you get the right combination, you know you have something special, and unique. You can charge accordingly at that point. 

It's the best crafting system/selling system I've played. There certainly hasn't been anything like in the west in years.

edit- NA server is packed... especially pre-launch.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Originally posted by bcbully

You post a lot of misleading info about the game but now you reached the point of ridiculousness...

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

Originally posted by bcbully

You post a lot of misleading info about the game but now you reached the point of ridiculousness...

I wouls say the server is packed much more then say its very low, but i think it is somewhere inbetween those 2. 

Also notice that he says especially pre-launch